Pro Touring 10K

-
Well a little progress.The outter shell is just about down to bare metal. Working on welding up the trim holes and have all the factory under coating removed from the inside of the right quarter. Still need to do the right side. Then off to be blasted. So I can finally get the mini tubs in. From there it won't be long before it's ready for paint. The panels are in great shape. So I'm thinking around two weeks and it will be ready for paint. Finally landed on a color.
Ibis white.
I have also included a picture of a another car we are building in the shop. Just to show what I will be doing to the underside of the Dart.
We are using Raptor Bed liner. It's looks great on the underside. We have done this several times now and it works out great. Such a clean look and easy to clean up for a street driven car.
More to come.

Attachments

• Dart 001.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,425
  • Dart 002.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1,469
  • Dart 003.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,409
  • Dart 004.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,468
  • Dart 005.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,449
  • 001.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,461
  • 002.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,485
Will, I hate this part of the build. It looks like a disaster to me during this stage. It will look much better when stripped and at least in epoxy primer.

Well the Quarter trim holes are all welded up. The gas cap had to go too.
Some metal finishing and then off to the blaster to get the bottom side done.

Attachments

• 032.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,358
  • 033.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 1,378
Well the Quarter trim holes are all welded up. The gas cap had to go too.
Some metal finishing and then off to the blaster to get the bottom side done.
All you have to do now is cut out your spare tire well and get a delete plate and a custom stainless steel gas tank. I just might know the guys to call for this

I've thought about you guys and your tank set up.

Not much time to work on the Dart tonight, After blocking on customers cars all day the last thing I want to do is sand on my own car. Well it will never get done if I don't, So I ground down all the welds and did a skim coat of Dynaglass on the filled gas cap area. So not much to see other than some filler work. Although when I got home my new front tires have arrived. They look sweet. Kuhmo Ecsta XS KU36 SCCA road race tires.
I have a thread on them in the wheel and tire section.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZ,!lwE8FcrzlqJBPOmN!i8Fw~~60_1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,231
Tonight just keeps getting better, Scored a new set of 1.14 T bars for 200 bucks.

Hey, I found a brand new Soff Seal cowl seal still in the package in my garage earlier tonight it says it fits 63-70 darts/valiants. You want it? If so ill bring it tomorrow.

Hell yeh, I'm on roll tonight, I should run out and buy a lottery ticket....LOL

its sittin with my stuff on the island in the kitchen so i wont forget it. buy one if you win you can buy an old airport for some track area.

This is what happens when you leave me alone in the evenings by myself...
I started out just going to remove the trunk brace. Well some measuring and it looked like a pretty straight forward cut. Piece of cake.Some clean up and then the other side comes out. When this kind of stuff gets easy you have done way to many of them...LOL

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,322
  • 002.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 1,340
  • 004.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,347
Not bad for less than 2 hours work. All I got done in the same amount of time was a drive home, cleared the new intake and drained my coolant.

LOL, At least you have something you can clean on your car.
Not bad for less than 2 hours work. All I got done in the same amount of time was a drive home, cleared the new intake and drained my coolant.

While your cutting stuff out why don t you cut out your spare tire well. Are you going to make your mini tub look OEM like this

Yep, Looks good Eric. Your car I will assume.

Cut the pinch welds off the frame rails and weld them up I have 16.250 of room from inner to outter wheel well

Cut the right side out this afternoon. Need to clean up the inner wheel housings and make a panel to fill the gap. If I can gret them done next week I can finish up some other minor fab work and get it off to be blasted so I can start relocating the rear springs and mocking up the rear housing. Then a thrash to prep for paint.
Bought the paint today while I was picking up some paint for a customers car.
I was also messing around with the new front tires last night and I think I could shove a 18x9.5 under the front also without and issues.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,264
  • 002.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 1,235
  • 003.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1,259
I can't believe you guys cut up a perfectly good car....

-
Back