Problems with FCA on a new truck warranty.

-
Just to clear up a few things, I bought my 08 300c in 09 used with 11k miles on it. I paid cash, I also paid cash for the lifetime warranty, about $3000, from a different dealership in a different state. The warranty has paid for itself a couple of times. AC, radiator, transmission, anti lock brakes, and a few other things. The dealership loves the warranty and everytime I bring the car in I have a list of thing for them to fix and they fix most of them, but they always find more things to fix than I am aware of, They know that they get paid for any repairs they find and do, until the car hits 100K miles, then approval get more difficult.

I have a lifetime warranty on my 08 300c, it has recently hit over 110k miles and every repair takes extra time to get approval. Now we are battling over excessive oil consumption. Anything over 1 quarts in 2000 has to be repaired. I took it in because it almost ran dry between oil changes. The dealership found several leaks and a bad oil pressure sensor code. FCA dragged their feet for a week before they denied any of that was an issue and they said there was no evidence of excessive oil consumption. So I got an oil change and said I would be back in 1000 miles. After 5 weeks and 800 miles the stuck sensor, failed and it was low a quart so I took it back. They fixed the sensor and replaced the pan and timing cover and valve cover gaskets and scratched my fender and broke my valve cover then had the nerve to ask me for another deductible, that was not happening I had already brought it in to fix this issue and paid a deductible. So they overfilled my engine with 0w20, I never run that thin, and I plan on going back after another 1000 miles to see how much oil is being used. Oh and my AC just broke, again. The dealership has been pretty good to me, except for the scratch. They paid the extra deductible, FCA would not budge and neither would I, so I think they just ate it. $100.

Maybe I am just lucky. John Hoffer Chrysler Jeep here in Topeka is really an awesome dealership. When we had a Mopar club here, we had several car shows on their lot and they gave us all decent discounts. I have a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee that was purchased during that time period when they were giving the lifetime driveline warrantees. A short while back, I had a loud squealing noise coming from somewhere under the car. I took it in to have it looked at. I called Jeff (service manager for over 20 years) later that day, and he said it was done. They put in a new drive shaft with no hassle. I have always received superb service and deals from them. I am my 4th Grand Cherokee from them, and I have always been very happy with the prices. It's good to have a dealership you like and trust.

Maybe I am just lucky. John Hoffer Chrysler Jeep here in Topeka is really an awesome dealership. When we had a Mopar club here, we had several car shows on their lot and they gave us all decent discounts. I have a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee that was purchased during that time period when they were giving the lifetime driveline warrantees. A short while back, I had a loud squealing noise coming from somewhere under the car. I took it in to have it looked at. I called Jeff (service manager for over 20 years) later that day, and he said it was done. They put in a new drive shaft with no hassle. I have always received superb service and deals from them. I am my 4th Grand Cherokee from them, and I have always been very happy with the prices. It's good to have a dealership you like and trust.

Same here , I drove a 2002 quadcab for 15 yrs., never had any trouble but the front wheel bearings >5 bolts per side after pulling the wheels.
Fastforward ,
2014 RAM , no problems at all , added some aftermarket led`s, closest dealer gave me the fuses for it ---------- did a recall too ---------

It's there, you don't need to log in. I don't even have a facebook account and was able to read all of the postings. Sounds like this James guy that is the service manger is a douchebag. Go somewhere else.

I should know Jeff smith, but I don't. I know Marshall Butler very well though and I am sure he knows him. Marshall Butler, as in The Butler Automotive Group in middle Georgia. I bet I could get him to call Jeff, but since you're already back home, I agree to find somewhere else.

Ok, I’m crossing off a new Durango from my list. Don’t have patience for company’s not standing behind their products.

I fought with Ram for a long time over the death wobble of a 2005 truck I bought new. About thirty ball joints and 6 steering linkage later. After 10 yrs and two accidents later which my air bag didn't work. I got a recall for death wobble for the steering recall.

I took it to 4 different dealers and they said my truck was not covered because I didn't buy the steering up grade. After arguing with several reps. I bought the steering upgrade t-bar steering linkage over $500 dollars. Then I asked the for the death wobble upgrade parts. they handed me three ny-lock nuts that didn't come with the kit.

Needless to say the truck went into the death wobble again . After a recent accident my insurance paid for a new steering box. It never steered this good and no shake at all. I drove this truck up until the last accident and could not go over 60 mph. Why didn't ram just replace the steering Box??

While all this was taking place with the steering . I also had my truck back for a recall for the defective Air- bag. 6 visits later and they were still on national back order.

I have been getting phone calls every week for several years . I call back and told them to get the air bag and come and tow my truck and install it. I am not wasting my Fuel and time any more. 3 days ago I called back and gave my name and said F--- You.

Now for the best info yet I didn't mention. This was going on with three Rams One single and two dual wheel diesel's. I sold the dump truck because when ever you filled the truck you could not go over 30 mph. I still have to buy the box for the other dual wheel.

I have been buying a new dodge for over 30 years. I will never buy another one.

My good friend owns a large fleet of service truck. He has had many different makes. He said after looking at service records . His late model Fords have less repair costs. Dodge/Ram are the worst they sit more than they are used. Chevy- GMC are just rust buckets. Doors , Hoods and fenders. His trucks are white as son as they show rust they replace the parts. But that takes the trucks out of service for a week each time. He just bought a New truck for his personal use he bought a new loaded Diesel Ford. Very nice truck

He said he will never buy a ram again. After two with DEF light issues that cannot be diagnosed. And all the drive line and electrical problems and poor service he said he is won't buy a Ram . This is from a guy that orders several service trucks every year

Ram sucks, If you can't do your own work your screwed.

Picture 161.jpg

Picture 162.jpg

I fought with Ram for a long time over the death wobble of a 2005 truck I bought new. About thirty ball joints and 6 steering linkage later. After 10 yrs and two accidents later which my air bag didn't work. I got a recall for death wobble for the steering recall.

I took it to 4 different dealers and they said my truck was not covered because I didn't buy the steering up grade. After arguing with several reps. I bought the steering upgrade t-bar steering linkage over $500 dollars. Then I asked the for the death wobble upgrade parts. they handed me three ny-lock nuts that didn't come with the kit.

Needless to say the truck went into the death wobble again . After a recent accident my insurance paid for a new steering box. It never steered this good and no shake at all. I drove this truck up until the last accident and could not go over 60 mph. Why didn't ram just replace the steering Box??

While all this was taking place with the steering . I also had my truck back for a recall for the defective Air- bag. 6 visits later and they were still on national back order.

I have been getting phone calls every week for several years . I call back and told them to get the air bag and come and tow my truck and install it. I am not wasting my Fuel and time any more. 3 days ago I called back and gave my name and said F--- You.

Now for the best info yet I didn't mention. This was going on with three Rams One single and two dual wheel diesel's. I sold the dump truck because when ever you filled the truck you could not go over 30 mph. I still have to buy the box for the other dual wheel.

I have been buying a new dodge for over 30 years. I will never buy another one.

My good friend owns a large fleet of service truck. He has had many different makes. He said after looking at service records . His late model Fords have less repair costs. Dodge/Ram are the worst they sit more than they are used. Chevy- GMC are just rust buckets. Doors , Hoods and fenders. His trucks are white as son as they show rust they replace the parts. But that takes the trucks out of service for a week each time. He just bought a New truck for his personal use he bought a new loaded Diesel Ford. Very nice truck

He said he will never buy a ram again. After two with DEF light issues that cannot be diagnosed. And all the drive line and electrical problems and poor service he said he is won't buy a Ram . This is from a guy that orders several service trucks every year

Ram sucks, If you can't do your own work your screwed.

View attachment 1715394187

View attachment 1715394188
But then I can show you a shop that is across the street from me, slam full of 6.0,6.4 and6.7's Fords. In my opinion, they are the worst diesels in light trucks. 6.7 is suppose to be Ford's savior. My buddy Jake has replace one as little as 17K miles.

There are good dealers and bad dealers. Just last week, on the way back from Ky. (two trucks pulling race cars) had a serp belt idler pulley bearing seize up and unscrew the mounting bolt from the accessary mount on a 2002 ram 1500 5.7 engine. Found "Short CDJR" ( Tim Short Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram in Middlesboro | Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM Dealership Near Corbin KY & Morristown TN ). The mounting bolt was listed as "not serviced" (did not know if metric/american, or length). They sent a tech out to the lot and pulled a bolt off a truck, there, to match it up. Did not charge anything.

But then I can show you a shop that is across the street from me, slam full of 6.0,6.4 and6.7's Fords. In my opinion, they are the worst diesels in light trucks. 6.7 is suppose to be Ford's savior. My buddy Jake has replace one as little as 17K miles.
I never owned a Ford. I never owned a Chevy, I just know the service from Dodge/Ram sucks. If you notice I still owned my two Rams. we do all the service are selves.

They are both six speeds. I had two automatics. My 02 went through three transmissions before 30k.. Heavy towing with it turned up and hard on the throttle in the hills of PA. My six speeds I destroyed the clutches as soon as I turned them up. I am talking within 10 minutes. I put "South Bend" dual disks in them with flywheels. Motor ,trans and rears are indestructible. One has 270k the other has 100K. Its the trucks in general are the problem. Keeping up with the little things such as suspension parts and electrical is the issues. Door handles, gate latches, wiper transmissions & motors , ABS, hood shocks, heater fans, Just the little things, I see many doing cummins P pump swaps on the Fords.

With Ram I just hate the service under warrantee , They suck. Its not the dealer its the rep. from Ram. They will lie so they don't have to cover anything.

This was my experience with buying new Rams. I will never buy another new Ram. Just my thought. We were sponsored buy a Dodge dealer. I know them personally. They are having nothing but problems with DEF light right now. Like I said it is not the dealers it is Ram.

We towed both at one time with our six speeds .

DSCN2757.JPG

New pics 196.jpg

Picture 324.jpg

They just don't make them like this anymore

View attachment 1715394190

These 93's may not have had a smooth ride unless you had weight on them but these trucks never left me sit, Ever!. I had never hooked up to or loaded anything it could not pull. The only thing I would worry about was the hitch breaking. LOL And I have had several of these "Dodges" Even our loaders have manual pump Cummins. Like I said its the service you get from Ram its self after you spend 60-80K on several new trucks. They lost one consistent buyer here.

Well I took my truck to Jim Browne Chrysler in Dade City Fl. What a pleasant turn of events. I talked to Gene Sladkin the Service MGR. He had a mechanic ride with but started our conversation with,"I have a good idea whats going on". When we returned the mechanic that went with stated I hear it, lets go back. He talked with Gene, then Gene told me he was going to order a new rear end for me and then went on to say I'm going to put you in a rental till we get it done at no cost to me! What a different atmosphere. To say I was surprised would be a understatement. The dealer I bought it from treated me like a dog and here this dealership treated me as royalty.
I let you know how it all turns out.

Well I took my truck to Jim Browne Chrysler in Dade City Fl. What a pleasant turn of events. I talked to Gene Sladkin the Service MGR. He had a mechanic ride with but started our conversation with,"I have a good idea whats going on". When we returned the mechanic that went with stated I hear it, lets go back. He talked with Gene, then Gene told me he was going to order a new rear end for me and then went on to say I'm going to put you in a rental till we get it done at no cost to me! What a different atmosphere. To say I was surprised would be a understatement. The dealer I bought it from treated me like a dog and here this dealership treated me as royalty.
I let you know how it all turns out.

I would surely call Jeff Smith back and tell him all about "THAT". That's great, Roy. Keep us posted.

Yeah make sure you rub that in Jeff Smith's face real good, and make sure people know about it on social media as well.

Glad you got the issue resolved!

Yep one dealer to the other is night and day. That's why I didnt buy locally.
I agree with letting the assclown dealership know BUT, wait until the warranty work is done. You never know what can happen behind the scenes. And you could still get screwed.
Nice to hear Roy!
I would surely call Jeff Smith back and tell him all about "THAT". That's great, Roy. Keep us posted.

Yeah make sure you rub that in Jeff Smith's face real good, and make sure people know about it on social media as well.

Glad you got the issue resolved!

-
Back