questions, and am i wrong?

-

bayyum

Reaction score
kay, i dont know where to start,

People dont seem to understand why i put so much money into cars. but tell me if this is wrong. i put all my money into my cars and girlfriend because i dont want to turn out like 95% of teenagers that spend all their money on booze, or short term happiness, i want to be the teenager with the nice trucks, cars. and go somewhere in my life by the time im 25. but is this wrong to think like that?

and i have a couple questions, will it be very hard to weld my willys together, and put the 9" rear, front end components, and engine tranny in it?

and are belltech springs any good? my dad got me some for my 1991 f150 and i would like to know ife there reputable..

Nope yer not wrong, if you love workin on the cars and trucks do it!! I agree with the amt of $$ teenagers waste its ridiculous

Hey Mike, the way I see it, if it makes you happy and gets you that much closer to your goals, then ignore what other people think and follow your own drummer. If everyone in the world agreed on everything, it would be a really boring place.

girls just get you in trouble. Stick with the cars... it will determine your future and will likely help you in the job market at some point in time.

If the friends are bugging you to go out and wasting the cash ... time to find new friends?

the same friends who hack on you for spending on your cars will be the ones bumming rides , heres a tip lets there girlfriends in the car and drive away laughing leaving them at the curb ,the cars will get you more tang than a case of empties and a hangover especially in a smaller rural place like PG -keep your stick on the ice buddy

Hey Mike, I've never given a rats *** about what people think of me and as long as what I'm doing is legal why should I care and therefore why should you. As long as it's your intention to be a law abiding productive member of society why should you have to be a conformist.

Mike, all my free money goes to my Dart. :-D its what makes me happy. My girlfriend approves as well. So, I agree its fine to think this way.

x2 all of the above, AND...
yes, Belltech is a well established and reputable company and has been providing quality hot rod parts for decades.
good luck with the girls !

People dont seem to understand why i put so much money into cars. but tell me if this is wrong. i put all my money into my cars and girlfriend because i dont want to turn out like 95% of teenagers that spend all their money on booze, or short term happiness, i want to be the teenager with the nice trucks, cars. and go somewhere in my life by the time im 25. but is this wrong to think like that?

ok heres my take on it. when i was young i used to put all my money into my bmx bike, then it moved to cars. i made good money (compared to my friends) right out of high school so i was constantly working on them, dumping just about all my extra (bills first and had 401K money coming out the pay check real early on) money into them and it continues today. i have fun doing it and all but looking back now, i wish i would have said screw the cars and traveled more. there is a ton of things out there to see. infact i tell my 15 year old boy all the time, don't mess with these stupid cars till you are older , while young go see the world. i'm finally starting to travel some now but its a lot harder with two kids a mortgage and things like that. would be a lot easier to travel when younger and do the car thing when older in my opinion.

that being said, your a lot better off toying with the cars over the drugs and booze thats for sure.

Life is too short. Do what you love and love what you do!! Life will catch up with you eventually and you'll only be able to work on your car on the weekends, then it'll be every other weekend...

Girls are expensive, women will bankrupt you!!

Well known saying;

If it has tires or tits, you're gonna have trouble with it.One point in favour of the cars is at least you can fix what's wrong.

Good luck Mike, you've got your whole life in front of you.

Mike, you sound like you've got a good head on your shoulders. Keep on doing what is making you happy and everything else will fall into place. The key to all of this is to find a good balance in life, family, friends, girls, cars, etc. Remember, everything in moderation is good. Good luck!

take the advice Tiger Woods dad gave him, concentrate on golf and screw everything else:cheers: just change golf to cars:-D

Don't discount what abodyjoe is saying, even though it might not be the most popular answer.

Saying you want to go somewhere by 25 is useless unless you have specific plans. Then you need to factor in the financial requirements to achieve such goals. Then you must budget for it.

hey, nothing wrong with what your doing, im 22 and have a lot... most i worked for other was handed down to me, either way though. i don't drink, don't smoke, don't party..... our good night around here is someone brings some food to the shop and we work on cars for the night. better then going to the bars.

You can't go wrong with cars, your time, money and effort will show. Many are jealous of me but then don't realize what i do to have what i have.

as for a girl find one that wants you for you and will put up with you.

You're on the right track now, a lot of guys don't realize what you allready know until their 30's (or even later!)
Keep it up Mike.
Do your own thing.
Tom.

Who cares about paint and interior. Make it fast.

NO SHOW ALL GO!!!

Judging by you and yours, you are totally on the right track, just remember that Mopars will bankrupt you and God forbid you get a AMC

Your car will not come over and slap you if you are caught looking at a Ford.:toothy10: Keep a fair balance between your car and Girls.

I used to have money until I discovered 2 things, cars and women......

-
Back