Real important emergency question. Help! Help!

-
The blue and red wasn't used in 1970, sounds like someone put ones from a early model in it, may not even be mopar, sounds more like they may be from a studebaker or a nash, I think some guy in catmandu is reproducing them but I heard the quality ain't as good, you will be better off finding good used originals , I think some guy in south America has some in his junkyard but he's hard to deal with, hes only open on the 2nd Tuesday of the week.

My brother bought some from that guy for his 66 Rambler. He's in Costa Rica and bought out the leftovers when they closed the assembly plant. Like you said, he's really hard to get ahold of.

Either color will work on the 66 Rambler, but they quit using them until 1970 and I think they might have been changed.

Good luck with your search.

No.
upload_2019-11-24_14-58-27.jpeg

We are not in Kansas anymore and past the point of no return on this.

upload_2019-11-24_14-59-0.jpeg

I have 3 of what you need. But they’re in my other storage unit. My Bro in law has the key and I can only access it on the 2nd Saturday after the 3rd Sunday of the 4th and 7th months in odd years. But I will let you know next time we go... :thumbsup: :D

Did you do a google search before you came here and asked such a silly question? Told you. You can down load a free service manual and it has all the information you need.

and split the difference. Then later, when you have time, just loosen the bolts and rotate the vial,until it reads the same coming as going.
Its sorta like fixing the daym square you've been using all these years and nothing ever comes out right. Or the stinking table saw that cuts nothing but wedges,binds up, and every board gets at least one burned edge.
Or like the weatherman; he can't get the day right if he's having his morning coffee on the porch looking at it. How does that guy live with himself being wrong every single day of the year. My wife's knees are more accurate,sheesh! Well, being wrong 100% of the time must be worth something.........
Or like the micrometer in your sidebox that is 2/10s off, but if you leave it on the bench, then it's only a tenth off,lol.
As to the POs original question, I doubt it matters but I buy only the softest white stuff, cuz my azz is worth it.

It depends, are you going for a concourse restoration?

I didn't read the whole thread so I apologize if I don't have all of the information but this is what I have to contribute to the situation...
e437931f198bb11a63e02ef556c68d96.jpg

On a 1970 the red one operates the siren and the blue one operates the emergency lights. There is also a black wire coiled under the dash. Never ever touch that one as that operates the ejector seat. Ask me how I know.

Last edited:
Thats just one I took a pic of. We told the building "We'll tag at demarc, your on your own" after my boss saw that. It was a contractor maintained riser for years.

You gotta go with 18 or 20 inch rims. Or the stance is just wrong.

Always cut the green wire unless its a fail open circuit then cut the red but did they wire it backwards????

-
Back