Possible deal on a 64? Dart convertible 4sp

-

Jim Lusk

Reaction score
Got a call from a friend of mine today. Apparently the guy (not my friend) inherited this property with some Mopar stuff on it. The guy is trying to get rid of the convertible (all apart) and a 63? hardtop. I have seen the hardtop (part of it) and looks like a parts car. He thinks they could be had for $300 or less. I have not talked to the guy to find out if there is any paperwork or if the cars are still in the Cal DMV computer, but if anybody is interested PM me. They are located in Fresno, CA

You can easily make money at that price!!! Hell, the tail lights and 4spd stuff alone would easily double your money!

Yes, I could, but in many ways I'd love to turn somebody else onto it. I've got enough on my plate right now...

Yes, I could, but in many ways I'd love to turn somebody else onto it. I've got enough on my plate right now...
Hello Jim,
How much do you know about the convertible. Is it a V8 car, 4 speed? I'm starting a 63 Dart GT project and was thinking a convertible might be fun. I'm in Bakersfield and is there any way to gather more information and maybe pictures? It's not very far to drive.
Thank you, Steve

I'll see if I can get more info. A friend of mine has seen both cars, but doesn't know much about early A-bodies. The convertible does have a four speed hump. May or may not be a V8 car. I'll see what info I can get tonight or tomorrow.

You can easily make money at that price!!! Hell, the tail lights and 4spd stuff alone would easily double your money!

Why must it always about making money to some. Obviously, it's the first and most important thing to come to mind. Its a hobby for some of us...not a moneymaker.

I'll see if I can get more info. A friend of mine has seen both cars, but doesn't know much about early A-bodies. The convertible does have a four speed hump. May or may not be a V8 car. I'll see what info I can get tonight or tomorrow.
Thank you Jim,
Have a great evening, Steve

I would also be interested in the convertible if you can get more infor on it.

Why must it always about making money to some. Obviously, it's the first and most important thing to come to mind. Its a hobby for some of us...not a moneymaker.

Jeez dude, I was just saying that it would be a safe purchase. Why must some people always judge others and make assumptions?!

I see the No-cal brothers swooping in...that would be a smokin deal! Hell, if the vert was bakersfield or south, Id chime in. Wait, I got a 4 car driveway and 5 cars in it already.... ;-(

Ok, here's the deal. Stephen is first in line, but I've got to pick them up tomorrow for a very good price to get them out. They were parked at the street some time in the last two days. There is a problem with the convertible that may make it a parts car, but we will find out. There is no VIN tag attached to it. It may or may not be in the hardtop. I'll know more tomorrow night. If I can't find the VIN then I will part them out, quickly. Otherwise they will be available for a good price.

20170712_144046.jpg
20170712_144053.jpg
20170712_144057.jpg
20170712_144107.jpg

Jim. If you need a hand, I have a car truck and car trailer and can be up there in a couple of hours. Just give me a heads up.
Steve

Wow, that rag looks like a good builder, hopefully ya'll get the vin sorted out. Good score

Stephen is on his way and the convertible is safely tucked into my side yard. I'm even going to drag the scooter home if anybody wants one. I certainly don't need it.

Oh, and there is also an 8-3/4 that looks fresh under the convertible with new leaf springs and sub-frame connectors. Lots of missing parts, but a good starting point.

-
Back