Pro Touring 10K

-
some fellows from the Detroit area had a set of those wheels in their trunk ...they said they were ....."for sale" and were priced to go....$150 for the set.....cash only.....should I have picked them up for you?....I don't think they came with a warranty though

just tryin' to help...

Denny

Thanks for the heads up. I'm running the street radial. Not the DOT Slicks

Attachments

• sportsman_sr_rear.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,769
Thats dirt cheap. My cost shipped is 180 a wheel. Are you sure they were Niche wheels? Alot of mesh wheels out there. If you can find them shot me a PM maybe a picture or some info. Thanks for the help.
some fellows from the Detroit area had a set of those wheels in their trunk ...they said they were ....."for sale" and were priced to go....$150 for the set.....cash only.....should I have picked them up for you?....I don't think they came with a warranty though

just tryin' to help...

Denny

reel em in...I got a big one....

I'm just jackin' with ya.....a lot of help,right?

Just a heads up...268darts4me has 3 Early-A dropped(V8)centerlinks for sale.These are getting scarce,so I,d grab one from him before there sold.I also modified my K-frame so my 8qrt pan fits alot better for re and re of the engine.Good luck with the build.:cheers:

You know I looked at mine the other day. And it looks like a drop center link to me. Could it be on a slant 6 car?
Just a heads up...268darts4me has 3 Early-A dropped(V8)centerlinks for sale.These are getting scarce,so I,d grab one from him before there sold.I also modified my K-frame so my 8qrt pan fits alot better for re and re of the engine.Good luck with the build.:cheers:

You know I looked at mine the other day. And it looks like a drop center link to me. Could it be on a slant 6 car?
they did put them on 6 cyl cars also(the V8 ones),the only way to tell is to measure the drop.When installing your V8 you can also shim under the mounts for clearance if yours is the 6 cyl one.

Worked on tearing the car down tonight.I can't tell you how nice it is to have a rust free car, I'm not sure where this car has been the last 46 years. But its like it's been in a time capsule. Pictures to come. First on the list after tear down is mini tubes. Also got conformation of the build order for the new wheels. A good day.

I'm curious on the back space you are getting for the front wheels? looking forward to some pics. Great looking wheels BTW

I am curious as to the bs of those wheels in front myself?? I'm trying to buy wheels for my 70 duster and am not sure what bs to go with...

Those are nice wheels, especially at that price.

I will be running 18x8 front with 5.7 B/S I'm using 74 duster spindles and 12" cordoba drilled and slotted rotors. So it will increase the track with by 11/64 per side. My biggest concern was to keep the wheels tucked under the car and keep it huging the ground. As my goal is to use the car on some autocross outtings. I have desided to run a 234/35 front tire as well. To put as much rubber on the ground that I can get. With all that considered I arrived at the 5.7 B/S Calculating off the original tire location an 18x8 will move in 2.1 inches but only .7 outward so no fender rubbing. tire size will increase from 22.7 to 24.8 a lot of homework to get what I wanted. Backs are much easier. with mini tube and building the rear to fit. I picked mickey thompson 26x12 for tires 26.4 tall and 18x9.5 rime with a 6.4 B/S hope this helps.
Tim

Well not a lot to update. I have just been smaped at the shop. So little time to put into my own build. The fenders are stripped to bare metal. Not a spec of rust. Doors are also stripped. No rust there either. The rear wheels showed up today. They look sweet. I will get some pictures up with the rear tires mounted in the next couple of days. Hope to have the car in paint by the end of January.

Well I need to post some pictures. The car is down to the bare shell. I sold all the trrim to a FABO member and have been getting it off and boxed up. I have been busy welding all the trim holes and stripping panels. selling off what I won't be using and buying stuff I need. The front wheels came in last week and haven't even had the time to open the boxes. getting ready to cut the rear for mini tub, Stay tuned I promiss to post pictures next week.

whats a mini tube?....and hows that budget going?

really ...just checkin up on you....looking forward to your pics/progress

So far the budget is still a go. Heres some things I'm doing to keep that budget. Saving money by not using headers pre fabbed or built by me. Using 273 exhaust manifolds and having them extrude honed. savings about 300 bucks. Building my own transmission. I have a friend that owns a transmission shop here in Indy.savings about 350-400. Using left over paint from the shop. I have a ton of overstock. the color I'm thinking now Arizona sun set. 875 a gallon. total with clear and activators. 2000. researching having the rear springs built to some specs I picked up from the team star fish site. 200. cutting and building my own rear end. savings 1000. sold the stuff I'm not using off the car brought in about 500. so I'm still in great shape.

-
Back