Pup...

-
$43....shots, de-worming and nails....

View attachment IMG_0704 (Medium).jpg

she is whooped....

Azul is damn near fearless. A trainer I used years back told me that corrections are often nothing more than a way to divert there attention. She had me put some rocks in plastic containers to throw in the direction of the pup. Tried this with Azul...only thing it does is give her a chew toy....does not startle her in the least.

Love the pics and updates. She is growing fast and already has quite a personality! LOL.

Thanks...she is sleeping peacefully right now. Ernie absolutely loves her. Azul/Ernie have gotten in the habit of sharing the Lazy Boy, Ernie will rock her until she falls asleep. Going to be a real problem in the not to distant future, when Azul is 70-80 pounds. Azull has gotten to the point that if she sees Ernie in her chair she will go running to her...and if Ernie does not pick her up she will climb up her leg to get to the chair.

Got an email from the breeder asking me if I wanted the other female that was in the litter with her. Would really like to take her but Queenie, our 12 year old Blue Heeler is having a hard enough time with just her. Not to mention I really do want to get a Bluetick Coonhound down the road. I am on a waiting list with a breeder in Grants Pass Oregon....Dani said the plan is to breed there young female next spring....

Thanks...she is sleeping peacefully right now. Ernie absolutely loves her. Azul/Ernie have gotten in the habit of sharing the Lazy Boy, Ernie will rock her until she falls asleep. Going to be a real problem in the not to distant future, when Azul is 70-80 pounds. Azull has gotten to the point that if she sees Ernie in her chair she will go running to her...and if Ernie does not pick her up she will climb up her leg to get to the chair.

Got an email from the breeder asking me if I wanted the other female that was in the litter with her. Would really like to take her but Queenie, our 12 year old Blue Heeler is having a hard enough time with just her. Not to mention I really do want to get a Bluetick Coonhound down the road. I am on a waiting list with a breeder in Grants Pass Oregon....Dani said the plan is to breed there young female next spring....

Cool on how she just climbs up on the chair if not invited. She's getting spoiled already...

I would consider the other litter mate. They will have a great bond if you get them together at this age... you just have to get 'ol Blue Heeler to accept them.

*Try giving Blue Heeler some special attention. Like 15-20 minutes a day for just you and him. He's probably feeling left out and jealous that Azul is getting all the "new dog attention" and he may feel that he's getting left out. Give him some attention to let him know that he's not "invisible/not important". He'll appreciate it and maybe accept Azul a little easier. Give him a little "him" time every day to let him know that he's still appreciated.

Cool on how she just climbs up on the chair if not invited. She's getting spoiled already...

I would consider the other litter mate. They will have a great bond if you get them together at this age... you just have to get 'ol Blue Heeler to accept them.

*Try giving Blue Heeler some special attention. Like 15-20 minutes a day for just you and him. He's probably feeling left out and jealous that Azul is getting all the "new dog attention" and he may feel that he's getting left out. Give him some attention to let him know that he's not "invisible/not important". He'll appreciate it and maybe accept Azul a little easier. Give him a little "him" time every day to let him know that he's still appreciated.

Thanks for the tip....Queenie has warmed up some to Azul....but in typical Cattle Dog fashion when Azul tries to play with her Queenie gets aggressive....she is still playing but very aggressively. Told Ernie earlier about the email from Tim, she did not say much. Will bring it up again shortly. Knowing her the way I do we will be heading to Missoula to get her...

Found Azul a new toy today. Ernie is laughiing, she said it is almost like we have a kid in the house with the toys everywhere.....

View attachment IMG_0706 (Medium).jpg

View attachment IMG_0707 (Medium).jpg
It makes pig noises...this one IS NOT going into her crate tonight..
View attachment IMG_0709 (Medium).jpg
Red & Azul playing....he really has taken a liking to her....

Spoke with Ernie about the other pup...like me she is unsure of things. What we are hoping for is if we do go pick her up (we already named her, for what that is worth) that the pups will harass each other and leave Queenie be, to let her live out her life in peace.

Sounds like a plan. I tried that with cats a brother, sister, and the mother. I know cats are different. My dog loved them all. The mother cat was a *****. Best of luck.

Sounds like a plan. I tried that with cats a brother, sister, and the mother. I know cats are different. My dog loved them all. The mother cat was a *****. Best of luck.

Thanks....neither of us is much of a cat person.

We do have feral cats in our 'hood. We took the pup outside a few nites ago, Queenie and Red were raising hell by the rock pile behind the garage. One of the cats was on top of the pile. By the time I got close enough to chase it away Queenie had figured out to go to the one side of the pile as it was climbable. Cat started hissing and pawing at her. Jumped off the rock pile & took off with both of them in pursuit....Next time we saw Red he had some fur in his mouth...looked around for the cat to see if he killed it but did not see it...he might have got it's tail. Neighbor behind me puts cat food out. Her husband has fought with her about it but gave up.

Thanks....neither of us is much of a cat person.

We do have feral cats in our 'hood. We took the pup outside a few nites ago, Queenie and Red were raising hell by the rock pile behind the garage. One of the cats was on top of the pile. By the time I got close enough to chase it away Queenie had figured out to go to the one side of the pile as it was climbable. Cat started hissing and pawing at her. Jumped off the rock pile & took off with both of them in pursuit....Next time we saw Red he had some fur in his mouth...looked around for the cat to see if he killed it but did not see it...he might have got it's tail. Neighbor behind me puts cat food out. Her husband has fought with her about it but gave up.

We had a large population of feral cats by my old shop in the city. Women across the road would always feed them. If I had to guess, at least fifty at any one time. Some animal association to long ago to remember the name asked for my permission to trap them on my property. They caught neutered and released them. It helped a lot in population control.

We had a large population of feral cats by my old shop in the city. Women across the road would always feed them. If I had to guess, at least fifty at any one time. Some animal association to long ago to remember the name asked for my permission to trap them on my property. They caught neutered and released them. It helped a lot in population control.

Sounds like the neighbors air plane hangar at the bottom of our 'hood. Another neighbor was storing a plane there, went to go out for a little flying time and saw several dozen feral cats in the hangar. Dan contacted some group that came out and trapped them all. Believe they did the same thing, neutered them and released them back into this area. I can say for being out in a rural area we do not see many, if any, mice.....

wise old southern gentleman once said : " a man can NEVER have too many dogs or mopars"!???????

Didn't Tucker trade an old Packard for 12 trained Dalmatians... I gotta respect that in a guy...

Doh.... I just showed my wife the pics of Azul, and now she is pushing me even harder for another dog. I can feel myself wearing down.... Help me!! LOL

Going to pick her up on Friday...name is going to be either Mita or Reina..only picture we have....sorry about it being crooked, tried 3 times to straighten it out...

Attachments

• Mita (Medium).jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 100
that's awesome! I received my blue heeler from a shelter. what shelter did you get your pup from? I live in Missoula!

that's awesome! I received my blue heeler from a shelter. what shelter did you get your pup from? I live in Missoula!
No shelter...from a breeder that lives near Bozeman. His mother lives a few miles from Costco in Missoula.
what do you guys do with those hounds there in Mt?????
For me they are pets. Tim, the breeder, shows them and hunts cat's and bears with them.

View attachment bigcat.jpg

Mine just hunt gophers.....the area in between the house and the trees towards the back, about 100' away or so is nothing but tunnels and craters. And the occasional feral cat. After they ate last night Red, he is 12 years old, went out and picked up the scent of something. Course it was just after 11 p.m. Calling him was useless. Had to go get him. He was running thru one section of the yard, nose to the ground barking. When I finally managed to get close enough to him I had to tackle him. He was so focused he growled & snapped at me. Glad we do not have any noise ordinances and I have some neighbors that don't mind the noise.....

-
Back