Powermaster Altenator

-

dodgegtdart68

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a Powermaster Altenator ??? I have a 68 Dart GT with a 75 360 in it. Will it work ????

20220721_204327.jpg
I use the #75191 single wire alternator without any issues on the avatar car. It's a 95 amp model and seems to work just fine.
I have a 4ga charge wire running to the battery in the trunk. Even with 2 rad fans, 1 trans cooler fan, and my fuel pump running, I still have roughly 13.5 volts at idle.

Last edited:
I heard all good things about powermaster, but the one I had was nothing but trouble. I sent it in to them 4 times and it was never right. Switched to a TuffStuff brand and haven’t had a problem since.

I have a Powermaster 175191(chrome). Installed new in 2017. 1-wire, 95A. (2) fans and a vacuum booster pump are the only added draw from stock. Had an electrical issue recently and looked like it was the alternator so I bought the Powermaster 75191. Same alternator, stock finish. Eventually discovered the alternator was not the issue. Put the 175191 back in and kept the 75191 as a spare. Been a good experience. Also good experience with their technical support. They were very good at responding.

Ed Law w/Powermaster

elaw@powermasterperformance.com

Reach out to him with your question about application if no one else chimes in with confirmed fitment. Powermaster I believe has an application for most of us, if not all.

Edit:Mine is installed in a ‘69 RR 383.

Has anyone installed a Powermaster Altenator ??? I have a 68 Dart GT with a 75 360 in it. Will it work ????
Regardless of brand, or OEM, etc IF YOU install an alternator larger than about 45A you BETTER research the ammeter bypass "thing"

I ran a 95a for about 12 seconds. That's how long it took for the smoke to start falling out of my factory wiring. I run a 140a in my squarebody, but that thing has a modernized Painless harness. Nothing wrong with the big alternator, just make sure you a) need it and b) can handle it.

Regardless of brand, or OEM, etc IF YOU install an alternator larger than about 45A you BETTER research the ammeter bypass "thing"

Get the crackedback wire from alt to starter relay.

I agree with both of you. Also, check your bulkhead connector. Mine was corroded and someone had stuck a sheet metal screw in it to make a better connection! I ended up replacing the engine and front wiring harnesses. It was money well spent.

I heard all good things about powermaster, but the one I had was nothing but trouble. I sent it in to them 4 times and it was never right. Switched to a TuffStuff brand and haven’t had a problem since.

I've used Powermaster. The biggest issue I had was mounting. It used a custom universal mount.

I've used Tuffstuff 100amp 1-wire and had it fail.

Currently I run a 100amp Mopar 1 wire and knock on wood.....

Wow hey thanks everyone for all your input. This is an excellent resource. Definitely appreciate it all as I have issues with reading and comprehending

-
Back