Project- Bills Buggy

-
Bummer on the top Bill. Hope you get it all fixed up.

I just the other day got back to work on the duster. Havent really got a whole lots done yet but it feels good to be back at it.

Im in the process of restoring the grill right now. Oh and dealing with the headaches of running around and trying to get the dang thing insured so I can get ready to start driving it. Best quote I got was through grundy....but they sure dont make it easy setting insurance up (email this,mail this,print this,copy this) lol. anyways...glad to see your getting to enjoy the dart!

Bummer on the top Bill. Hope you get it all fixed up.

I just the other day got back to work on the duster. Havent really got a whole lots done yet but it feels good to be back at it.

Im in the process of restoring the grill right now. Oh and dealing with the headaches of running around and trying to get the dang thing insured so I can get ready to start driving it. Best quote I got was through grundy....but they sure dont make it easy setting insurance up (email this,mail this,print this,copy this) lol. anyways...glad to see your getting to enjoy the dart!

Glad to hear your back at it my friend.. Cant wait to see some video of you driving it this year. (and lots of car **** pics as well LOL) .. Yea, the top got me down a little.. Like I said, I am just trying to figure out what my next course of action is, and whether I plan to address it now or wait til I lay the car up after the season.. decisions decisions LOL .. keep in touch dude..

Take it out and drive the wheels off of it for the summer and deal with the roof in the fall. If your luck is like mine it will take more time than planned and you will miss a lot of good driving weather!

Take it out and drive the wheels off of it for the summer and deal with the roof in the fall. If your luck is like mine it will take more time than planned and you will miss a lot of good driving weather!

That is sort of the way I am leaning.. I will make my final decision when I talk to the guy who installed it.. and trust me, with the way my luck is, it will definitly take away more driving time than I want to give up LMAO ... The other thing is if I wait til winter, it will give me time to deal with some other issues, namely still needing to replace the front windshield, and I think im gonna have the back glass pulled and resealed, and reinstalled.. think i will let professionals do that this time.. so while all thats apart, I will most likely have to deal with the top...

I know they say 'they're never done' but the buggy could start easing up on me anytime now LMAO

Despite little setbacks and whatnot, I have had the Dart out more times already at this point in the season, then I have ever had it out before.. Loving the way the new springs feel.. Today the weather was beautiful.. 78 degrees.. nice cool breeze, sunny.. Decided it was a 'take the muscle car to work' day.. it got lots of looks, and visitors at work checking it out.. it was just great seeing her bask in the sun... really wish I would've had my regular camera.. but, the early morning light, with the really pretty colored trees was too good to pass up.. so.. I had to go with an iphone pic.. Enjoy..

Hope everyone else is starting to get their cars out, and enjoying the start of another cruising season...

This weeks projects, to get my antenna installed finally (and stop looking at that hole in the top of the fender) and get my glove box liner in.. stay tuned..

Attachments

• dartwp.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 229
The colors really play off of one another. Cool looking pic!.

Yeah the weather has been pretty nice here lately too. Lucky you on getting to enjoy the dart, I hope to be able to start enjoying my duster soon.

Any other plans for the dart in the near future other than what you just mentioned?. Or are you just planning to drive it and start in on upgrades next winter?

The colors really play off of one another. Cool looking pic!.

Yeah the weather has been pretty nice here lately too. Lucky you on getting to enjoy the dart, I hope to be able to start enjoying my duster soon.

Any other plans for the dart in the near future other than what you just mentioned?. Or are you just planning to drive it and start in on upgrades next winter?

Thanks! I agree, the colors just made it impossible to NOT take a picture LOL.. I cant wait til your out and about in the Duster taking all sorts of pics...

Well.. the antenna and glove box liner are the cheap projects that I can afford to get to at the moment... the bucket seat and quarter stick projects are still planned for this season (and hopefully shouldnt keep the Dart sidelined for more than a couple days.)

I was hoping to replace the front windshield (cracked) and pull the back glass and have it resealed.. but I just dont think thats in my budget at the moment.. finances arent what I had hoped, and my wife messed her knee up pretty bad the other day and is off work indefinitley.. so that changes buggy plans..

On top of all that, I will most likely have the rear end torn down before we go to the Mopar Nats in August.. its making some noise (a droning howl when the foots on the gas... especially around the 45mph mark.. but the noise stops altogether when you lift off the gas.. so its on the acceleration side of the gears and not the coast side.. pretty sure I have a backlash issue) .. at any rate, I will have that all checked out...

The big ticket project is the new worked over 360 that I purchased over this past winter.. that project starts in October LOL ..

Awesome, not sure how far away from lower mi you are exactly but depending on the deal you can find on a windshield, I know a guy that might make it worth your while to make the drive this way. When I had my windshield put in.... The guy that did it charged me $125.00 for a new windshield, delivered to my house and had it installed in about 20 minutes .

So if you can't find a good deal on one.... Let me know and I'll give you his info and maybe you could drive this way, he could pop the old out and put the new in for cheap and maybe we could meet up for a lunch or something.

Awesome, not sure how far away from lower mi you are exactly but depending on the deal you can find on a windshield, I know a guy that might make it worth your while to make the drive this way. When I had my windshield put in.... The guy that did it charged me $125.00 for a new windshield, delivered to my house and had it installed in about 20 minutes .

So if you can't find a good deal on one.... Let me know and I'll give you his info and maybe you could drive this way, he could pop the old out and put the new in for cheap and maybe we could meet up for a lunch or something.

Thanks for the info.. but that would be one heck of a haul for a windshield.. lol. I got basically the same price qouted from the glass guy that my mechanic uses.. $125 (never asked what he wanted for the installation itself) .. Its on the never ending list of stuff to do to the Dart before I kick.. LOL ..

Now hopefully the day comes when I make that trek, not for a windshield but rather to hang out, share a couple cold ones, and talk Mopars with ya.. :thumleft:

Well I figured it was worth the mention lol.

Hope to see in the near future some thread post about the awards you earn at
Car shows with the buggy my friend!

Well I figured it was worth the mention lol.

Hope to see in the near future some thread post about the awards you earn at
Car shows with the buggy my friend!

Truthfully, the Duster would win awards before the buggy.. The pictures hide a lot LOL .. So I will look forward to seeing the awards you get.. lol.. really though, I never thought of any of that when I was building the Dart.. Never really had any interest in it.. As long as I like it, my wife likes it, and it gets props from my friends, thats all the awards I need..

Hey....coming from a guy taht has done all the work that I have and still can pick out flaws even when the people around me can do nothing but talk about how nice it looks. I can understand how you can be so modest about it.

I get that you didnt specifically build it for that reason. But from what I can see (and im sure even in person). thats a damn fine car you have built and you should be proud of it. I dont see why it wouldnt place in a show....and if it did, that would be icing on the cake for ya!.

eitherway. the buggy is sharp and you did a heck of a job on it buddy!

Hey....coming from a guy taht has done all the work that I have and still can pick out flaws even when the people around me can do nothing but talk about how nice it looks. I can understand how you can be so modest about it.

I get that you didnt specifically build it for that reason. But from what I can see (and im sure even in person). thats a damn fine car you have built and you should be proud of it. I dont see why it wouldnt place in a show....and if it did, that would be icing on the cake for ya!.

eitherway. the buggy is sharp and you did a heck of a job on it buddy!

Thanks dude... I totally appreciate that.. and trust me, I am proud of the buggy.. If you would've told me 10 years ago, when I had absolutely no car knowledge that I would have my hands in restoring a classic car.. I woulda told you that you were insane LOL .. The buggy and I have been together now for 9 years.. I was telling my wife last night, her and that car are the longest and most meaningful relationships I have ever had LOL .

Who knows if I will ever enter the buggy in a show to be judged.. truthfully I probably wont. Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against that sort of thing, its just not what im interested in.. I like going to shows, to hang with my friends, and look at the cars.. see what other people have.. get ideas for changes I want to make... (look at the pretty women LOL)..

I cant wait to see pics of the Duster at the shows this year..

-
Back