Project- Bills Buggy

-
Some places call them Barrell Nuts instead of Barrell Clips. Last time I needed some to put the 340 Four Barrell hood emblems on a Challenger, I got them at the auto paint supply place. Your car turned out nice! :prayer:

Some places call them Barrell Nuts instead of Barrell Clips. Last time I needed some to put the 340 Four Barrell hood emblems on a Challenger, I got them at the auto paint supply place. Your car turned out nice! :prayer:

Thanks..It is definitly looking prettier... there are a few unforseen snafu's that I am just gonna have to live with, but other than that shes good... and yea our local auto paint place has the barrel clips I need.. Its looking like im gonna have to go to Year One for the emblems though... $30 is a lot of those little suckers LOL .. but.. gotta do what I gotta do right? lol..

I just looked around a little bit and it seems like everyone wants around $30 for that emblem. Usually, everyone else is way cheaper than Year One for emblems. What I'd do is at least wait until YO has one of their 30% off sale (or at least 25%) which they do pretty regularly. No way in heck would I get in a rush and pay YO $30 (or anyone else) for that emblem.

Year one pretty much knows they got ya by the balls with these emblems, I don't know if anyone else is re-popping them. To me that's a lot of $ for those. And I'm not going to pay $30 for used ones lol. Maybe I will wait for one of those sales

But in the meantime, you may be able to find a used one cheaper. When I said everyone wants $30, I meant for the repops.

Lol I knew what you meant. I haven't had any replies for used ones

Bill looking great.
I know the feeling of sanding you fingers off, I blasted, primed and wet sanded, added a little bondo the the pits, primed, sanded, and re-primed a set of 15 x 7" steel wheels this weekend.
I sanded my fingernail clear off of my right hand middle finger until it was bleeding.
Went into the garage was going to do the final sand on the wheels today, my fingers hurt so bad I just grabbed a beer out of the fridge and went back to the house.
Some days are better than others.

Hey, isn't this it in this thread? There was three, and he says 'pentastar sold', so maybe that means 2 are still left?

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=181982

I sent a quick message on that thread.. thanks! ..

Bill looking great.
I know the feeling of sanding you fingers off, I blasted, primed and wet sanded, added a little bondo the the pits, primed, sanded, and re-primed a set of 15 x 7" steel wheels this weekend.
I sanded my fingernail clear off of my right hand middle finger until it was bleeding.
Went into the garage was going to do the final sand on the wheels today, my fingers hurt so bad I just grabbed a beer out of the fridge and went back to the house.
Some days are better than others.

Thank you for the compliment.. I have found somedays you need to just relax and have a beer... give yourself time to recharge the batteries a little (and recover your fingernails LOL)

Just a quick update... Im getting close to a spin around the block LOL .. got the fenders lined up and bolted in place for good, headlights, grille and bezels are in... got the rest of the trim, door handles, locks, emblems etc in... (except for one sail panel emblem... im gonna have to cave and buy new ones) all I need is to get the front bumper on, and get my tail stripe on (so I can put the rear markers in).. and the buggy will be done on the outside!!!! then I go for a ride... I have a ton of stuff to do inside yet, but that wont stop me from a quick spin LOL .. Im holding off on the pics til I get the last few things on the outside (or at least the front bumper) so I can pull it out in the sun and snap some pics... I am getting pretty excited... In other news, my daughter is getting ready to have her first child.. should be anytime now... I am gonna be a grand pap soon.. stay tuned folks..

SWEET I was waiting to post and this is a good time to post CONGRATS on almost being a Grand-pappy, and can't wait for the PICS and VIDEO of the first time around the block. WEE WHO go man go. :) 8^)

SWEET I was waiting to post and this is a good time to post CONGRATS on almost being a Grand-pappy, and can't wait for the PICS and VIDEO of the first time around the block. WEE WHO go man go. :) 8^)

I hadnt even thought about video LOL ... hmmmmm .. and thanks, it could still be a week til the baby comes, but the docs say it could be anytime between now and next Saturday... I cant wait to meet my grandson (yea they decided they wanted to know if it was a boy or girl LOL)

Your doing a fine job, 99% of the things you see, no one else will.

Your doing a fine job, 99% of the things you see, no one else will.

Thanks man... I appreciate that. Some of the things I see im sure some people will pick out, but I also believe your right that there's a lot of stuff most people will never catch. Either way im not worried. I'm pretty happy with the buggy and excited to get back to driving her. Or as I like to say, she might not be the most beautiful girl at the dance, but she will most certainly turn a few heads lmao!

I wouldn't have even worried about the finer details, I'd have been around the block as soon as the motor was running and all the major body parts were in place LOL... but, that's just me, impatient.

way to go Bill, early congrats on the grand baby too!....now you get to do the things all parents hate about grand parents ( I know i do lol )....spoil the crap out of the kids and feed them candy and send them home with mom and dad lol.

glad to see the buggy is coming along nice and I cant wait to see your progress pictures. and yes, some video of it would be awesome also. lets see some patches of rubber getting laid down HAHA.

keep at it pal.

great thread, it got me out of the house early this morning to work on my dart!

way to go Bill, early congrats on the grand baby too!....now you get to do the things all parents hate about grand parents ( I know i do lol )....spoil the crap out of the kids and feed them candy and send them home with mom and dad lol.

glad to see the buggy is coming along nice and I cant wait to see your progress pictures. and yes, some video of it would be awesome also. lets see some patches of rubber getting laid down HAHA.

keep at it pal.

My one friend Bob, loves doing burnouts in the buggy LOL .. so maybe I'll video him laying a patch or two, since everytime I try to get them to do videos they never come out too well LMAO ...But seriously though, I will try to get what I can.. and pics will be coming. I cant wait to take that spin around the block.. (cant do much more, the front end was all torn apart, so the buggy is gonna need lined up for sure. )

And trust me, I am looking VERY forward to spoiling my grandson whenever possible LOL that ought to irk my daughter big time LOL .. All in all things are pretty good with me at the moment..

great thread, it got me out of the house early this morning to work on my dart!

Thank you, glad you are enjoying the buggy thread, and glad it could be inspirational.. Got a thread going for your build? Link to it? ...

I wouldn't have even worried about the finer details, I'd have been around the block as soon as the motor was running and all the major body parts were in place LOL... but, that's just me, impatient.

LOL.. I am usually the same way.. but I am in that stretch where I just want to get as much of the car done as I can before I give in to playing around a bit. LOL ...

Ok.. I couldnt resist... I said no more pics til it was outside.. but I made this pic my wallpaper on my computer at work.. it looks so awesome compared to whats on page 1 of this thread... what I started with almost 9 years ago.. Staring at this pic all day today just has me so excited to hit the garage this weekend and work... I havent been this excited to work on the buggy in MONTHS lol... The front bumper isnt on yet, nor the stripe.. but tell me what you think gang... and I promise, no more car **** til shes out in the sun... enjoy..

Attachments

• paint29.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 533
I think it's an awesome car. Should be very happy to have that in your garage, and very proud too, since you and your friends did the work yourselves.

I think it's an awesome car. Should be very happy to have that in your garage, and very proud too, since you and your friends did the work yourselves.

Thanks very much! I really appreciate that. I am pretty proud of how it's turning out

-
Back