Project- Bills Buggy

-
Gotta a little done on the buggy last night.. Changed the passenger side door.. The original was hit at some point in its life, and although it was totally fixable, I happened across a cherry door, and when I asked the guy what he wanted for it, he said $40... yeah, so I couldnt get the money across to him fast enough lol.. anyways, we hung that door, I didnt get pics cause my iphone was dead, I'll take some pics tomorrow night.. we are gonna wipe the car down and start sanding her down.. stay tuned

glad to hear your wheelin and dealin bill...keep us posted with lots of pics!

glad to hear your wheelin and dealin bill...keep us posted with lots of pics!

Thanks varlo... Progress is slow, but moving.. I will be sure to snap pics tomorrow night.,.

Hey there gang.. So its been a few days since an update.. Progress on the buggy is slow, but its still moving along steady and consistent.. as I said last time we got the new door hung on the passenger side. Outside of a little surface rust from it sitting outside for a bit, and one small dent, this door is PERFECT, a far sight better than the door I took off, which had been hit...hard.. After that, I got the rest of the stuff off, door locks, door handle, mirror, etc and masked the car off.. next I dusted it with rattle can primer and then blocked it back off to expose all the low and high spots I was gonna have to deal with.. then because we never intended to take the car down to bare metal for this paint job, I needed to feather out all the previous paint imperfections, and also took care of what seemed like a ton of teeny tiny rust spots that hadnt shown through the paint that was on the car until we started blocking and knocking it down.. So between that and removing our custom stripe, the buggy looks like an animal with a very serious skin condition LOL .. It just feels good to be continuing to move forward.. bodywork to continue the next few weeks.. stay tuned folks...

Attachments

• door2.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 895
  • door3.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 887
  • blocking8.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 887
  • blocking7.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 914
  • blocking6.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 902
  • blocking5.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 897
  • blocking4.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 888
  • blocking3.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 891
  • blocking2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 904
  • blocking.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 892
Right on man....glad to see your getting some stuff done. can't wait to see it when primer and paint starts getting laid down.

Keep up the good work buddy.

Right on man....glad to see your getting some stuff done. can't wait to see it when primer and paint starts getting laid down.

Keep up the good work buddy.

Thanks dude.. I appreciate the words of encouragement.. they mean alot.. Yeah things are getting done, and trust me, I definitely cant wait to see primer and paint going on.. but im still a ways off.. there are alot more mornings of sore shoulders and arms ahead of me yet LOL

So... tonight was sanding, sanding and more sanding.. LOL .. why is it the more you fix, the more things you discover that need fixing?? Oh well.. guess thats all part of the fun...

Well gang.. finally, after all these months of never ending work, the buggy finally got some primer shot on her! My arms are dead from constant sanding.. lol.. this is but the first coat.. we will be blocking this down and have a few spots that still need attention.. We are estimating 2 weeks til color... (based on schedules and any other life crisis's not withstanding).. but moments like this bring a smile to my face and allow me to at least see a glimer of light at the end of the tunnel LOL .. Needless to say, I had a few cold ones after this.. this marks the 1st time the buggy has been totally one shade of any color since I first bought her all those years ago.. even though most of this coat will get sanded off, I just had to share...

Attachments

• primer.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 841
  • primer2.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 837
  • primer3.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 833
  • primer4.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 829
Well gang.. finally, after all these months of never ending work, the buggy finally got some primer shot on her! My arms are dead from constant sanding.. lol.. this is but the first coat.. we will be blocking this down and have a few spots that still need attention.. We are estimating 2 weeks til color... (based on schedules and any other life crisis's not withstanding).. but moments like this bring a smile to my face and allow me to at least see a glimer of light at the end of the tunnel LOL .. Needless to say, I had a few cold ones after this.. this marks the 1st time the buggy has been totally one shade of any color since I first bought her all those years ago.. even though most of this coat will get sanded off, I just had to share...

I like it! She is coming together just fine! Keep up the good work. :thumrigh:

I like it! She is coming together just fine! Keep up the good work. :thumrigh:

Thank you sir... I truly appreciate the kind words. They make me feel good about the work I do on the buggy

Dang Bill....look at you go!

why don't you come finish mine for me hahaha.

Keep up the good work...you are making AWESOME progress buddy.

Dang Bill....look at you go!

why don't you come finish mine for me hahaha.

Keep up the good work...you are making AWESOME progress buddy.

Thanks dude... If you lived closer I would definitely come and help lol.. These next couple weeks are gonna be busy for sure.. so much to do.. Cant really tell in the pics, but there are still 3 areas needing attention.. both rockers right below the backs of the doors still need a little work, a little finish work on the passenger side quarter, and the passenger side fender needs work (it was in rough shape when I got the pair of fenders) .. so there is still a TON of sanding in my future LOL ... but it is definitely getting close..

Just subscribed I know it's Tuesday a day late from when I said I would, BUT man what a job you have done in so little time I think anyway Great Job so far great progress. Love the Blue good choice can't wait to see the finish porduct. Great Job!!!! SpeedracerX
Brad

Just subscribed I know it's Tuesday a day late from when I said I would, BUT man what a job you have done in so little time I think anyway Great Job so far great progress. Love the Blue good choice can't wait to see the finish porduct. Great Job!!!! SpeedracerX
Brad

Thanks Brad.. trust me, I cant wait to see the finished product either LMAO .. I feel like I have been doing this forever.. lol

Great build SpeedracerX. I just checked out all your posts here and really enjoyed how you weave in the pictures with good descriptions of the progress you are making. I have done alot of the things you are doing now (including almost sanding off all of my fingerprints and bringing on early arthritis due to sanding!). Keep up the good work and maybe I will see your gang at the Nats in 2012. I plan on bringing the Dart that year.

Great build SpeedracerX. I just checked out all your posts here and really enjoyed how you weave in the pictures with good descriptions of the progress you are making. I have done alot of the things you are doing now (including almost sanding off all of my fingerprints and bringing on early arthritis due to sanding!). Keep up the good work and maybe I will see your gang at the Nats in 2012. I plan on bringing the Dart that year.

Just an awesome thread!

Thanks guys.. I truly appreciate the kind words.. Hemi, I would love that... I was hoping to take the Dart to the Nats this year.. but that just isnt going to happen..but I say now, the buggy will be ready for the Nats in 2012... so we are definitely gonna have to hook up.. share a cold one.. I cant wait to see your car there..

There really hasnt been any progress to the buggy for the past few weeks.. Life has too many other things going on keeping me from her.. That and the members of my group also are having thier own 'life' problems right now.. The game plan is to still get the buggy painted before the end of summer.. .keep your fingers crossed gang...

Keep up the good work.
I found out with any project if you work a little on it every day progress will show.
The next thing you know is it will be done, and you will be looking for another project because you will have idle hands.
Good luck

Keep up the good work.
I found out with any project if you work a little on it every day progress will show.
The next thing you know is it will be done, and you will be looking for another project because you will have idle hands.
Good luck

This project is gonna be it for me... (I say this knowing full well my wife wants a 69 Charger... lol.. hey, I can imagine this project is it cant I?? LOL)

This project is gonna be it for me... (I say this knowing full well my wife wants a 69 Charger... lol.. hey, I can imagine this project is it cant I?? LOL)

lol you think, it was not 3 months after if finished my Willys, I was driving down the road and there it was somebody had a duster for sale.
You know what happens next.

By the way my cousin has a 69 charger project that he has not touched in years.

lol you think, it was not 3 months after if finished my Willys, I was driving down the road and there it was somebody had a duster for sale.
You know what happens next.

By the way my cousin has a 69 charger project that he has not touched in years.

Oh yeah?? lol... keep me posted on the status of that

Nice work there!

How I miss out on the good threads is beyond me.

Thank you... truthfully I miss out on great threads all the time.. accidently finding them is like the bonus that makes my day better LMAO...

-
Back