Rat Style Muscle Cars

-
1683152386018.png

1683152466375.png

1683152540558.png

Wow. Thread back from the dead! Here's mine. It still needs a ton of work to be road worthy but I'm going to drive it like this for a while before thinking about body work.

DSCN1143.JPG

My car is half primered, peice of ****.....
As is it's not worth a picture.
But here ya go.
It's being transformed to a nice car.

0718211147.jpg

At my age, I'm considering just hitting my 68 Roadrunner with a gray scuff pad, shooting some satin clear on it and calling it good. It's about the 4th car down the line though....so we'll see!

BTW- that wrecked toyota celica next door belonged to a really hot young lady about my age.

...and her mom was even hotter!

Last edited:
Black int.

Bench seat, tuff wheel, hood pins, AC, 3.55 SG.

Great- now I gotta go scan FBMP to see if it is (and the lighting makes the int look green).

...unless you'd care to post a link?

I don't have Facebook. I just hijack the wife's every now and then lol. I seen it a week ago or so but it definitely had different wheels but looked very similar other wise and happened to be in FL. I'm in Wisconsin that's the only reason it jumped out at me.

My 68 Charger build. As found and a couple weeks ago. Working on a full stock car cage. Already has full tube frame bumper to bumper. 400, 4spd, 8.75. Patina paint to remain/match the new metal to the old stuff. It is also getting converted to C500 just for the purists.

20230402_165353.jpg

Resized952020092595154736.jpg

20230409_163932.jpg

You have a lock on that grill?
No I sure don’t. I’m a lot less worried about the grill getting stolen as I am a vehicle kicking up a rock that goes through it, or have a deer jump out in front of me.
I actually did have a deer run across the road RIGHT in front of me one night a few years ago. And when I say right in front I mean I missed it by less than a foot! It came out of the dark and shot past me before I even had a chance to react and get my foot on the brake! That would’ve made me downright sick!

No I sure don’t. I’m a lot less worried about the grill getting stolen as I am a vehicle kicking up a rock that goes through it, or have a deer jump out in front of me.
I actually did have a deer run across the road RIGHT in front of me one night a few years ago. And when I say right in front I mean I missed it by less than a foot! It came out of the dark and shot past me before I even had a chance to react and get my foot on the brake! That would’ve made me downright sick!
I can only imagine how worried you were about Bambi messing up the paint

EnragedEllipticalBordercollie-size_restricted.gif

I'm sorry call me a snob BUT I drove cars that looked like that when I was a teenager (80's) I ALWAYS dreamed of "someday" having the money to have a really nice old Mopar including the paint. I'm in my late 50's the dream has been realized. I just don't get the "patina" look??? Yea clear coat over rust??? I don't think so............

IMG_3362.JPG

Last edited:
I'd love to have it painted nicely, can't get anyone to do it and if you did it would be a unbelievable amount so, it will get a little touch up and stay like this

valiantoutsidesideshot.jpg

-
Back