Pulleys overlapping?

-
I use a hole saw, and a lathe --------------aluminum, got a .062 one on it now if I remember right .

OH YEA, RUB IT IN!:D
I'd LOVE to have a lathe, but sure don't have the room for one.
Heck, I have a nice Craftsman Radial Arm saw and stand I have to leave outside because of no place to put it.
I'm about to give it away to someone that does have room and can use it.

OH YEA, RUB IT IN!:D
I'd LOVE to have a lathe, but sure don't have the room for one.
Heck, I have a nice Craftsman Radial Arm saw and stand I have to leave outside because of no place to put it.
I' about to give it away to someone that does have room and can use it.

yeah , not enough room is a bi----, I lengthened my garage about 12 ft. a few years back , wish I`d gone farther !
Also wish I `d bought a bigger lathe too ! Still dont know how I lived w/o it most of my life. Always wanted one after working for Dresser Ind. , in an overhaul shop , w/ a bunch of machines . I miss having access to them too !

Correct pullies will line up. Otherwise would it not be hard to keep belts? Somewhere there is info as to height and dia. of correct pullies!!!
Ever wonder why so many people on here have over heat problems? One reason of many is wrong pullies????

yeah , not enough room is a bi----, I lengthened my garage about 12 ft. a few years back , wish I`d gone farther !
Also wish I `d bought a bigger lathe too ! Still dont know how I lived w/o it most of my life. Always wanted one after working for Dresser Ind. , in an overhaul shop , w/ a bunch of machines . I miss having access to them too !

A long time ago I worked for a company called Advance Adapters that made CNC transfer cases, bracketry and other equipment and OMG I was in heaven.:D
Only problem was we couldn't use the machinery for personal stuff.
This is them now. AdvanceAdapters.com | Engine & Transmission Conversion Adapters - Advance Adapters
The internet basically didn't exist for anything like this back then.

Correct pullies will line up. Otherwise would it not be hard to keep belts? Somewhere there is info as to height and dia. of correct pullies!!!
Ever wonder why so many people on here have over heat problems? One reason of many is wrong pullies????

True, and up above somewhere I mentioned finding the right ones may be a PIA.
That's why the spacer part came up.

Not entirely so, change to an aftermarket pump and pump housing , mill the pumphousing off to account for motor plate, which uses two sets of gaskets, aftermarket short 2 5/8'' fan clutch , buy single pullies like the hemi`s came out with , and you might haver to adjust 1/16'' , especially if ur alternator sets where a fuel pump would normally be !! --------just sayin--------

^^^ Heck you are a racer talking, they have to hotrod and engineer every thing anyway!!!!!! LOL Wait.. you are an OKIE racer, different yet!!! LOL

Way back when I was fooling with lots of these old cars, like many guys I had milk crates fulll of pullies. After decades they got HARD to find!!!! Then they were repoped. Pullies can be important!

^^^ Heck you are a racer talking, they have to hotrod and engineer every thing anyway!!!!!! LOL Wait.. you are an OKIE racer, different yet!!! LOL

LOL , dont race much anymore -----------okie , yes !---------boomer !

440 Source has a list of Big Block crank and water pump pulleys:
Crank:
Crank Pulleys from www.440 Source.com
Water Pump:
Water Pump Pulleys from www.440 Source.com

My water pump pulley was from 440 source.
I just bought an overdrive pulley to speed the water pump up a hair , ''another experiment'' . I chucked the clutch fan up in my lathe today and machined about .100 off of the area ahead of the bolt location, should really help when installing that hayden 2 5/8'' tall pump !-----------more to come

Ok, finally got the pulleys mounted on my 440 yesterday. They do NOT overlap. The crank pulley for the non AC is smaller than the AC one. WP pulley is larger. Ignore the WP belt idler on the motor. Mine is getting AC. This was just to mock up the non-AC pulleys for pics. The last pics are a comparison between the crank and WP pulleys for each application. Left pulleys are AC, right are not.

DSC01200.JPG
DSC01201.JPG
DSC01203.JPG
DSC01204.JPG
DSC01205.JPG
DSC01206.JPG

Ok, finally got the pulleys mounted on my 440 yesterday. They do NOT overlap. The crank pulley for the non AC is smaller than the AC one. WP pulley is larger. Ignore the WP belt idler on the motor. Mine is getting AC. This was just to mock up the non-AC pulleys for pics. The last pics are a comparison between the crank and WP pulleys for each application. Left pulleys are AC, right are not.

View attachment 1715538585 View attachment 1715538586 View attachment 1715538587 View attachment 1715538589 View attachment 1715538591 View attachment 1715538592

Larger w pump pulley is gonna slow the pump down =overheating.

Smaller pulley with that offset will rub on the WP bolts. That what the factory used in a non-AC application.

I just finished installing the smaller pump pulley yesterday , it doesnt rub anything . I had to rework my home made adjustment system , my alternator sets where the fuel pump would normally be on a r/b . , so as usuall, it took me about 3 times as long to do it as everything else . lol
Gonna drive it today and see how much diff it makes .-----??

I just finished installing the smaller pump pulley yesterday , it doesnt rub anything . I had to rework my home made adjustment system , my alternator sets where the fuel pump would normally be on a r/b . , so as usuall, it took me about 3 times as long to do it as everything else . lol
Gonna drive it today and see how much diff it makes .-----??
I intentionally use a smaller wp pulley over factory on my 440 to spin the pump faster. I also use the large factory dual groove crank pulley.

I intentionally use a smaller wp pulley over factory on my 440 to spin the pump faster. I also use the large factory dual groove crank pulley.

Seems to have made about 5 degrees diff., will drive it again today , supposed o be in the mid 90`sw ---------------------??

-
Back