Probably the only one.

-

LM23P9B

Reaction score
Anybody else remember their cars birthday? Wife's car had a birthday on the 7th. Washed it, poopsied it a little. My old Dart (LM23P9B) had a birthday the 9th. Bought the Dart in '72, sold it in '92. Anyway, on the 9th I called the current owner and asked him to tell it happy birthday for me. He chuckled and said he sure would. He didn't remember it was its birthday. Well it gave us a chance to B.S. for about 45min. Am I a car nut or just a nut???

No, but I bought my car on my wife's birthday!!! Her first ride in the car was that night going out to dinner.

Bought my 69 fastback 15 years ago,the weekend I got back from my honeymoon.Now I have two old wenches,please don't say that to my car-hehe.I always remember the dates that I bought all of my cars.

What a coincidence ! Today Jan.17th is my red notchbacks birthday. I almost forgot too. LOL

According to Chrysler, my car was scheduled to be built on 5/31, and was shipped on 5/26, (more info below if interested).

Today is my birthday, and my 3 year old daughter's birthday too!

What are the chances of that? (yes, I know, 1 in 365, lol).

So, is 5/26 another excuse to by something for it?

My fender tag has the date at 5/31 (531 xxxxx).
The build card has 5 as the Scheduled Month and 31 as the Scheduled Day, which print in the Shipping Order No. field as: 531 xxxxx
- the same numbers as the fender tag has.

The build card has the Shipped Date as Month 05 and Date 26.
This prints in the Shipped Date field as 05/26.

The letter from Chrysler that came with the build card states: Shipped Date May 26, 1967.

It must be that the on-line fender tag decoders are not correct when they list the build date as 5/31, as it could not be built after it was shipped.

So, the build date must have been prior to 5/26.

My Dart will turn 36 on Monday Jan. 26th!!

SDC11431.jpg

SDC11430.jpg

how can i check this ? on my b-cast sheet ??? sorry im a newbie with these papers

On my Charger and Duster this is how it goes. It's located on the fender tag.

-Second line up from the bottom, then it's the second to last one on the right side of the fender tag. My Charger says "620" and my Duster says "923". I typed those into a Mopar fender tag decoder and it told me the year too.

Mine was born 4 years and two days after me exactly

It,s my car,s birthday,s everytime I sit in them.I,m just real glad I own them and feel real lucky just having them!

OCT 08 003.jpg

trim 053.jpg

The dates on the fender tags, shipping orders & fender tags are the Scheduled Production Date (SPD) It is the day they HOPED to build the car when the information first hit they system. Most cars were actually built within 3 weeks before or after the SPD.

You can narrow the actual date down a little with the date coded parts that are still original to your car. As one example, the engine assembly date on my T/A is 5 days after the car was scheduled to have been built.

My 66 Dart was born on Dec. 21, 1965. This year I had a cake made just for fun. I know, I'm a little crazy! toolmanmike

You're correct: Petty Blue frosting. Not on purpose but that's the way
it turmed out. toolmanmike

-
Back