Push Button heat/ac control module

-

68dartgtman

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good source for locating a replacement push button heat/ac module? Mine is broken and have not seen any from any parts vendors - new or used?
thank you !

Is is a 5-button? My 69 Dart was (factory AC). My 65 Newport has a 4-button (non-AC). You could buy the 5-button ones new a few years ago. I got one from Paddock for ~$20 in the 1990's. I have the PN's somewhere, but couldn't find just now. I know Echlin sold the 5-button and you can find their PN in a search. There is also a post somewhere on rebuilding the switches.

Hey, thank you ! Mine is a 5 button - I'll look at Paddock and Echlin - I haven't pulled the unit out of the dash yet - I assume it's broken because 2 buttons are stuck in and 1 of the 2 is crooked as a dogs hide leg ! so I think it doesn't look good. I am hoping I can repair it if it's not to bad but know dodge/Chrysler used this unit on a lot of other models - my dad had a 67 Cuda fastback that had the same setup and have seen it on other models also. Just may have to go searching for this if not repairable !
Thank you for the info !!

Hey, thank you ! Mine is a 5 button - I'll look at Paddock and Echlin - I haven't pulled the unit out of the dash yet - I assume it's broken because 2 buttons are stuck in and 1 of the 2 is crooked as a dogs hide leg ! so I think it doesn't look good. I am hoping I can repair it if it's not to bad but know dodge/Chrysler used this unit on a lot of other models - my dad had a 67 Cuda fastback that had the same setup and have seen it on other models also. Just may have to go searching for this if not repairable !
Thank you for the info !!

I just bought one from ebay (5 button). there's quite a few for sale there. It was for my 69 Cuda A/C heater, mine had a vacuum leak. Wanna see a pic???

Treblig

Hey Treblig,
what did you look under on ebay to find yours? I have tried -
Mopar 5 button heat/ac controls
5 button heat/ac control module

can't seem to find anything

thanks!

Call Classic Auto Air in Florida. I sent one down there to be repaired (ended up being too far gone) so they sold me one they had in stock instead.

You can epoxy it too, put paper clips in the holes so they don't plug up, then use JB weld. I repaired my broken 62 Chrysler 300 that way.

You can epoxy it too, put paper clips in the holes so they don't plug up, then use JB weld. I repaired my broken 62 Chrysler 300 that way.

Yes that should work. Mine was leaking internally so I had to buy a new one. I drive my car daily so I also didn't want to have everything disconnected while I fixed the part. But sometimes you got to do whatever it takes.

treblig

Yes that should work. Mine was leaking internally so I had to buy a new one. I drive my car daily so I also didn't want to have everything disconnected while I fixed the part. But sometimes you got to do whatever it takes.

treblig

If you use JB weld quick, it dries in 10 min. then you can re-install.
But if they made one for the 300 that cheap, I would have bought one.
Just another option

One thing I forgot to mention. They made a million of these and made many replacement ones as well (interchangeable). Some go for as high as $90. I did about an hour of research to find which one was a good "interchangeable" part and found that you can get one much cheaper if you make a list of interchangeable P/Ns based on what each auction says about the part. Many times sellers don't do the research and sell their part cheaper not knowing that it can be used on numerous other cars. the one I bought was brand new still in the package and it worked perfect.

treblig

Now that I have looked at it, I bet the Abody would fit the old c body 300. Great point Treblig.
I do that same research for lots of parts on Ebay.

This is what I'm talking about...$145, but there are many P/Ns that are compatible. If you look at everyone that is for sale on ebay you'll eventually end up with a long list of interchangeable parts with a variety of prices.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380730797704?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
STORE STOCK # 1069. You are bidding on 1 NEW OLD STOCK switch P/n 3431020. This part supercedes and replaces P/n 2820487 & 3431017 and is the in-dash air conditioning & heater push button switch for ALL the following models WITH FACTORY A/C; PLYMOUTH; Satellite; Belvedere; Sport Satellite; Road Runner; Superbird; GTX; 1968; 1969; 1970; 1971; ALL. Valiant; Signet; 1968; 1969; 1970; 1971; ALL. Barracuda; Cuda; Formula S; 1968; 1969; ALL. Cuda 340; 383; Barracuda; Gran Coupe; Cuda 440; 1970; 1971; ALL. Duster; Duster 340; 1970; 1971; ALL. Fury I; Fury II; Fury III; Sport Fury; VIP; GT; 1968; 1969; 1970; 1971; ALL. DODGE; Coronet; Coronet 440; Coronet 500; Coronet R/T; Super Bee; Charger; Daytona Charger; Charger R/T; Charger 500; 1968; 1969; 1970; 1971; ALL. Dart; 170; 270; Dart GT; Dart GTS; Swinger; Swinger 340; Demon; Demon 340; 1968; 1969; 1970; 1971; ALL. Challenger; Challenger R/T; 1970; 1971; ALL. Polara; Polara 500; Monaco; 1968; 1969; 1970; 1971; ALL. CHRYSLER; Newport; C300; 300 Hurst; New Yorker; 1968; 1969; 1970; 1971; ALL without ATC. IMPERIAL ; Crown; LeBaron; 1970; 1971; ALL without ATC

Treblig

To keep my pneumo switch from soon failing again, I added a relay that actuates in the "blower high" position. My blower switch (L-M-H) had also melted. I couldn't find a 4-button one for my 65 Newport, so used a 5-button one on a custom bracket and plumbed it so it worked. I posted my drawings on the C-body forum a few years ago. I haven't heard of any non-AC A-bodies having a 4-button one.

That's an idea I hadn't heard!!! I've done my headlights with relays but not my blower switch. Thanks,

Treblig

-
Back