Powder Coating Special ... and Other Stuff I Need to Tell Ya

-
Bump for the work day readers :-D

Thanks for the calls and PMs guys! I'm getting back with everyone as time permits.

Leanna;
I was signing on to look for this post and bump it to the top for you :cheers:
Just wondering if you have any greens that are close to f8? Thinking about doing the intake and valve cover in a color close to the body color on my dart. Let me know when you get a chance.
~Michael

I'll give ya bump.... your work and attitude are top notch.....

Hi Leanna,

i hope you can stand firmly on your feet again.

My thoughts are with you.

I wish you all the best for you and yours sister

11.jpg

=======================================================

C'mon people... Send her some work. She does good work and needs to catch up for lost business from when her shop was down from the storm...

Leanna;
I was signing on to look for this post and bump it to the top for you :cheers:
Just wondering if you have any greens that are close to f8? Thinking about doing the intake and valve cover in a color close to the body color on my dart. Let me know when you get a chance.
~Michael

Thanks for the bump!

I guess this got buried up there in my earlier post Michael.
"As far as greens go, I've got a couple in stock but they're pretty wild; Neon Yellow was used on a BMX frame for member JLP and Kiwi Green is a dead on match for that wicked Kawasaki lime green (both are pictured in my Gallery) but there are dozens of others available. Feel free to hit me up for some color swatches whenever you're ready."
Since my in-stock greens aren't going to be up to par for an F8 match, I have to refer you instead to my Color Charts. Just finding a starting point there is all I need, as my supplier will forward swatches of the requested color as well as everything else they have that's similar. (Monitor settings being what they are, it's tough to get an accurate match in one shot but that method speeds things along a bit.) The greens are in a sub-folder on the right hand side once you click that link up there.

A special order green powder will add about $40+/- to the overall job total, but two pounds (the minimum order) is equivalent in coverage to 12 rattle cans of spray paint so that little bit goes a long way ... enough for a few valve covers and a couple of intakes.

I'll give ya bump.... your work and attitude are top notch.....

Thanks 64X2!!! :-D

Hi Leanna,

i hope you can stand firmly on your feet again.

My thoughts are with you.

I wish you all the best for you and yours sister

11.jpg

=======================================================

Awww Uli, that's sweet of you! I can't wait to meet you when you finally come to America.

Okay, off to the PMs. Thanks for all the comments and messages! :-D

Thanks for the bump!

I guess this got buried up there in my earlier post Michael.
"As far as greens go, I've got a couple in stock but they're pretty wild; Neon Yellow was used on a BMX frame for member JLP and Kiwi Green is a dead on match for that wicked Kawasaki lime green (both are pictured in my Gallery) but there are dozens of others available. Feel free to hit me up for some color swatches whenever you're ready."
Since my in-stock greens aren't going to be up to par for an F8 match, I have to refer you instead to my Color Charts. Just finding a starting point there is all I need, as my supplier will forward swatches of the requested color as well as everything else they have that's similar. (Monitor settings being what they are, it's tough to get an accurate match in one shot but that method speeds things along a bit.) The greens are in a sub-folder on the right hand side once you click that link up there.

A special order green powder will add about $40+/- to the overall job total, but two pounds (the minimum order) is equivalent in coverage to 12 rattle cans of spray paint so that little bit goes a long way ... enough for a few valve covers and a couple of intakes.

Thanks Leanna!! I will check out the colors and figure out which one is the closest to what I am looking for. Plus a free bump to the top for other members to see.
~Michael

Can you powdercoat over chrome ? I have some ideas to throw around . I want to do something off the wall with chrome and aluminum trim .

A little bump for those lucky ones with the day off! :-D

I appreciate all the calls and PMs! It's nice to be back to work again.

This needs a bump for the 273 commando guy...

Alright, we're goin commando...

Gigity, gigity...

Glen Quagmire

LMAO Karl ... you know me so well. ;-)

James, yes you can powder coat over chrome. It looks the best when the chrome job is decent, and candy translucent powders really look fabulous ... they turn out like a colored mirror.

Aftermarket chrome gauge cup and retainer coated with Wilder Red ...

View attachment Chrome aftermarket gauge cup and retainer in Wilder Red.jpg

These are chrome Harley handlebars with a base coat of Ink Black, topcoated with that same Wilder Red ...

View attachment IMG_5309 - Copy.JPG

Most of these parts were chromed on arrival, now in Tangelo Mist on a bike by HellBent Custom Cycles that sold for $42,000 a few months ago ...

View attachment Bike hardware and brackets in Tangelo Mist.jpg

Any pitting, flaking or rust on your chrome job demands that the chrome be removed first. Depending on the size of the part and whether it's a good triple chrome job from the past or the cheap crap they use nowadays, I may recommend that the customer send the part to a chrome shop first so they can dip it in their remover before sending it to me to powder coat. This isn't because I'm too lazy to blast it ... it's because it's cheaper for you to pay them twenty bucks to painlessly dip it than it would be for you to pay me to stand at my blast cabinet for hours on end getting it back down to bare metal where I can work on it. The shipping costs back and forth will be a little higher but a $50/hour commercial blasting rate is something to consider.

Most chrome and aluminum trim can be coated if you know what you're doing. I've also learned over the years that most powder coating shops won't touch pot metal with a 10-foot pole (lots of trim is made from pot metal) but I've had pretty good luck with it overall. I'm especially excited about the results on MattyDean's recent steering column parts and can't wait to get them out the door so I can share the photos on my website. (Had to finish up his Commando valve covers first.)

* * *​

I've also had a few comments the last few days over the phone from past customers expressing concerns about sending parts out this close to Christmas. They want to take advantage of the best sale PSC has ever had but don't want to tie up all their holiday funds on personal car parts. I can totally understand that! But I'd like to have some kind of Christmas too.

Just so ya'll know, I've got some work here from before and after the storm that I've been finishing up since I got back up and running. For the most part it's going pretty well and the backlog is clearing out, but I think I've probably got enough here to keep me busy until the end of the year (or close to it). One of those jobs is huge -- a complete brake / suspension setup for RockersDuster (thank you Chris!!! :-D) -- and it'll take awhile to complete since it was just taken off the donor car, placed in a box and shipped.

If you want to get in on the special and make sure you won't get a bill from me until after the first of the year, that's just fine (and chances are pretty good I won't have a chance to work on it until then anyway).

On the other hand, if you've got something you'd like to give as a Christmas present and want it coated at an amazing price, I might be able to accommodate a few rushes like that too. Just talk to me and I know we can work out something we're both comfortable with.

Unlike some of the places you all have locally, I'M the one who talks to you on the phone, answers your emails and Private Messages, looks over your parts on arrival, does all the work, types up the bill, packages your parts, gives them to the UPS or mail man, cashes your check, and shows off your parts on my website later. I don't have a big staff to oversee, corporate execs to answer to or a 10,000 square foot facility, and I don't want one. I like the personal attention, turning your old nasty car parts into works of art, and enjoy having all of you as customers ... because most of the time you turn into friends. :-D

FABO folks have been treating me right for years (welllllllllllllllll, most of 'em have anyway http://www.ebay.com/itm/Professionally-Restored-1971-Mopar-Dual-Snorkel-Air-Cleaner-/180753190180?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2a15bacd24#ht_1292wt_1344 ...) so I try to do the same for all of you. Don't be afraid to approach me if you've got an usual or interesting idea because chances are good I'm going to like it.

And dang it, I'd swear I was a blonde sometimes. Keep forgetting to add this ...

Get a fantastic gift for your favorite motorhead!

View attachment PSC Christmas Gift Certificate photo.jpg

Gift Certificates are available in ANY AMOUNT!

Log on to your paypal account, then "Send Money" -- any amount you wish! -- to [email protected].
Indicate in the Notes section that your payment is for a Gift Certificate.
BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR MAILING ADDRESS!
If you prefer your Gift Certificate be sent directly to the recipient with a holiday greeting card on us, please include their mailing address instead.
Your gift certificate purchase will be separately acknowldged via email, and we'll even pick up the paypal fee.​

Getting ready to send you those valve covers we talked about!

Sounds great Don! I'm glad you're taking me up on this special ... you've spent a lot of money here these last few years and I know every little bit you can save helps you further along on those cars.

I'll have your last shipment of parts ready to head out tomorrow. Thanks for your repeat business and loyalty! Both mean a lot to me. :-D

Leanna,
How did those door handles turn out? I sold them to another member here but never saw any pics of them. I am interested in maybe getting my door handles powdercoated but am not sure if you could do this. Please advise. Thanks, Tom

Sounds great Don! I'm glad you're taking me up on this special ... you've spent a lot of money here these last few years and I know every little bit you can save helps you further along on those cars.

I'll have your last shipment of parts ready to head out tomorrow. Thanks for your repeat business and loyalty! Both mean a lot to me. :-D

PM just sent as well as an email!:D

Leanna,
How did those door handles turn out? I sold them to another member here but never saw any pics of them. I am interested in maybe getting my door handles powdercoated but am not sure if you could do this. Please advise. Thanks, Tom

Well, they haven't yet turned out yet. They're still in line (yeahhhhhhhhh I knowwwww ... it's been awhile). I was initially instructed to hold off and keep them last in line pending the results of the paint job but Doug and I have since exchanged some PMs on a color change. They sure are in nice shape though! It'll be cool seeing how they turn out.

Weekend bump! This sale applies to every part that arrives here on or before December 31, 2011. I've been bustin my backside clearing off my table of backlog ... now I want to fill it up again. :-D

Thanks for all the calls and PMs! If I haven't answered yours yet, please rest easy -- I'll get there as soon as I can.

is that the suspension i sent out? i know it'll look awesome once done by leanna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris, believe me, you aren't the only one who's excited about tearing into that suspension! (It's GOT to be easier than when it was on the car ........... I still have scars from mine LOL :-D)

Dennis, I hope to hear something back in the next day or so on your swatches.

And amidst everything else, I worked on the PSC Introduction Video for awhile last night and added some more stuff to it. If you're unfamiliar with my shop, what it is that gets done around here, or if it's been awhile since you watched it, please take a couple minutes and check this out. Do you see your parts in there somewhere??? :-D

Anyway, I hope ya'll have a fantastic Thanksgiving holiday if I don't get on here again in the meantime. Thanks for following this thread, adding your comments and keeping PSC in your motorhead dreams. :-D

Bump for the long weekend!

Thanks too to 65Dartman, SuperDart426 and Mariner for jumping out of the gate and getting in on this special. You guys are awesome, thank you. :-D

Leanne you know it! All us folks here at Fabo got your back. Your work is outstanding and you are one class act. Even though I cant afford to take advatage of your generous offer right now,one day I will. I have some of your work in my shop courtesy of Bob,and I think I need to get it out tonight and remind myself how truly talented you are!

-
Back