Re-pin vs splice

-

Sinister.

Reaction score
I will be running a 5.7 with a megasquirt harness and MS3 comp. My question is, can you get new pins to re-pin the factory plugs? And is it worth it to do so?
Also, does anybody have a lead on replacement plugs? The ones for my oil sensor and crank sensor seem to have disappeared...

I work at a dealership and order the parts for the body shop. Sometimes when the cars are hit they destroy the wiring connectors. Some manufactures you can get these seperate, others want to sell a whole harness. Here is a link to a company we use to get wiring ends. Not sure they will have what you need and I think they are a bit pricey but they are cheaper than harness's and sometimes thats all insurance companies care about ....

http://www.aeromotive.us/

ALW

I found a few different websites with various styles of connectors a while back that I think someone was kind enough to post, but I'd have to check when I get home. I don't know if they had any factory Mopar stuff or not, but you know that the OEM's have to buy them from someone since I highly doubt they make them in house. The trick is just finding out which company (Deutsch is a popular one), and then seeing if you can find a place that sells to individuals and not a company.

Do you have a full harness? Or is it in pieces? I think I may have two harnesses laying around. I would have to go digging in the gerage. But I could cut a plug off or send you the full harness. In your case though I would honestly see about building a plug that you can separate the factory harness from the MS harness. The injector/coil pack harness in the ram already has a plug on one end. Getting the mate to it should be fairly simple. Then splice the MS harness to it. Then both would be separate. and it's way easier than dealing with one huge harness. If that makes any sence. But let me look and see what I have. If you want just a pigtail for the missing sensors I'll send them to you. If you want the whole harness it's yours for $100 plus shipping. (that is assuming I have it, I can have it shipped on Thursday)

Ok I have a complete harness (100% uncut) looks like it's from a car the part number on it is 56051160AB if you wanna cross reference it.

I do have a big box of other harnesses out of an 04 ram. But it's not accessible. It's the complete under hood harnesses out of my old truck that was smashed in the rear. So I have what you need. It's just a matter of witch one.

I have an 03 harness from a Ram which is missing the plug that connects to one of the connectors on the intake manifold. But the plugs you need should be on there. I'd sell the whole harness for $60+shipping. Other then that I'd say try a salvage yard. Some of those connectors are common across models.

-
Back