Possibly the ugliest Barracuda I have ever draged home, But it is so cool!

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
I can say that since I have owned a 66 Barracuda since I was 15. That would be 25+ years. Well another has found it's way in to my life. I'm going to go outside and unload and take some pictures for you early A lovers. Be back in an hour or so.

Here goes it has been garaged since 1982. One owner car kind of a mauve color with a half black vinyl top.

Attachments

• Formula S 66 Barracuda 057.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,687
  • Formula S 66 Barracuda 067.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,656
  • Formula S 66 Barracuda 066.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,654
  • Formula S 66 Barracuda 065.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,628
  • Formula S 66 Barracuda 063.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,625
  • Formula S 66 Barracuda 062.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,681
  • Formula S 66 Barracuda 061.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 1,660
  • Formula S 66 Barracuda 060.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,658
  • Formula S 66 Barracuda 059.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,677
  • Formula S 66 Barracuda 058.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1,674
The 32 under the ab on fender tag makes it gorgeous ( real commando car ) plus a 4 speed. Nice.

Oldschoolcuda

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. That car is frickin cool! Nice score, what are your plans for it?

Owners son can't remember any real reason it was parked. So I'm hoping to see if I can get this car running after some fuel system, brake system, rebuilds and oil change.

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. That car is frickin cool! Nice score, what are your plans for it?

Seems like a crazy color and I have never liked vinyl tops much less the partial vinyl tops. But I'm commited to keeping this baby original and driving it. Probably just get it running and drive it. Can't stand the ideal of taking it apart for a restoration that I would never be able to afford. So just get it running good is the plan. maybe start restoring the interior first if it runs.

On the fender tag I don't know what the following codes are.

H=1
Y=6

think I have the rest but if anyone wants to decode post up.

Just noticed it has the Valiant emblem and not the fish on the front grill and back window trim. I guess this would mean it was a fairly early production 66 model year car.

sweet,looks like a nice project... alot better than what i would find in my neck of the woods. what are your plans for the car??

Wow. Didn't notice at first but see the trim on roof line now. H-1 number would be your heater but the y-6 denotes a vinyl top. Also 7 under the F means she is a formula S. Great find.

Oldschoolcuda

Yup Zhand, that thing is butt ugly and I think that to prevent any of it's ugliness from rubbing off on your fair state you should let me bring it home here north of the border.:glasses2:

Very nice score, dual exhaust, and looks like certicard holder as well. Show some better pics of the vinyl top and the tires.

Most of the vinyl top is gone. The dual exhaust and shifter have been changed and are not stock. Check out the drip rail moulding for the vinyl top. I also started cleaning out the trunk. The spare is the 6.95 X 14 blue streak tire. The rest of the tires are just some used tires the guy put on to get it rolling. But it does have all the correct wheels, caps, and lugs.

I have never seen that drip rail or the card board along the rear trunk panel and lock box area. It's really cool when people like me didn't get an opportunity to butcher these cars up years ago. I think I'm now old enough to keep it stock! At least on this car.

Attachments

• 1966 Mauve Formula S 005.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,494
  • 1966 Mauve Formula S 003.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,494
  • 1966 Mauve Formula S 004.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,527
  • 1966 Mauve Formula S 001.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,468
  • 1966 Mauve Formula S 009.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,502
  • 1966 Mauve Formula S 008.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,480
  • 1966 Mauve Formula S 006.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,480
man that is one cool 66 4speed V8 commando formula S
if it was citron gold I would be in love

My son Joseph (9) and I both think that this car is not ugly and were willing to "Drag it home" so you don't have that headache to deal with. Well work on it ;)

That is an awesome car!
Formula S, four speed and a trailer hitch - too cool!
Nice to find one that has been left original and not "improved".

It's growing on me fast but when I first looked at the car in a dark garage it looked kind of pinkish and thinking about the black vinyl top and seeing the car without hub caps it was looking pretty ugly in my mind. My chevy buddy said it looked like a girls car not a muscle car to say. LOL... But he really does like the car, even helped me close the deal when I was to busy to get down and pay for the car earlier today.

I don't see ugly at all, I see cool little car begging you to make her awsome! Good luck with your new project...enjoy the build...

Nice find and "Light Mauve Poly" to boot. That vinyl top is a rarity. I don't believe I've ever seen one on a Barracuda. Commando/4 speed. Power brakes. Disc I presume? Great combo to restore. toolman

-
Back