Project- Bills Buggy

-
Bill, I just read thru the 1st 5 pages and skipped to the present. Great build! Love the enthusiasm and your accomplishments. Im looking fwd to reading thru the rest of your great build.

Bill, I just read thru the 1st 5 pages and skipped to the present. Great build! Love the enthusiasm and your accomplishments. Im looking fwd to reading thru the rest of your great build.

Thanks for checking out my thread and thank you for the kind words.. they're much appreciated

No real update this week... The rear end housing is still out for repair, and my family is currently experiencing a bit of financial trouble so the buggy may have to get put on hold (at least that's how it's looking).

Since money is tight, I am continuing to work on things that don't take any fund-age lol... So got busy today pulling out the ailing tranny. Hopefully next weekend I can get the other tranny I have back in the car (It will depend on whether I can scrape together enough for seals, filter, gasket, fluid etc) all in all, progress is slow but steady... Today was a beautiful 75 degree day with tons of sunshine... I was missing being able to drive it today...

Attachments

• dart3333.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 336
  • dart444.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 326
Bill I hear ya about the lack of funds, I cant wait to get home and at least get puttering on my project. Keep up the great work!

Bill I hear ya about the lack of funds, I cant wait to get home and at least get puttering on my project. Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the compliment.. Where are you that your not able to work on yours?

Oh..well that would explain it. How long do you have to be there? (And what is it you do? If you don't mind me asking)

Long story short Bill. I went to college(2nd time round) for Environmental work. I wanted to get into Water Treatment. After 1 1/2 years and no luck in Ontario, I had to come out here and leave wife house etc behind to get some experience. I've been here a year now, Certified Level 1 in Water Treatment and Water Distribution, so hopefully that opens up doors. I have a Skype interview on Tuesday with a large city in Ontario. Fingers crossed.

I love my job and I know it was the right choice, just sucks I had to leave Lori and everything behind for the time being. Thanks for asking.

Long story short Bill. I went to college(2nd time round) for Environmental work. I wanted to get into Water Treatment. After 1 1/2 years and no luck in Ontario, I had to come out here and leave wife house etc behind to get some experience. I've been here a year now, Certified Level 1 in Water Treatment and Water Distribution, so hopefully that opens up doors. I have a Skype interview on Tuesday with a large city in Ontario. Fingers crossed.

I love my job and I know it was the right choice, just sucks I had to leave Lori and everything behind for the time being. Thanks for asking.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you on your interview my friend...

So started investigating my tranny, (I need the cheetah valve body out of it to put in my other tranny) pulled the pan down and found these goodies. The concensus at the garage is that I took out the sprag, as these look to be roller bearing girdles. So, although it looks as though the filter did it's job, I'm gonna send the valve body out and have it cleaned and checked to make sure no contaminants got in....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 307
if anyone else can help identify the mystery pieces laying in the pan, feel free to chime in

So... The valve body went off to my one buddy's shop to be torn apart and cleaned.. Make sure all debris and metal shavings are out of it before I put it in the other tranny.. He also rebuilds trannys, and recongnized the pieces laying in the pan.. It wasnt sprag like we were originally thinking. He said the pieces came from the bearing in the tail shaft. That bearing prevents the output shaft from moving in and out. Which was what was happening... the shaft would move, causing me to lose pressure, which is why I would have reverse sometimes, but not others, and why it kept kicking itself out of high gear and back to 2nd (unless Id put my foot back on the gas, and then sometimes I would get high gear back.... same thing with reverse sometimes when I didnt have it, if I revved the engine good, it would out of nowhere bang into reverse.) ... So... at least the mystery of what went wrong with my tranny is solved... now I have to get the new one ready to go in... Hopefully that will be next week..

well Bill you are no longer a greenhorn you finally broke drive train parts I will see you later my friend. Bob

well Bill you are no longer a greenhorn you finally broke drive train parts I will see you later my friend. Bob

LOL... I am happy to have finally graduated from greenhorn status! I'll see ya Friday dude..

New tranny is all buttoned up and ready to go in..(we'll be doing that Monday) got my cheetah valve body back from being gone through and cleaned. New seals, filter, gasket...can't wait to start putting the buggy back together

Attachments

• image.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 234
Little update... New tranny is in... Thank God lol... No real fight getting it in.. A huge thank you to my buddy mr b. for all his help... Next up (while still waiting on the rear end housing to be done) is front wheel bearings and changing out the bad master cylinder... Getting closer to driving her again

hi Bill you are welcome you know any time we take care of each other have a great day my friend Bob

hi Bill you are welcome you know any time we take care of each other have a great day my friend Bob

having great friends is something that I never ever take for granted... We do all take care of each other... and its much appreciated.... Soon we're gonna be tearing up the streets again as a group... I cant wait :burnout:

Wheel nearing done tonight... Bad master cylinder is out, and will be replaced Wednesday... Just waiting on the rear end housing... Progress is slow but steady

-
Back