Ralleye wheel center cap - pearl white

-

68original

Got bourbon?
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok, so not in an A body, but it doesn't really matter since this could be an A body interior color combination.

I took a dark green center cap and converted it to pearl white to get close to the pearl white interior pieces in my 68 Sport Satellite. Rest of interior is burgundy. What do you think?

I don't think the center cap was ever available in pearl white, so figured I would give it a try.

IMG_1119.JPG

Ok, so not in an A body, but it doesn't really matter since this could be an A body interior color combination.

I took a dark green center cap and converted it to pearl white to get close to the pearl white interior pieces in my 68 Sport Satellite. Rest of interior is burgundy. What do you think?

I don't think the center cap was ever available in pearl white, so figured I would give it a try.

View attachment 1715212117
Looks good!

I think it would look better maroon to match the column.

I think it would look better maroon to match the column.

I thank 68original for being creative and willing to experiment . I’ve never thought of that, but saying it to myself I want to see it.

My 68 340-S is maroon and white-pearl interior. And maroon exterior with white top and white side stripe.

But I think it looks better in maroon since the column is only separated by the brushed nickel ring.

It doesn’t look bad in white though.

The picture makes it look better since the seats are directly in the background. But typically you see the maroon dash in the background.

Thanks for the feedback.
I'm still not completely sold myself, but its unique and no one else has one so thought I would give it a try.
One thing I did discover - install the emblem and then tape it off for painting. Pushing the emblem in afterwards marks up the paint.
I do like the way it matches up with the seats and door panels, even though the column is maroon.
I also have an original maroon one that I can switch back to if I get tired of the white.

68original, got any pictures of the whole interior.

Love these two tone Mopar interiors with white... green/white, blue/white, maroon/white, 70 e-body had a red/white even.

I’m not home this weekend but will take more pics and post next week. Im really starting to lean towards the white cap. If for no other reason than it’s unique and different.
I have a blue interior 68 Barracuda that I think I am going to change to white door panels and seats. I too like the two tone interiors to break it up a bit.

Its easy to change, just run it for a while and see what people think. I like it but the real person to please is yourself. Who cares what anyone else says. Mopars are always the standouts in a crowd just because of Maw Mopars crazy color combos.

-
Back