Project- Bills Buggy

-
Hey Bill, long time no see. Leave the cover off for the look you like. Just keep the gum wrappers out of the shifting mechanism! I had the same reverse problem you have now. I had no adjustment left in the reverse band and had to get the trans rebuilt. Hopefully yours just needs adjusted. Hope to see you out and about sometime soon.

The guy thats gonna work on my tranny next week, seems to think that either the reverse band is just way out of adjustment, or the servo (piston) that engages the band is cracked.. so the Dart goes to him next thursday and he gets to deal with it... It was great hearing from ya.. Hope to see you out and cruising as well..

So I promised a couple pics to show the look I currently have with my uncovered quarter stick.. I didnt put the cover on for comparison pics only because the cover is at the garage the Dart usually resides in.. currently the buggy is still in mr b's garage.. I just think the exposed look is cool, and fits the overall theme of the buggy..

Attachments

• fgr.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 448
  • ccd.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 440
Nice, I can't make my mind up....I do like it the way it is...My mind just tells me it's not finished :) ....looks great either way!!!

Nice, I can't make my mind up....I do like it the way it is...My mind just tells me it's not finished :) ....looks great either way!!!

I had that thought as well.. but theres just something appealing to me about the exposed mechanics of it I suppose LOL ..

Rather than having to go back to the first page, sometimes it's fun to just see then and now together... It still amazes me how the buggy looked that first day, and how far I've come with it, and all that I have accomplished (with a massive amount of help from awesome friends). Hard to believe sometimes that it's even the same car

Attachments

• image.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 403
Thursday the buggy goes to the tranny shop... My friend who owns the shop has a pretty good idea what's going on with my reverse issue... With a little luck I should have her back on Friday.. Fingers crossed

Hey gang... So, I took a little time off the car for one of lifes true miracles... I became a pap again yesterday (for the 2nd time).. My daughter Nicole and her husband Tom welcomed their second child into the world, at 10:14 yesterday morning. Marley was 7pds, 6oz, 20.5 inches long.. he already has a nice head of hair going LOL .. He is just perfect. When I became a pap the first time I thought there was no better feeling.. Having grandson number 2 made that feeling even better.. Just wanted to share my news with my fabo family... I'll be back on the Dart sometime this weekend...

View attachment yy.jpg

View attachment photo (52)t.jpg

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

WAY TO GO BILL

Well.... The buggy's season came to an end yesterday... I'm getting noises from the rear end I can't explain, and the tranny I put in to replace the one I broke last year, failed yesterday... I am out of money to throw at the Dart this season... I have things at home that require $ that I have been putting off... This is a sad time for the buggy.. I was really looking forward to cruising this season... To say I'm bummed is an understatement... But, like the sports teams say, 'there's always next season'...

Only been a couple weeks.. Really missing cruising with the gang... We have already begun the planning for the buggy's winter projects to get her back on the road for next season...

Congrats on the grandson! Bummer about the Dart, Can your friend at the tranny shop hook you up? Was it the same problem?

Congrats on the grandson! Bummer about the Dart, Can your friend at the tranny shop hook you up? Was it the same problem?

We're not entirely sure what went wrong with this tranny.. I should've had it completely torn down, gone through and rebuilt.. But money was tight, and I wanted to cruise.. So I got impatient and put it in... I knew right from the get-go when reverse had an issue that I had made a mistake.. I just hoped it would get me through the season, but that didnt happen. As for my buddy hooking me up, he would probably cut me a good deal to have it rebuilt, but im just out of Dart money for the time being...

Thanks for the congrats, being a grand-pap for a second time is a thrill I cant even describe...

Hey congrats Pap!!! Awesome!
Well that explains why I haven't seen you at the cruise this year. I am sorry to hear about the buggy. I truly mean that.
I was there three times. I haven't see Harry, Bruce, Cisco...No one! I thought everyone found a different cruise...

Hey congrats Pap!!! Awesome!
Well that explains why I haven't seen you at the cruise this year. I am sorry to hear about the buggy. I truly mean that.
I was there three times. I haven't see Harry, Bruce, Cisco...No one! I thought everyone found a different cruise...

Hey dude... Great to hear from you... Yeah this season has been a bad one... The buggy is down.. Bruce has been having a lot done to the Cordoba, its all set and ready to go the Nats next week.. Cisco is bringing the GTX, and Bob will either bring his 63 Fury, or the Cuda... So none of us has really been to any shows this year.. Just a couple right at the beginning of the season and thats about it... I cant wait to see your new Mopar.. We have to get together soon...

Hey dude... Great to hear from you... Yeah this season has been a bad one... The buggy is down.. Bruce has been having a lot done to the Cordoba, its all set and ready to go the Nats next week.. Cisco is bringing the GTX, and Bob will either bring his 63 Fury, or the Cuda... So none of us has really been to any shows this year.. Just a couple right at the beginning of the season and thats about it... I cant wait to see your new Mopar.. We have to get together soon...

Yes we do need to hook up! I wondered where everybody was. Sounds like everyone is hard at work on their rides. I am starting over...#-o
Sent you a PM.

So... Despite the tranny being messed up, the car still moves.. So every couple weeks I start her up, and put it out in the alley just to let in run and warm up, keep the battery charged etc... Well last night we decided to have a little fun.. After all 1st and reverse are still working LMAO ... Enjoy...

http://youtu.be/-7sF-dVG6js?list=UUu7zHfHssAe5c4wvRM5K-pw

You keep going like that and the buggy will need tires to!!! Sorry to hear about your car troubles, but remember this- it CAN be fixed .

You keep going like that and the buggy will need tires to!!! Sorry to hear about your car troubles, but remember this- it CAN be fixed .

Lol.. Oh she'll need tires for sure. But burnouts are SOOO much fun

Hey gang... So, I took a little time off the car for one of lifes true miracles... I became a pap again yesterday (for the 2nd time).. My daughter Nicole and her husband Tom welcomed their second child into the world, at 10:14 yesterday morning. Marley was 7pds, 6oz, 20.5 inches long.. he already has a nice head of hair going LOL .. He is just perfect. When I became a pap the first time I thought there was no better feeling.. Having grandson number 2 made that feeling even better.. Just wanted to share my news with my fabo family... I'll be back on the Dart sometime this weekend...

Sorry I'm late to this thread but he is a cutie, congrats Bill :glasses7:

Cool artistic shot from the buggy's burnout the other night

Attachments

• image.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 216
-
Back