Project White Trash

-
i remember seeing occasional updates on this over on PT.com. nice to see it in more detail and more complete.

youll have to give us some pictures of the details, and some more details on the suspension.

and on the race parts, the reason to detune them for a true PT car is that TOO much power makes a car uncontrollable. 600hp is more than plenty for any autocross a-body. more than that, and they become very difficult to control out on track. i actually have enough issues with 400 at the wheels autocrossing. i cant imagine 600 in my car. the detuned race parts should be able to be beaten mercilessly year after year after year and NEVER need to be freshened.

michael

i remember seeing occasional updates on this over on PT.com. nice to see it in more detail and more complete.

youll have to give us some pictures of the details, and some more details on the suspension.

and on the race parts, the reason to detune them for a true PT car is that TOO much power makes a car uncontrollable. 600hp is more than plenty for any autocross a-body. more than that, and they become very difficult to control out on track. i actually have enough issues with 400 at the wheels autocrossing. i cant imagine 600 in my car. the detuned race parts should be able to be beaten mercilessly year after year after year and NEVER need to be freshened.

michael

yes sorry I do not give to many updates this car has been built around my business. Alot of what I have done to this car I am offering as products to the average joe I plan to do alot of autocrossing with this car next year my suspension is only good to about 180mph so it has it limits

Holy Zoots,...I was apprehensive when I klicked on this thread,...OK, Car looks kinda Hip,....But you got me with the motor pic,....

Let me get this straight, you spent thousands on an engine designed for racing just to "detune" it to 600+ hp?

1. I don't see the logic in the spending money AND detuning.

B. If 600hp is detuned, I'd love to see what kind of power it could've made.

III. It's really cool to see a classic like that choc full of viper parts, I had no idea it could be done.

Also. You need more info and pics.

Lastly. That is a really cool project and I believe I'm gonna suscribe. What color shall it be when it's done?

It's gonna be PPG black and it will be straight.................:glasses7:

Hmm,same as mine except the Viper brakes.Atleast the rear won,t be the weak point for the 500 plus ponies being tossed at it.Will be following your progress with your upgrades.

It,s funny how alot of people overlook the Early-A,s potential to be beasts.:tongue1:

Hmm,same as mine except the Viper brakes.Atleast the rear won,t be the weak point for the 500 plus ponies being tossed at it.Will be following your progress with your upgrades.

It,s funny how alot of people overlook the Early-A,s potential to be beasts.:tongue1:
No this rearend started its life in a 2005 Viper srt 10 truck I narrowed it and install Moser custom axles I did not change the gears or posi because it only had 3000 miles on it.

No this rearend started its life in a 2005 Viper srt 10 truck I narrowed it and install Moser custom axles I did not change the gears or posi because it only had 3000 miles on it.
This is not a ARengineering kit this is 100% made by me using custom 2pc baer 13inch rotors

Well the engine is in and I am very happy with its placement low and as far back as it will go

very interesting K-frame set-up....never seen it done that way before...
I'm sure there will be a lot of positive interest....nice job!

Let me get this straight, you spent thousands on an engine designed for racing just to "detune" it to 600+ hp?

1. I don't see the logic in the spending money AND detuning.

B. If 600hp is detuned, I'd love to see what kind of power it could've made.

III. It's really cool to see a classic like that choc full of viper parts, I had no idea it could be done.

Also. You need more info and pics.

Lastly. That is a really cool project and I believe I'm gonna suscribe. What color shall it be when it's done?

This is genius. Tons of power and some reliability.

very interesting K-frame set-up....never seen it done that way before...
I'm sure there will be a lot of positive interest....nice job!
This is just a prototype, I have some good ideas on how to make it look OEM but still be a front steer rack set up just waiting for the right oportunity to build it

Looks good Eric, I will send you my K frame and you can try your new ideas.....LOL
Dude that is one killer motor. Hope you, Tincup and I can all meet up one day. It would be fun to run all 3 cars on an open track.
Tim

-
Back