Post Your Hoodscoops

-
4" cowl ..not chevy.. :D
Hey HotMopr did u have that scoop riveted on or is that a pin on hood with scoop already on because thats the kind of hood scoop that i want to put on my 66 Valiant but didnt know if they made them for mopars.

"Sorry to say but What the hell happened to your wiring?

......I was thinkin' it, but you had the grapes to say it"

That would drive me nuckin futs...

That's NOT a hood pin!!!

The original owner had his battery stolen (no inside hood release), so he took a six-inch-long piece of 1/2"-diameter threaded rod, attached it to the radiator support, drilled a matching hole in the hood, and ran this threaded rod through the hole in the hood; drilled a small hole in the threaded rod and put a lock through the hole. Beautiful... LOL!!! I'm not making this up..

I've been so busy, trying to make this thing get out of its own way, I haven't had time to get that ugly hole fixed... This car's not too big on aesthetics, anyway... :angry7:

One hood pin is not a concept I embrace.... But, I can surely understand your thinking that that's exactly what that was.

"Sorry to say but What the hell happened to your wiring?"

What "wiring"??????:happy10:

Actually, it's part of the "stealth" packaging; if they ever see my motor, they'll KNOW it would never run, so naturally, they'll be eager to race... 8)

I like it! I was thinking about doing something similar for a demon thats in que. Could you post some pics of the underside? I have a good idea of what it looks like I just wanted to to see one. Thanks

The underside is no different than a stock 67-69 B-cuda hood. I'll see if I can get some pics and post them in the near future -- it's hard to catch my daughter home -- she works and I work and it never seems we're home at the same time. I'll see what I can do, though.

I've got a project like Hotwheelsjr's going on myself.
I got started but have not had the time to finish it,
It's getting grafted onto a 70 Dart hood.
I've got a Challenger R/T hood I might try next if I ever get
the time to finish this one.

hood 051.jpg

hood 058.jpg

hood 075.jpg

hood 077.jpg

There's nothing hotter than the original dual scoops, but had to go to the 6 pack style for clearance reasons.

ed 3.jpg

ed 4.jpg

I've got a project like Hotwheelsjr's going on myself.
I got started but have not had the time to finish it,
It's getting grafted onto a 70 Dart hood.
I've got a Challenger R/T hood I might try next if I ever get
the time to finish this one.

You guys are amazing! I can't even apply bondo (or sheetrock mud) and get it smooth, much less cut, weld, and finish to look like that. True craftsmanship!

I salute you.:salute:

Badlilred, how high is that cowl?

Chasduster, at the rear of your scoop, how high is the scoop, how much flat surface do you have?

...but had to go to the 6 pack style for clearance reasons.

I have the same problem with clearance - need a hole in the hood. Where did you get that six-pack scoop? Or, is it a fiberglass hood?

By the way, I love that color. What is it?

Jerry

Hey HotMopr did u have that scoop riveted on or is that a pin on hood with scoop already on because thats the kind of hood scoop that i want to put on my 66 Valiant but didnt know if they made them for mopars.
I got the whole nose from fiberglass trends. They are in so cal. It originally had a 9" cowl to clear the tunnel ram carbs and air cleaner.. It was just to hard to see around so I chopped it of and grafted the shorter one on.

Drags032.jpg

-
Back