Project- Bills Buggy

-
SWEAT glad to here Bill, I'm glad things are looking a little better. AND OVER JOYED YOU GET TO KEEP THE BUGGY AND IT"S NEW HEART!!!

Can ya tell I'm excited for ya. :):):)

SWEAT glad to here Bill, I'm glad things are looking a little better. AND OVER JOYED YOU GET TO KEEP THE BUGGY AND IT"S NEW HEART!!!

Can ya tell I'm excited for ya. :):):)

I can tell LOL ... Thank ya sir...

So... Finally managed to bring home the eventual new heartbeat of the buggy last week.

.30 over, Crowler cam, Rhoads lifters (Im sure I am spelling all that wrong) couldnt remember the exact cam numbers.. torker intake, J heads.. Should be a spunky bastard... 727 was redone, with a reverse pattern manual shift valve body, 3,000 stall speed converter..

Im gonna tear her down somewhat over the next few months, re-gasket it, have things gone over, clean her up, paint it a nice shade of Hemi orange, drop her in a have some fun... My goal is to have all that done and do the motor swap this winter.. when she comes out next season, she should have a little lump and be a bit spunkier.. LOL .. I cant wait.. just figured I'd share the news..

very nice ....nothing wrong ever with bolting up a bit more torque.....over here in my shop im doing the same exact thing ....eventually lol.

like you i have this in mind for a winter project ....i scored a junkyard dog 440 last week so you know where this is going :D:D

Attachments

• CIMG2639.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 365
very nice ....nothing wrong ever with bolting up a bit more torque.....over here in my shop im doing the same exact thing ....eventually lol.

like you i have this in mind for a winter project ....i scored a junkyard dog 440 last week so you know where this is going :D:D

Sweet!!! Nice score Rani.

Hows the buggy treating ya Bill?... Any updates on the engine? Do anything new to the buggy?. Or have ya just been driving the wheels off it?. I hope to to be able to finally enjoy mine soon. Lucky you I am sure you have already got a TON of cruising in on the ole buggy LOL

Hows the buggy treating ya Bill?... Any updates on the engine? Do anything new to the buggy?. Or have ya just been driving the wheels off it?. I hope to to be able to finally enjoy mine soon. Lucky you I am sure you have already got a TON of cruising in on the ole buggy LOL

lol.. Havent done a thing to the buggy or the new motor yet.. Just havent had the finances.. So in the meantime I have been driving the wheels off it every chance I get. Ive put a couple hundred miles on it so far this season.. Hopefully in late August I will get started on the motor project... I will keep everyone updated just as soon as I get back on the project end of it.. :D

So no real update.. but.. got the car out tonight and my friend and I decided to take some miles off the back tires of our rides.. LOL .. always makes for a nice pic...

Attachments

• burnout.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 346
YEAH BUDDY!.

no one wheeler peelers on that street!.

You left your mark.....if there are people like me out there....they will be searching for hotrods in the area now lol. I always find that when I drive down a road and see black marks I look at the houses and garages to see if I can "spot that hotrod" lol.

YEAH BUDDY!.

no one wheeler peelers on that street!.

You left your mark.....if there are people like me out there....they will be searching for hotrods in the area now lol. I always find that when I drive down a road and see black marks I look at the houses and garages to see if I can "spot that hotrod" lol.

Everyone in that area knows who made those marks. Lol. We haven't been called out yet. Lmao.. We're just lucky the neighbors around the garage are used to us and don't get bent out of shape when we cut loose like this lol. But I hear what your saying, when I see the black marks I tend to start looking around for the culprit lmao

Not really an update, since I havent really had the funds to do anythig to the buggy recently. Basically just wanted to keep those following the buggy thread in the loop on her current status..

So far I am still planning to put her down again in October and prep her for the engine swap., also still planning to get around to the bucket seat project, and some other issues that need addressed. Hopefully I get that all done this winter (that way there'll be something meaningful to report LOL) ... In the meantime I thought I would have the buggy pose with some of her artwork (and the artwork of a Barracuda and Cordoba)

:burnout:

Attachments

• photo (29).jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 276
Just stopping in to keep the buggy thread alive.. Starting to get chilly here at night, just a reminder that the season is rapidly drawing to a close... Financial issues and other 'real life' problems may force the buggy engine swap onto the back burner for a while (tho we will see.. I havent ruled anything out completely yet) I do plan to take the motor down to my good friends shop, to break it down, take a look inside.. make sure everything looks good, do the whole re-gasket thing.. If it needs any machine work, it will get sent out (finances depending)...

In the meantime, Mr B. (bob) and i have been joking around with each other for years now, about taking our a-bodies to the track for a friendly little grudge race.. his 68 Barracuda vs my Dart... This friday the 27th is the date.. lol.. However it has grown into an event.. LOL lots of our other gear head buddies are going to be doing friendly grudge races of their own.. families are tagging along.. it ought to be a fun night.. We all enjoy cruising together, going to shows, I think it will be a blast to have a night to pound on the cars in a safe and controlled environment (relatively LOL) .. So anyone local that wants to stop down at Pittsburgh Raceway Park this Friday and watch (or participate) in the fun, the more the merrier.. LOL

So... I have decided also to scrap the bucket seat plan.. The quarter stick is going in this week, and I am keeping the bench.. The bucket seat idea was originally for my wife so she would be more comfortable driving the buggy... To date, she has still never driven it.. and she probably wont.. lol.. she is content to ride and cruise from the passenger side.. Plus she likes the bench... So.. its gonna be 'lean slightly forward, and monkey grip the shifter' for me.. but one of my buddies told me once, 'thats hot rodding' LOL .. So there will be something new happening to the buggy this week..

Wish me luck gang..

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:blob::D:blob::D:cheers::notworth::happy3::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::finga::finga::glasses7::prayer::prayer::prayer::happy1:

Dropped the Dart off to get the quarter stick installed. I'm getting excited lol

Sounds like a fun time at (Keystone) tomorrow night! I was thinking about heading out, but gotta see how I feel after work....
I hope you take some pics.

I will try to Harry (or actually I will get my wife to) .. but now that its getting dark earlier who knows how they'll turn out... if your feeling up to it after work, stop down

So... Yesterday was an eventful day.. A week after the dueling A-body race between myself and mr. b, I started yesterday off early in the morning pulling the buggy out of the garage and backing it in alongside mr. b's garage and parking it (operative phrase being 'backed it in') .. this way would get my 'new' 360 that I picked up a few months back loaded up to take to my buddy Ed's shop so we could tear into it.. see how it looked inside, what all mods we could see.. (Since the guy I got it off of couldnt remembr all the details of what he had done to it years ago).

So we got it partially torn down, as I said just for initial inspection.. Its a very early 360.. 71 was the first year for them to my knowledge, the casting date on the block is 6-2-70 .. It has J-heads.. it was nice and clean inside (a very minor amount of rust in a couple cylinders from it sitting all this time that will need cleaned up).. its 30 over, newer lifters, the cam has a 417 lift.. So that was sort of a bummer..(but Ed already has cam plans in mind LOL). had a Edlebrock torker 340 intake (which I am not going to use in case anyones looking for one of those).. all in things looked good, and I am excited that we will be building this over the winter.. New motor goes in this spring..

I leave Ed's, go back to mr, b's to fetch the Dart.. Was going to take it home and give her a bath as we had some car show plans for the evening, however the weather started to look ugly so I decided to put the car away.. in the meantime a bunch of leaves and stuff had fallen on it, so I figured a nice (and quick) spirited ride around town was in order to blow all the crap off before I parked her... The ride was all of 5 minutes.. and fun... pulled around to the garage where I keep her, got out, opened the garage door.. get back in, put the buggy in reverse... nothing... no reverse.. its as if it isnt even there.. Goes into drive, goes into nuetral and park.. but reverse... nothing... Bob (mr b) told me thats common in the 727's... they get up there mileage wise (this one has close to 100,000 miles on it) and the reverse band breaks.. no warnings..

So... we pushed it into the garage.. Despite the fact that I can still drive it (forward anyways) I am thinking being that its October already, that the season just ended for the Dart.. I have another tranny, which I got with the new 360, but I want to send it out to be gone through, and I dont see the point in yanking my current tranny out to be fixed, when the motor is coming out in the spring anyways.. No sense pulling things twice..

Im not bummed or anything, this has been a great season with the buggy, and I have had loads of fun... Im just thankful it broke where it did LOL .. Now the next chapter in project Bills Buggy begins.. next season, it will be the new 360 (details on that to come), 727, full manual shift (forward pattern) with a a stall speed converter somewhere in the 3000-3200 range, and since the rear end needs looked into I am going from 3.55's to 3.91's... She ought to be pretty spunky next year.. LOL Stay tuned gang..

Heres a quick shot of the motor once we started tearing into it...

Attachments

• 993419_10202220618707349_165433924_n.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 181
WOW nice looking good Bill....what will you be doing with the motor you pull out? and is it a 340? just wondering.

WOW nice looking good Bill....what will you be doing with the motor you pull out? and is it a 340? just wondering.

The motor coming out is a 360 also.. it'll get covered up and stored... it'll either be a backup motor (since several of us in the group run small blocks) or it will be the foundation for a 408 build sometime in the future..

-
Back