Post your self portraits!

-
Awesome! So, who won??? I guess you did???
If he ever expects to drive it again... you bet your ***! That and I limited the throttle travel on him before we left the house! He'd never driven something "squirrely" before and I was making sure we all came back in one piece! LOL

Having some coffee in the morning.

E9716A18-5755-402B-81B3-25FAEA9C0E83.jpeg

maybe it's different for everyone but I feel like there was a time vacuum during the covid years. 20, 21, 22 seemed like they flew by in a weird blur.

I feel like I returned to normal in 23, but missing a few years.

I was never really a masker but I would use one in those years if I was around a lot of people or people who seemed sick (can't be too careful)

I never got covid but I am so glad those ugly years are gone, with too many unkowns.

I keep hearing covid is still around but really kinda faded, hopefully for good.

CIMG 2001.jpg

Covid is very much still around (at least in Southern AZ). We see confirmed cases at least once a week. And while I don't care one way or the other about mask wearing, these patients usually don't tell us until we're up in their face. So, I usually just say screw the mask -- haven't gotten Covid yet! knocking on wood.......

Covid is very much still around (at least in Southern AZ). We see confirmed cases at least once a week. And while I don't care one way or the other about mask wearing, these patients usually don't tell us until we're up in their face. So, I usually just say screw the mask -- haven't gotten Covid yet! knocking on wood.......
Your immune system is taking care of you. Continued good health!

I agree 100% but at the time it seemed right to me for what I knew.

Hindsight is 20/20 but the world looks a lot different with unknowns and misinformation in your face.
I absolutely wore a mask during "those years," because it's alarming to see healthy young people drop dead right in front of your eyes. I guess nowadays I've gotten a little loose with it though.

I agree 100% but at the time it seemed right to me for what I knew.

Hindsight is 20/20 but the world looks a lot different with unknowns and misinformation in your face.
I wouldn't call it "misinformation", maybe just "conflicting information". Covid was new and we were still learning about it (still are), so it seemed better at the time to err on the side of caution. Besides, my wife was going through cancer treatment and had a compromised immune system, so we masked up consistently.

I was never really a masker but I would use one in those years if I was around a lot of people or people who seemed sick (can't be too careful)

I never got covid but I am so glad those ugly years are gone, with too many unkowns.

I keep hearing covid is still around but really kinda faded, hopefully for good.

View attachment 1716224655
I'm going to rename you "Wilson".

View attachment 1716224655
I wore a mask every time I went out, which wasn't much but got covid any way, was the worst I've ever felt in my life.

maybe it's different for everyone but I feel like there was a time vacuum during the covid years. 20, 21, 22 seemed like they flew by in a weird blur.

I feel like I returned to normal in 23, but missing a few years.
My wife and I both are senior citizens with pre-existing conditions (among other things, she has Lupus). So we hunkered down for over a year until vaccines were available, going out as little as possible. Until then, we wore masks whenever we did go out. I hated wearing them, but I hated dying of Covid worse. Of course, most who got Covid survived, but my wife lost her sister and brother to it, and her sister-in-law lost her brother and father. Now we feel safe enough that we've quit wearing masks and we come and go as we please.

Meanwhile, car shows mostly stopped, and car club meetings were postponed. Had no reason to drive them, so my old Mopars (and two Studebakers) just sat for a couple of years. Then came the fun of getting them all running again. Amazing what happens to cars that just sit. New spark plugs, new fuel pumps (3), my 49 Dodge's HEI electronic ignition crapped out, new water pump, carburetors leaking, etc., etc. I'm still not fully back up to speed, but I'm getting there.

Me, third from left at a Studebaker club meeting (my wife isn't in this picture).

1711038513801.jpeg

-
Back