raced a lt1 trans am tonight in my abody!

-
i think im set on a intake swap with nos. now the question for you all. what size shot? here is pictures of the car.
1170724_662988337047326_1799602424_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p480x480/1236525_662988630380630_933131780_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1229851_662989307047229_748046135_n.jpg

Shocks and struts right???? LOL
The Kelly tire is t helping put the power down. Looking at a Mickey tire?

Is start with a low setting. A 100/125 shot.

the front shocks are stock from when i bought the car three years ago lol. didnt replace the front yet. i wanna do the disc brakes up front with the bbp. and the rear shocks are gabriels. whats a good tire for the rear? id like to stay in the 295 area. i want a tire that will last but also a good street/strip one. so like a street slick that i can cruise with. and one that will last with burnouts. i like burnouts so i want one that can last for miles lol.

Your not going to find a street slick with long tire life.
Street slicks by Mickey Tompson will grip great!

Get 3/8 sending unit,run braided steel lines all the way to engine bay run regulator .then u can run it to ur carb and to the unit(nos) also.and trust invest the 300 bucks and get a wideband. Ay exhaust shop will weld in the bung for 10 to 20 bucks.then when u have all bugs worked out with leaks and fuel pressure then run the unit and it will be a lot easier to tune. learned the hard way do it right the first time. And future get good heads,cam,intake, carb(built to ur motors specs)and u won't have issues.....as for suspension comp engin. Shocks front rear ,ss springs,snubber...cheap and effective my car hooks on the street and track 1.4 60 ft times

Get 3/8 sending unit,run braided steel lines all the way to engine bay run regulator .then u can run it to ur carb and to the unit(nos) also.and trust invest the 300 bucks and get a wideband. Ay exhaust shop will weld in the bung for 10 to 20 bucks.then when u have all bugs worked out with leaks and fuel pressure then run the unit and it will be a lot easier to tune. learned the hard way do it right the first time. And future get good heads,cam,intake, carb(built to ur motors specs)and u won't have issues.....as for suspension comp engin. Shocks front rear ,ss springs,snubber...cheap and effective my car hooks on the street and track 1.4 60 ft times

i dont understand the first part about the sending unit and the braided lines? run braided lines from fuel pump to carb? and all the nos lines? and for suspension, so my rear is good? whats snubber?

these? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cee-2620/overview/make/dodge/model/dart

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cee-2735/overview/make/dodge/model/dart

He said to get a sending unit that has a 3/8 fuel line. Then get a new fuel line at 3/8 from the sending unit to the engine bay, which ends at the fuel pump.
From the fuel Pump, use braided hose.

A fuel pump is an inexpensive part of the system that you should upgrade to.

A snubber is a stock rubber bumper on a steel plate bolted to the top front of the rear end that stops the nose of the center section from winding up to far. (As in pointing to far upwards.) the HP part is sold through MoPar and it is adjustable. The snubbers rubber bumper should be set to a height of 1 inch from the floor.

And yes, those tires.

All the NOS in the world won't help if you are spinning your wheels now.

Gears and suspension tuning. It should not be spinning now. Without hooking the rest won't do much. He should have beat you outright but if he's shifting it...

If your frying hell out of tires with a woreout
teen and that big of tire, you've got a lot of
suspension work that needs done before you
add more power.
Probably should buy yourself a book that explains
traction/handling theory first off.

Start with the adjustable pinion snubber and the MT tires. Spinning tires don't win races.

Couple cheap things also, the advance curve on distributor initial and total, and some collector extensions on the headers could help.

If your frying hell out of tires with a woreout
teen and that big of tire, you've got a lot of
suspension work that needs done before you
add more power.
Probably should buy yourself a book that explains
traction/handling theory first off.

Or go to the local library, they will order in
books for you to read.

Knowledge will make you faster than bolt on parts.

Rpm gap intake, the one you got is for gas mileage not performance, probably pick up 20hp and a 1000rpms of usable power that should tip the scale.

Get 90/10 shocks up front and 50/50's in the rear. That's what I've ran in the past and it makes a huge improvement in weight transfer. I run comp engineering that are 3 way adjustable so I can tweak street driving with strip racing.

He said to get a sending unit that has a 3/8 fuel line. Then get a new fuel line at 3/8 from the sending unit to the engine bay, which ends at the fuel pump.
From the fuel Pump, use braided hose.

A fuel pump is an inexpensive part of the system that you should upgrade to.

A snubber is a stock rubber bumper on a steel plate bolted to the top front of the rear end that stops the nose of the center section from winding up to far. (As in pointing to far upwards.) the HP part is sold through MoPar and it is adjustable. The snubbers rubber bumper should be set to a height of 1 inch from the floor.

And yes, those tires.

im lostt lol what sending unit?

-
Back