Rare '70 Dart GT on eBay

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was a great car to build.
The moldy interior turned me off though.
That's a very rare car......
Someone is going to end up with a great car though.

Wow, That's gonna be a nice car when someone restores it. Wish it was me but I'm tapped out after my 2 resto's

Wow there's some real d1cks and critics in here! I entered the info I was given about the the car when it was decoded. It's not like I'm trying to defraud anyone or make my car sound something it's not. ****..look at my opening (non-reserve) price. As for the "hi-output" 318, big deal.. I stated it has no engine or tranny anyway.

I thought some folks in here would be interested so I posted the auction link here...but now I remember why I haven't logged onto this site in such a long time.:thebirdm:

Why would you laugh at a FABO members car? You have a wagon....

I didn't laugh out of disrespect. I just think it sounds funny. They never made a high output 318 with the exception of later model police cars and such. And actually, I don't have a wagon. I HAD two of them but traded them off for a Cummins. It would be a cool car, not denying that. In fact, if it were closer and I had some available cash right now. I would be very interested in it.

I apologise for the ball busting you've received . I really don't believe any of it to be personal attacks ; just goofing on the idea of the motor's description :)

Dart GT's were made in 1970 and 1971 . It is an esoteric package ; fills the void between the Swinger 340 , the no-longer-made GT+S , and the then-new Challenger .

I can only imagine how beautiful that car would be when it's reborn !
Hell , throw a 340 in it with a Keisler 5 Speed ( the hard parts are already there : trans hump , pedals , etc. ) and some stiff gearing in the already-present 8.75" rear , and you've got yourself one sweet ride :)

looks like Bruce's car.....

If you're referring to "70-71 Dart GT Registry's" Bruce Budbill's car..yes, it does. I actually called him first (yesterday) as promised, when I decided to sell it. He's in very poor health however..please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

If you're referring to "70-71 Dart GT Registry's" Bruce Budbill's car..yes, it does. I actually called him first (yesterday) as promised, when I decided to sell it. He's in very poor health however..please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Yep that was what came to mind when I saw it, Good luck on the sale man and I apologize for the other's comments. I think you priced it right and it looks to be not too bad of condition.

Wow there's some real d1cks and critics in here! I entered the info I was given about the the car when it was decoded. It's not like I'm trying to defraud anyone or make my car sound something it's not. ****..look at my opening (non-reserve) price. As for the "hi-output" 318, big deal.. I stated it has no engine or tranny anyway.

I thought some folks in here would be interested so I posted the auction link here...but now I remember why I haven't logged onto this site in such a long time.:thebirdm:

If you put in a little clean-up effort, you'll get more $$$ for it....and more interest....thats all I was pointing out.

If you put in a little clean-up effort, you'll get more $$$ for it....and more interest....thats all I was pointing out.

Like this?
DartGTwithcleaninterior001.jpg

DartGTwithcleaninterior044.jpg

DartGTwithcleaninterior043.jpg

DartGTwithcleaninterior037.jpg

DartGTwithcleaninterior036.jpg

DartGTwithcleaninterior033.jpg

DartGTwithcleaninterior032.jpg

DartGTwithcleaninterior030.jpg

DartGTwithcleaninterior028.jpg

DartGTwithcleaninterior017.jpg

DartGTwithcleaninterior012.jpg

DartGTwithcleaninterior011.jpg

DartGTwithcleaninterior010.jpg

DartGTwithcleaninterior009.jpg

DartGTwithcleaninterior008.jpg

DartGTwithcleaninterior007.jpg

DartGTwithcleaninterior006.jpg

DartGTwithcleaninterior003.jpg

The added pictures definitely help, looks like a pretty decent start for a restoration.

As far as rare vs. valuable, I'd have to say the '70 and '71 GT's are fairly rare. But as far as valuable, not really. I'm surprised that the auction is already as high as it is. The Butterscotch '71 in my signature was purchased for less than what your auction is at now, and it had a complete matching numbers drivetrain, buildsheet, high impact color, and was almost 100% complete with absolutely 0 rust. Original CA car, still has the original paint on the ground side of the floorboards. Heck it ran (although badly, needs a rebuild) when I bought it.

The bronze '71 in my sig was more similar in condition to yours, 318 car with no drivetrain, rough interior (missing the front buckets), and with rust in the roof skin (although solid everywhere else). I picked it up for $800.

Don't get me wrong, I love the GT's. In '71 only about 1,255 were made, although there are no specific production #'s from the factory, just a percentage of total production. They have pretty cool options, and some interesting stories. But realistically, at least at the moment, they don't seem to be much more valuable than a non-GT from '70 or '71. That may change over time, but since most are only /6 cars, or 318's, its unlikely they'll demand big money even in the future.

The added pictures definitely help, looks like a pretty decent start for a restoration.

As far as rare vs. valuable, I'd have to say the '70 and '71 GT's are fairly rare. But as far as valuable, not really. I'm surprised that the auction is already as high as it is. The Butterscotch '71 in my signature was purchased for less than what your auction is at now, and it had a complete matching numbers drivetrain, buildsheet, high impact color, and was almost 100% complete with absolutely 0 rust. Original CA car, still has the original paint on the ground side of the floorboards. Heck it ran (although badly, needs a rebuild) when I bought it.

The bronze '71 in my sig was more similar in condition to yours, 318 car with no drivetrain, rough interior (missing the front buckets), and with rust in the roof skin (although solid everywhere else). I picked it up for $800.

Don't get me wrong, I love the GT's. In '71 only about 1,255 were made, although there are no specific production #'s from the factory, just a percentage of total production. They have pretty cool options, and some interesting stories. But realistically, at least at the moment, they don't seem to be much more valuable than a non-GT from '70 or '71. That may change over time, but since most are only /6 cars, or 318's, its unlikely they'll demand big money even in the future.

I'm leaving it up to the bidders to decide how valuable it is. ;-)

I'm leaving it up to the bidders to decide how valuable it is. ;-)

Of course! :D

I was just trying to be cautionary if you were thinking it was going to bring in "big bucks". The fact that it's a 3 speed car will definitely help you, both my cars are auto's.

It's too bad that there isn't more information about the '70 and '71 GT's. Bruce has done a great job by starting and keeping up the registry, but from a collector standpoint there still isn't a ton of information known about these cars. A lot of "mopar people" out there will still argue that they were never made! :violent1:

How come the Dart GT emblem is 6 inches from the door jam on the pass. side and 2 feet on the drivers side??...the fact its a 3-speed will hurt the price if it were a 4-speed whole different animal,,high output 318,that must have been a very very rare option..good luck with the sale though..

How come the Dart GT emblem is 6 inches from the door jam on the pass. side and 2 feet on the drivers side??...the fact its a 3-speed will hurt the price if it were a 4-speed whole different animal,,high output 318,that must have been a very very rare option..good luck with the sale though..

4 speeds were not available in the '70-'71 GT's, 3 speed manuals or auto's only. Also, all of these were floor shift, console cars with bucket seats. The 3 speed manual would be more desirable (and more rare), its a straight bolt up operation to change it to a 4 speed.

The GT package in '70 and '71 was a trim package, not a performance package. Most of them came with /6's. I don't believe you could get a 340 in them either.

As far as the 318 goes, the OP has already stated he just posted what the decoder said, some of them aren't terribly accurate. Not sure about the badges, they don't look to be in the same place but from the different angles and distances in the pictures its hard to tell. And I couldn't actually tell you if they were supposed to be in the same place to begin with, the '70 GT's used '69 GT badges, but I don't know if they used the same placement because of the body style change. '71 GT's had one year only GT trim on the rockers. Maybe Bruce will chime in with info on the '70's, I haven't actually seen one in person. Actually, other than the 2 I own, I've only seen one other '71 GT in person, the others I've seen have all been pictures on the 'net.

How come the Dart GT emblem is 6 inches from the door jam on the pass. side and 2 feet on the drivers side??

Look at the location where the quarter panels shoulder up and you can clearly see the emblems are located the same on both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back