Re-chromed or Re-popped

-

charger426

Reaction score
Anyone got a good place to do a chrome exchange for bumpers? I heard good things about Tr-City Chrome but they want $355 plus a core bumper. If thats the best option I guess thats where I will go but it sounds high.

Tri City did my Dart bumpers, great job, Lifetime warranty as long as you own car. That price is good, I got quotes for $600 each from local chrome businesses in Michigan. The repops have die marks on the edges, you can tell they are not original.

The repops have die marks on the edges, you can tell they are not original.

I just paid $283 shipped for my AMD front bumper from Summit. I didn't notice any die marks on it? Even if there is, I couldn't care less that it's not original. My car isn't going to be judged at Carlisle so I'm good with it.

I have both front and rear AMD bumpers on my valiant and both look great for a lot cheaper than having the originals rechromed.

Yeah AMD does a 70 Dart/ Valiant rear but not a 71 Dart. Sounds like I'm moving the right way with this, AMD front and re-chromed rear is the cheapest way to go.

I had the same question. Classic Industries have bumpers for a 65 Barracuda for 299. Less the the cost of re-plating. Tri-city has good quality from what i've been told, so which way do I go. As said before, mine isn't going to be judged except by me and a few local car guys.

No choice for some of us. 1973 Duster.... one-year-only bumpers. I would have bought new if I had a choice.

Dennis

I'm like you, not putting the car out there to be judge by anyone but me. Its my car and have never cared for it to be picked apart by judges or anyone for that matter. I mean I'm not even going to get with bumper guards with my new bumpers. Tri-City wanted $45 a piece to re-chrome them....i rather use the $180 on something else, but thats just me.

No choice for some of us. 1973 Duster.... one-year-only bumpers. I would have bought new if I had a choice.

Dennis

Life of being a Mopar guy I guess. A one year only chevy would still have 5 venders re making bumpers for half the price of our "high-volume" year Mopars.

Has anyone used the Classic Industry ones. Curious, I've seen Tri-City and they do look good. Classic Ind. has those for my 65 Barracuda at 299 each. I'm just looking at the catalog, Haven't seen these or even called to check availability. I do know Tri-City has these in stock.

I bought exchange bumpers from Tri city plating about 15 years ago. They still look great.

Has anyone used the Classic Industry ones. Curious, I've seen Tri-City and they do look good. Classic Ind. has those for my 65 Barracuda at 299 each. I'm just looking at the catalog, Haven't seen these or even called to check availability. I do know Tri-City has these in stock.

Classic Industry uses AMD. From what i've herd is they might be a little thinner steel than the OEM bumpers but unless you are going for 100pt restoration I don't think it maters. I'm buying an AMD front and getting ready to call Tri-City for my rear bumper.

Classic Industry uses AMD. From what i've herd is they might be a little thinner steel than the OEM bumpers but unless you are going for 100pt restoration I don't think it maters. I'm buying an AMD front and getting ready to call Tri-City for my rear bumper.

Classic Industries is offering up to 20% off on orders over $249 if you order before midnight PST Sunday, May 31st and use code MJA15.
Go for it!

The shipping is what kills the deal on the Classic Industries bumpers. Brings the price back up to almost exactly what Summit wants. Wait til you can get a 10% discount from Summit and the free shipping is what makes the deal.

The shipping is what kills the deal on the Classic Industries bumpers. Brings the price back up to almost exactly what Summit wants. Wait til you can get a 10% discount from Summit and the free shipping is what makes the deal.

100% correct. Looking for a code now....anyone have one?

The shipping is what kills the deal on the Classic Industries bumpers.

Ah, another benefit of living in SoCal. I place a phone order with Classic Industries, then drive over and pick the parts up.
I hope your Summit discount comes through quick for you.

I had the same question. Classic Industries have bumpers for a 65 Barracuda for 299. Less the the cost of re-plating. Tri-city has good quality from what i've been told, so which way do I go. As said before, mine isn't going to be judged except by me and a few local car guys.

I see they have bumpers for 67-69 Barracuda, but not for the 64-65, unless I'm missing something??

Tricity bumpers are very nice. I did get a Barracuda bumper from AMD it was so bad I would never buy another one without looking at it first. I sold it 100.00 it was that bad.

Tricity bumpers are very nice. I did get a Barracuda bumper from AMD it was so bad I would never buy another one without looking at it first. I sold it 100.00 it was that bad.

Interesting, I'm going to give them a shot and order thorough Summit. If I have a problem with them I'm sure Summit will make it right.

Mine is still sitting in the box, but I've had it out twice now to show it to some buddys and no one noticed any problems.

-
Back