Powder Coating Special ... and Other Stuff I Need to Tell Ya

-

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
I won't pull anybody's lariat and tell you it's been a fantastic year because it hasn't -- the April 20 tornado did a serious number on my shop and basically put PSC out of business for about five months.

Despite some serious overtime since I got back to the real work (instead of construction crap), I'm still catching up with the 25+ jobs that were here when the storm hit and those that arrived in the meantime; overall they're going pretty well though and the list is getting shorter.

Those who've been here on FABO for awhile may remember my Monthly Specials in the past where I'd put something on sale that could be powder coated ... valve covers, intake manifolds, any part over 30 inches, Design Your Own Dress Up Kit, etc. I know it's been awhile since I offered a special and it's long overdue in more ways than one. Here's my thinking.

All but one of those FABO customers who had parts here when the storm hit has been beyond patient and totally understanding of my disaster situation. I know some are working with me for the very first time and this is one hell of a nasty first impression of a custom shop. I'd be surprised if you come back after all this! I can't tell you how much all that patience and understanding means to me ... because if the roles were reversed and somebody had MY parts for that long without progress I'd be less than thrilled about it and pretty likely to tell them so. But except for that one guy it hasn't been that way; I've been pretty much left alone to fix my shop, get back on my feet again and return to the task at hand. You've all been great and I couldn't ask for a better bunch of current customers.

As a little Thank You for not giving up on me or sending out the angry villagers with their flaming torches, I'm going to offer a 25% labor discount to every FABO member on everything across the board that arrives at my shop between now and December 31, 2011. That's 5% more than even the Gold Members receive!

Please keep in mind the turn around time isn't totally back up to par yet (so please talk to me first if you have a rush) but the backlog should be fully cleared within the next few weeks.

To those newbies who may be unfamiliar with my shop:

• Work samples are found throughout my website but are mainly in the Gallery.
  • I have over 6,500 powder colors, finishes and textures available including custom color matching (see the home page for Color Charts).
  • Even without a killer special, I try to keep my prices very affordable for the quality of work I turn out.
  • FABO / Military discounts are always applied.
  • 5-Star Feedback
  • I specialize in Mopar parts and one-off custom work but can powder coat anything metal that can withstand 450 degrees and fit in my 7' x 4' x 3' curing oven.
If you can dream it up, I'm the girl that can make it happen. Two- and three-color jobs are customary and don't intimidate me one bit. :-D

Here's a little Introduction video -- it's maybe 4 minutes long. At least 85% of the parts in the video belong to FABO members!

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/...S/Web Files/?action=view&current=a471b785.pbw

And I really need to add some more new stuff to it -- it's been awhile since I worked on it or my website.

The PSC Fan Page on FaceBook just hit 500+ members a few days ago so check it out too if you're a FB user.

Anyway, don't hesitate to give me a call or post in this thread if you've got questions, need a quote or want to go over specific details. (My equipment's loud so please leave a message if you get the machine.)

Sincerely, thanks again guys ... for everything!

Leanna, even though it has been a very rough time for you, YOU DID IT RIGHT!!! You kept everybody updated and customers can't ask for more. You never ran off with anything or disappeared. That is what makes for great customer relations and a great business rep. Kudos to you girl!

Jack

We all love you girl. We know you're a class act. ....and my valve cover will be on the way soon as I can scrape money outta the budget to ship it. lol

Your number one to me and love the work you do Leanna. I have ton of stuff here that I want to send you also but hasn't been the right time.

As a repeat customer of Leanna's and PSC I can attest to everything that she posted. For folks that do not know her yet, she can even do "non-Mopar" stuff!!!:cheers:

She's a class act and if you want something done right, with attention to detail; then this is the person to talk to. You won't be disappointed, I guarantee it.:thumblef:
C

Hey Leanna, If you are caught up with your work and need some, let me know. I can always ship a few items to you now and then until I can get a full truck load and drive it down there...

I know you are a great person and do great work. You haven't lost any business from me...

I can't wait to get the $$$$ so i can have a few things powdered coated.

Leanna, even though it has been a very rough time for you, YOU DID IT RIGHT!!! You kept everybody updated and customers can't ask for more. You never ran off with anything or disappeared. That is what makes for great customer relations and a great business rep. Kudos to you girl!

Jack

Thanks Jack! That means a lot.

We all love you girl. We know you're a class act. ....and my valve cover will be on the way soon as I can scrape money outta the budget to ship it. lol

I appreciate it Rob! You've got a credit on file so I can send you a UPS call tag on that valve cover if you want -- just let me know.

Your number one to me and love the work you do Leanna. I have ton of stuff here that I want to send you also but hasn't been the right time.

I love the metal you send me so it's mutual John. :-D I'll be here whenever you're ready.

As a repeat customer of Leanna's and PSC I can attest to everything that she posted. For folks that do not know her yet, she can even do "non-Mopar" stuff!!!:cheers:

She's a class act and if you want something done right, with attention to detail; then this is the person to talk to. You won't be disappointed, I guarantee it.:thumblef:
C

Cal, you're one of the best cheerleaders anybody could ask for! It's always wonderful working with you and your friends.

Hey Leanna, If you are caught up with your work and need some, let me know. I can always ship a few items to you now and then until I can get a full truck load and drive it down there...

I know you are a great person and do great work. You haven't lost any business from me...

Karl, I've got stuff to work on (and a few personal things I could do up to sell for Christmas money) but you're certainly welcome to get in on this special if you want to! It would be awesome to finally get to work with you ... feel like I've known you all my life. :-D

I can't wait to get the $$$$ so i can have a few things powdered coated.

I'll be here when you're ready Valiant Rebel. It'll be great getting to know your car too.

Why can't all business owners be this way.

I'd guess because the work -- and how ya'll feel about it -- is more important to me.

Thanks for all the replies!!! :D :D :D

I wish I could take advantage of this, but I need to get it dependable first, and the budget (dirty word, I know) won't stretch that far yet. When I can I plan on sending a lot of parts for your "loving attention". Your work looks great!

Well I guess that means I need to get off my dead *** and onto my dieing feet and box up a few things I'd like to have PC'd !!! Any word on my Teals and Pinks Leanna ? I found the Black I want to use on the motor parts from the samples you sent,and I need to remember the Silver mettalic we discussed too !!Almost ready for you dear !!

hey leanna im glad things are starting to pick up for you!! that is a great discount!! and im thinking of things to get powdercoated!! lol

-james

I wish I could take advantage of this, but I need to get it dependable first, and the budget (dirty word, I know) won't stretch that far yet. When I can I plan on sending a lot of parts for your "loving attention". Your work looks great!

Thanks for the kind words prof! Please remember that every FABO member is entitled to a 10% discount and Gold Members receive a 20% discount with my shop every day of the year so missing out this time won't be that big of a deal. I already know what I do doesn't make your car ride better or go faster or increase fuel economy so I understand if your priorities are elsewhere at the moment. I won't hold it against ya!!! :-D

Well I guess that means I need to get off my dead *** and onto my dieing feet and box up a few things I'd like to have PC'd !!! Any word on my Teals and Pinks Leanna ? I found the Black I want to use on the motor parts from the samples you sent,and I need to remember the Silver mettalic we discussed too !!Almost ready for you dear !!

Dennis, surprisingly NO. I've been in contact with both of my favorite customer service reps for assistance in tracking down the names of those colors three times since you asked but I haven't heard back yet. I'll keep bugging them though.

hey leanna im glad things are starting to pick up for you!! that is a great discount!! and im thinking of things to get powdercoated!! lol

-james

I'm trying to do what I can to help out in a stiff economy James. Even if only one person gets ahead on their ride as a result of this, then my purpose will be justified. :-D

Arggghhhh, it just dawned on me I forgot to mention that I've got Gift Certificates with no expiration dates available for purchase in any amount too. (That's what I get for writing posts at 2 in the morning lol!) Perfect item for that hard-to-shop-for motorhead on your list. PSC accepts paypal, personal checks, US Postal Service Money Orders or cash. Just mention in the memo area that it's for a Gift Certificate, include your (or the recipient's) mailing address, and I'll send it out immediately.

Paypal address: [email protected]

Thanks to all for taking the time to read this! Your support and encouragement mean the world to me and I wouldn't still be here without it. :-D

Friday bump! I'd love to have 22,000+ views on this thread so the entire membership knows how I feel ... I know it's not gonna happen LOL but I can try. :-D

Leanna, it is my hope that my children's children will be riding around in my Duster...still sporting the front suspension you are perfecting for me!:grin:

Leanna,
I have only been a member of this site for a few months but in that time I have viewed many pictures of your work and read the testimonials from other members about how pleased they have been. I am just getting started on my project but you can be sure when I am ready for powder coating I will be contacting you. I hope you have a good selection of green!! Good luck getting caught up and keep up the fantastic work.
~Michael

Leanna,

Not supprisingly, you've done the best you can with the cards you've been dealt. In my travels I've been tempted to go with another powdercotaer but... I keep gettting these visions of some toothless looser randomly spraying powder with no concept of positive and negative acctraction/repulsion, much less any careful masking.

Arrrgh! Afteer having sent a very complex peice to you, a Bosch alternator, and after discussing with you what did and what did not require coating.... I was amazed. No hole tapping was needed whatsover. No one in town as far as I know has your capabiliteis, attention to detail nor the colour selection you offer.

Now I'm going into customer service.... Leanna is the tops, but the customer also needs to know what they want! No one has a crystal ball and the communication in my experieance was always there.

Keep keeping on Leanna! You've always done right by me!

Just for you Leanna!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBnSWJHawQQ"]Hold Your Head Up-Argent-1972-(Long Version) - YouTube[/ame]

Heh, heh, heh, heh, He put up the long version, Heh, heh, heh, heh... (in Beavis' voice)

Leanna, it is my hope that my children's children will be riding around in my Duster...still sporting the front suspension you are perfecting for me!:grin:

I hope so too Chris! Now I just need it to warm up a bit so I can drag all that greasy stuff you bought to the car wash. :-D

Leanna,
I have only been a member of this site for a few months but in that time I have viewed many pictures of your work and read the testimonials from other members about how pleased they have been. I am just getting started on my project but you can be sure when I am ready for powder coating I will be contacting you. I hope you have a good selection of green!! Good luck getting caught up and keep up the fantastic work.
~Michael

Michael, your words melted my heart ... that kind of reaction is exactly what I hope for! Thank you for sharing that.

As far as greens go, I've got a couple in stock but they're pretty wild; Neon Yellow was used on a BMX frame for member JLP and Kiwi Green is a dead on match for that wicked Kawasaki lime green (both are pictured in my Gallery) but there are dozens of others available. Feel free to hit me up for some color swatches whenever you're ready.

Leanna,

Not supprisingly, you've done the best you can with the cards you've been dealt. In my travels I've been tempted to go with another powdercotaer but... I keep gettting these visions of some toothless looser randomly spraying powder with no concept of positive and negative acctraction/repulsion, much less any careful masking.

Arrrgh! Afteer having sent a very complex peice to you, a Bosch alternator, and after discussing with you what did and what did not require coating.... I was amazed. No hole tapping was needed whatsover. No one in town as far as I know has your capabiliteis, attention to detail nor the colour selection you offer.

Now I'm going into customer service.... Leanna is the tops, but the customer also needs to know what they want! No one has a crystal ball and the communication in my experieance was always there.

Keep keeping on Leanna! You've always done right by me!

Awwwwwwwww Joe, you know it's mutual. Without your first fabulous [and hilariously wine-induced pre-arrival] write ups a few years ago, I'd probably never have gotten a red-painted toenail in the door around here so you hold a very special place in my heart. You're always great to work with! Thanks too for the Argent today -- it fit well with the occasion and was even slightly Mopar related color wise. :-D

And I have to thank several-time returning customer Slappy for being the first to take me up on this most recent Powder Coating Special! Tod, your business means a lot to me (most especially now after a rather rough year) and I appreciate your continuing confidence in my abilities.

After nearly seven years hanging out with ya'll, I have to say I could ask for better friends and people to work with .......... but nobody could ever find them. Thanks FABO!!!

:love7:

Bump for the work day readers :-D

Thanks for the calls and PMs guys! I'm getting back with everyone as time permits.

-
Back