Rear end problem help

-
Monday I'll be able to knock it out fast but the green bearings that the guy insisted on sending for free showed up.

I wouldn't waste my time and effort changing the bearings, I don't believe for a second that will cure the problem. Just my 2 pennies. The pattern is probably a little off and allowing the howl on the coast side is my guess. Also there are some gear manufacturers that had issues with howling, this has been a few years ago this was discussed.

I wouldn't waste my time and effort changing the bearings, I don't believe for a second that will cure the problem. Just my 2 pennies. The pattern is probably a little off and allowing the howl on the coast side is my guess. Also there are some gear manufacturers that had issues with howling, this has been a few years ago this was discussed.

It won't. That guy is trying to get out of makin it good. That's all there is to it. Howl on accel or decel is ALWAYS the pinion gear depth. Whether it's caused by a bad bearing, loose pinion nut, or "whatever", that's what it is. Every. Single. Time.

It won't. That guy is trying to get out of makin it good. That's all there is to it. Howl on accel or decel is ALWAYS the pinion gear depth. Whether it's caused by a bad bearing, loose pinion nut, or "whatever", that's what it is. Every. Single. Time.
Wasn’t there a thread on this where the guy changed the axle bearings and all is good now. Same kinda issue. Kim

Wasn’t there a thread on this where the guy changed the axle bearings and all is good now. Same kinda issue. Kim

I dont remember that. I guess anything's possible but I dont see how in this case.

-
Back