Purple cam question

-
In mechanical-lifter (solid & roller) cams slight adjustment can be made to Overlap & Total Duration by minor changes in valve lash. Non-standard lash settings are recommended for test purposes. Crane suggests +.004" & -.008" (adjusted from manufacturer's suggested hot settings) as maximum limits for continuous use.( well this is from the cam data chart write up)

In mechanical-lifter (solid & roller) cams slight adjustment can be made to Overlap & Total Duration by minor changes in valve lash. Non-standard lash settings are recommended for test purposes. Crane suggests +.004" & -.008" (adjusted from manufacturer's suggested hot settings) as maximum limits for continuous use.( well this is from the cam data chart write up)
Yupper! Even with hydraulic lifters, going from one extreme to the other with preload can make a noticeable difference.

This is the sheet that came with My "6681" kit, note the lash & centerlines
20210926_102020.jpg

20210926_102020.jpg

20210926_102020.jpg

20210926_102020.jpg

I have no F'ing idea why it keeps posting multiple images....

Then the specs published in the catalog, which are not the same at all.

Which ones get published &/or repeated & by whom?

Which ones get published &/or repeated & by whom?
...and which ones are RIGHT? All of this has plagued Mopar guys for decades. It's the MP "just run it and shut up" thing. lol

I go with the sheet, and when I cracked the K6 mill open a couple back to try diff pushrod lengths/rocker shaft heights, the centerline checked in @102.5deg ATDC. Right where I left it. I settled on .019" on the intakes I believe.

Obviously as most "semi hot"-hot cams usually go in/are ground 4deg advanced & the LSA is 106 it kinda calls itself out, but the smaller ones...then there's the "3 different recc'd springs" for the "6681".....sigh....

-
Back