question of the day! ??

-
Honestly, I don't think it could be any worse than the stock casting?

That's a great picture !
Give you that much,good casting. Spend your money on a 2:02 ,and a good bowl radius cutter. Quickest ,and actually best, for no porting skills.

I would go ahead and put a cage in it now so you don't get in trouble with the track I think you will be faster than you think.

So you ported the heads. 1200cfm of fuel. Wouldn't you want a 2.02 in. at least? Shifting a 4 speed makes a big difference hit or miss. I like the old school combo. Because I am old. Good luck!

So you ported the heads. 1200cfm of fuel. Wouldn't you want a 2.02 in. at least? Shifting a 4 speed makes a big difference hit or miss. I like the old school combo. Because I am old. Good luck!

Thank you for the luck, and yes old school is the name of the game for me. I'd love to have the 2.02 valves and much much more but money just isn't available at this time. even when I finally get the machine shop paid off for what I've got and get the motor back home that's when the more expenses start. Gaskets, sealer, fuel pump? Distributor? Starter? Oh boy! Not to say I don't have a distributor but the old one that came out of the 318 thats rusty? I'd like of course the brand new MSD set up but I'll probably won't be able to afford that. at least like a new stock one for $65 and of course I have a good working starter but I would like at least a small mini starter for 40 bucks? Well maybe one day and I kind of plan on putting a lot of the top end stuff on the 318 when I rebuild it and next year being able to maybe make another money push at the motor and get the fancy heads and all that stuff to go along with it. I could of course just wait till I have the money to buy each part but I am in kind of a push to get it finished sometime in March so I can race a small 6 race series at Woodburn dragstrip over the course of this next spring and summer.
I do appreciate everybody's guest-0- mations on horsepower / torque and ET possibilities?! that really gets me all jazzed up about this stuff! Thank you......

Just curious...who is the machine shop.

If you don't want to post it, PM me and I won't publish it. Just kinda curious as i know most of those people in your area.

Hate to be a stickler...but carb CFM ratings are for AIR, not for FUEL. So you can't say he has "1200 cfm of fuel". Well, you could, but that would be incorrect.

420/430. I think your heads are holding 'ya back. Also I would bet it makes more HP and torque with an Airgap and a HP750.
Just my thoughts.

One thing forsure. VERY cool and different!

Just curious...who is the machine shop.

If you don't want to post it, PM me and I won't publish it. Just kinda curious as i know most of those people in your area.

I'll post it no problem! It's Portland engine rebuilders. Ted in particular has been helping me do some parts selecting (he's a Ford guy but I don't hold that against him? Lol) he brought me in the back yesterday to let me take a picture of them spin balancing my crank and rotating assemblyView attachment 20141215_132248.jpg

420/430. I think your heads are holding 'ya back. Also I would bet it makes more HP and torque with an Airgap and a HP750.
Just my thoughts.

One thing forsure. VERY cool and different!

I'm not quite sure what you meant by 420/430. I know my heads are holding me back. I'm leaving the upgrade and bigger cam and rockers for next year and another 3 grand push at the motor.which if I get those heads and stuff like that will make me start to have to do other things like roll cage and stuff that just cost more and more money. I think the single carburetor manifold would probably be better and faster and more power but I like to keep my car which is my hobby and my fun like me - old school and cool DUAL QUAD TUNNEL RAM !! :headbang: lol
I have a LD4B but I'm saving it to go on the 318 when I get the new heads and stuff. I'll put this (old?) stuff on it

If he ever run's at denver he will be right in his desired E.T.

Funny you say that! I'm going to use it here in Portland, OR. And give it to my son & grandson in Denver.
You should be seeing it at your local area/track late summer of 2017.

Could be a great combo, with the 4 speed the tunnel ram will work well. Its all how well it shifts. I would like bigger valves myself.

Could be a great combo, with the 4 speed the tunnel ram will work well. Its all how well it shifts. I would like bigger valves myself.
I would like bigger valves myself! I'm taking donations? LOL
That'll be for next year when I take another 5k stab at it.

I used to have so much crap that could have helped you out, sold it cheap. Don't need any 273 rockers do you? Or an MSD #8534 distributor?

I used to have so much crap that could have helped you out, sold it cheap. Don't need any 273 rockers do you? Or an MSD #8534 distributor?
I got a really nice set of 273 rockers from a member, but we can talk about the distributor. ...

I got a really nice set of 273 rockers from a member, but we can talk about the distributor. ...

The timing advance is locked out (I had a lot of cam and nitrous) I may still have the parts for a timing curve but no promises. I also have a Kevko oil pan I don't need. Send me a pm and we can figure something out. Everything was pulled from a running motor, just needs a cleaning

The timing advance is locked out (I had a lot of cam and nitrous) I may still have the parts for a timing curve but no promises. I also have a Kevko oil pan I don't need. Send me a pm and we can figure something out. Everything was pulled from a running motor, just needs a cleaning

I pm'ed ya ? With my phone#

Please explain? I may learn something. :dontknow:

I was just throwing it up in the air at you....Hahahahahaha
You dont really race at that track? Do you?
I raced some ProGas race's there back in the late 70's.. The track prep had a lot to be desired... I do have a friend that runs a pick up there from Cedar Hill, once in a while still...

I pm'ed ya ? With my phone#

Just saw the pm. I'll get a hold of you this week. I've been sick and kind of lost my voice so I'm trying to avoid phone calls. Sorry for the inconvenience, working outside kinda sucks this time of year

Just saw the pm. I'll get a hold of you this week. I've been sick and kind of lost my voice so I'm trying to avoid phone calls. Sorry for the inconvenience, working outside kinda sucks this time of year
no problem. No hurry! I hope you get well soon!

-
Back