Possibly the ugliest Barracuda I have ever draged home, But it is so cool!

-
Tonight I drove the Barracuda around the block a couple times. The car says a little over 90,000 miles on the odometer and based on how well it runs and drives it maybe correct. I ran it up in the rpm's a little and shifted through the gears with a big smile on my face. To me there is nothing like the first ride after a car has been offf the road for years. In this case the car was last registered in 1982 almost 30 years ago.

There is still a few problem that will keep it off the highway like pin hole leaks in multiple freeze plugs. However It was a big relief that the car runs and drives without major mechanical problems.

My friend as a lover of early cuda's you have yourself a future fstfsh. My first was a 66 not unlike yours, I now have a 65 formula s on its way back. They are so cool when peoples heads turn as you cruise down the street. I love the ones who come up and ask "dude what kind of mustang is that", I usually laugh and reply "one no mopar lover would be seen dead in"! LOL,,,,Go for the gusto and enjoy the new old ride!!!!

First 273 Commando engine car I have ever driven and a 4 speed to boot so I was a little excited. I've had some 11 second cars so it didn't knock my socks off. However I must say I was not disappointed, it ran pretty darn strong.

On your build sheet my car dart that was built at the l.a plant had it above the springs on the rear seat, or between the padding and the rear springs. However mine was a convertible and the the sheet had started to deterioate. I do like your car! Do you add lead additive for the non hardend valve seats? Sounds like the car was parked when leaded gas was still avaible.

september 65 Build Date....I have kept an informal log of all the "V" cars I have ever seen in the past 20 years, the latest one I have seen is the one I own, late September....Great car....like the color, the vinyl top was never a sexy option....believe the light blue color mine is has to be the ugliest color a formula s could be....a bit feminine but what the heck....

Enjoy it and treat it well....love the black plates....cali car....perfect.

september 65 Build Date....I have kept an informal log of all the "V" cars I have ever seen in the past 20 years, the latest one I have seen is the one I own, late September....Great car....like the color, the vinyl top was never a sexy option....believe the light blue color mine is has to be the ugliest color a formula s could be....a bit feminine but what the heck....

Enjoy it and treat it well....love the black plates....cali car....perfect.
Me too.....anyone seen one EARLIER than 8/17/65? That's my first one that I bought over 30 years ago......original Hawaii car built in Hamtramck....not Los Angeles.....go figure.....

-
Back