Project- Bills Buggy

-
Dont think I have ever been anyones wallpaper before (besides my own)

Got another wallpaper spot here :D I needed a new wall paper for my laptop because I am sick of looking at windows bamboo sticks....so I couldn't think of a better wall paper than an awesome dart.:farao:

Got another wallpaper spot here :D I needed a new wall paper for my laptop because I am sick of looking at windows bamboo sticks....so I couldn't think of a better wall paper than an awesome dart.:farao:

I am beyond touched... Thanks Rani... Now I am two peoples wallpaper... I am beginning to feel somewhat popular and important LOL

Hi Bill - I'm another 69 Dart owner here, love this thread. I need to go back and read all of it but wanted to ask this first, what size tire and wheel combos are you using? Have you done any "moving stuff around" out back? I'm make a list for my car and I like to see what others are using and what works out well for them. I'll most likely go for the Rallye wheels like you did - I think they look nice.

Great job with the car and congrats on the baby - best wishes,

George

Hi Bill - I'm another 69 Dart owner here, love this thread. I need to go back and read all of it but wanted to ask this first, what size tire and wheel combos are you using? Have you done any "moving stuff around" out back? I'm make a list for my car and I like to see what others are using and what works out well for them. I'll most likely go for the Rallye wheels like you did - I think they look nice.

Great job with the car and congrats on the baby - best wishes,

George

Thanks George... Let me know what you think after you get done going through the whole thread. As for my wheel combos.. I wanna say im running 195, 75, 14's in the front (I think its been so long since I put them on) and 235, 60, 14's out back.. I eventually want to change all that.. Not sure what I will eventually put out from, but I want to go with 255, 60, 15's out back... Just have to get the bigger rallyes

small update... the tranny is back out and off to the tranny shop.. Stay tuned folks.. Trying to get the car back together for our groups yearly night at the track together.. (a tradition we started last year... One night to all get together on a test and tune night, and beat on our Mopar's a little, see what they'll do.. all in good fun.). Darts best pass last year was a 15.19... My goal is a high 14 second pass (i know to some that doesnt seem like much, but to me its a big deal) ...

Hopefully it all comes together, and me and the buggy get one last hurrah in what has been the worst season for the buggy since I've owned it (not counting the 2 years it was down completely while we did the body work and paint)

Transmission comes back from the tranny shop on Friday...with any luck the buggy will be back on the road Saturday.

Got the tranny back a week late... Just got it back in the car tonight... Couple loose ends to tie up tomorrow and I guve her a shakedown run.

Just got done going thru your whole tread here Bill. Great work on your Dart and I love that shade of blue. And congrats on those two grand-sons. Take care and enjoy the heck outta that Dart. Jim

Attachments

• 1795683_10154525727710437_6617073181246243073_n.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 335
Just got done going thru your whole tread here Bill. Great work on your Dart and I love that shade of blue. And congrats on those two grand-sons. Take care and enjoy the heck outta that Dart. Jim

I appreciate you taking the time to check out the buggy thread.. Thank you very much for the kind words... also for the congrats.. I love being a pap... As for the Dart, I will most certainly enjoy the heck out of it LOL

The buggy is alive once again... Got all the loose ends tied up tonight and the Dart is running great.... Spunky as hell, the new rebuilt tranny shifts like a dream.. It felt SO good to be back behind the wheel of my baby again...

YEAH!!!!!!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob:

Let me just add....VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO!!!!!! and MORE VIDEO....well Pics TOO!!!!!

Took the buggy on one last drive of the season last week... (Though I can't totally rule out getting it out again, weather could turn nice again lol). Snapped the perfect pic. Thought I'd share

Attachments

• image.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 252
Hey gang... Long time since I visited this thread.. Got the buggy out this week, now that winter appears to be over... Just had a little fun stretching her legs... Have a couple projects in store this summer.. Getting the rear end redone, since my pinion bearing went bad last season... Also building another 360 for the car... I got my hands on a 71 360 which will be replacing the tired mid 80's motor home 360 that's in the car now, specs coming soon...

Fun stuff... In the meantime, I have another opinion/vote question... I realize ultimately it's my decision, but... I have always heard grumbling about my quarter window stickers...most people seem to dislike them and feel they take away from the cars appearance... Me, I always thought they were kinda 'hot rod-ish' and cool... But lately I've been second guessing them... So... What do you all think? Keep them, or get rid of them for a cleaner look?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 214
Don't mind them, kind of a 60s vibe. Roll the windows down the change the look.

I was thinking bout the same thing. And my thought is----------I left them off. I wanted people to know what kind of parts or where I got them. Like most sponsors, but stickers is the only thing I got free!!!. Also to ME it does have that "cluttered" look.

Lookin good Bill. Roll em down for a change. Tell the nay sayers to FO

-
Back