Purchase of wheels and tires from another member gone bad

-
This a very unfortunate event to happen on this or any other forum. I haven't had many transactions but those that I were involved with went very smoothly so hopefully this won't deter others from buying and selling on FABO. I don't know if this a plausible solution but anyway here goes: for purchases greater than say $100 or $150 maybe some kind of contract can be made and put on record on this site. I know this will involve other people's time, effort and watch but then sellers and buyers are documented. $700 is a lot of money. We all hate to eat even 70 bucks financially and on principle but hundreds of dollars is a killer.

I hate to see anyone have this happen to him. So when i saw it the other day I followed the facebook trail and DID send his mommy a message and I got a reply too.

From his Mommy

I have no idea about any of this,I just called him,he said he shipped them out,thats all i know as he does not live with me.you will have to contact him about this matter not me

PM me a phone # csx and i'll call him and if i can, i'll have a friendly discussion. Make no mistake, i have guys here reading this crap and they aren't members. All i would have to do is spring for a little gas money and they'd be headed northeast. Sometimes i'm a little too trusting but just last week i had a long distance deal go well for the tune of $15000. I bought a Genie manlift off ebay in Pa. My banker was worried sick. I said wire the money. I told em the most i could loose is the $15000 and one bullet. Did i mention i employ the not so desireable? Need some info csx. Jason, are you listenin son. I really cant believe we dont have any members near that area. Someone needs to step up and help out here. You may need some help in the future.
Small Block

I just wish he was in western Maryland or close to it I have allot of friends that are pagans..and theres a few that owes me......Artie

Smallblock (moderator), I just went on Zabasearch, typed in Jason Spinney. His address shows as 19 Karen Circle, Old Town, Maine, 04468. Phone #207-945-3975. Simple search, someone else here mentioned that they had done this. It is an area of mobile homes, no negative connotation attached to that comment, just an observation, please no anger. Same as pic on this thread that shows Taylor rd. Karen Circle is off Taylor Rd. in Google maps. Hope this helps. Also shows his Mom as Michelle Rooney, as someone else has pointed out earlier on this thread.

I recieved a PM on my comment. Just to set the record straight. I have no dog in this fight other than it's a member in good standing here that's getting ripped off. The "bullit" comment was an explanation of how serious i can be in MY dealings. I would, if given the chance, have a heart to heart talk with Jason should the occasion arise. By the way, the number listed above is not in service.
Small Block

I,m just glad its not me. I hate incarceration. And i,m like Smallblock but i get more enjoyment beating my money out of people. Last person that ripped me off teed me off so bad I beat him with a pitching wedge. He still limps 5 years later.

Too bad he's not in SC. If any of ya'll ever do have a problem such as this with soemone is SC, ya got a 250 lb redneck who's got yer back.

Jason said he would send the wheels and tires out this week. I still have not heard from him on this and it's Thursday already.
Jason. Are you sending them or am I sending the police?

Jason said he would send the wheels and tires out this week. I still have not heard from him on this and it's Thursday already.

Proof right there that he intended to rip you off from day one.

He is a friggin dirtbag ripoff artist plain and simple. I hate seeing this on FABO. Now I see
1 or 2 post I won't buy from them.

Jason remember i said i had kind of the same problem with a guy doing some work for me clean and polish 5 rims and 2 valve covers gisve them to him on 4-4-10 well i did what i said and went to the loc. court in his town filed charges for theft by deseption well he went to court today they sent it from loc. to the highest court he looking at 18mos in jail and $10,000.00 in fines now the problem is about 3 days after i filed the charges he got the papers and he called me i called the court and told them he called me they told me to say nothing to him but to set up to pick up my stuff so i did just that and now i have it all back and the court won'r drop the charges so hes in big trouble

csx452, it may be worth your while to make that 8 hour trip anyways. Just go to the local police and have them refer you to the proper magistrate, or whatever they have in Maine. File charges. If you dont, he will just keep doing it to other people. And its probably the only way you will ever get any type of restitution, be it wheels, or refund. If he cant provide you with either one, you will have the satisfaction of seeing him go to jail, plain and simple.

Dont just let it ride.
Dont chalk it up to experience.
Dont forget about it.
Dont just keep waiting around and playing his little stalling games.
Dont let him get away with it.

I hope you printed off the info from his spacebook profile before he changed his settings. Take as much printed material with you as you can to the cops. It would be worth the drive to look him in the eyes....both black ones!! He is probably figuring that he is safe with the 8 hours between you.

I'd go kick his punk azz and take the whole damn car for my troubles, part it out and run it through the crusher---- Uh, Sorry guys, was I thinking outloud???

I hope all works out in the end. I worry about any transaction I do going as well as possible for both parties envolved.... I don't have time to screw around and pack & ship stuff so I'm always the buyer...
I can understand a little delay if something came up, But this is way beyound that. He needs to learn his lesson.

Stop giving him chances and just go to the police already. You'll get your money and/or wheels and he'll get what's coming to him.

-
Back