Rebuilt Edelbrock, yea or nay

-
AC14AFC4-EF41-44C0-B4E0-753BF2D00A07.jpeg
E7A4E905-7637-441F-BA9E-4F60865D6F53.jpeg
C19A73FE-D6A4-46E7-8EF0-28E15A835969.jpeg
E246C01D-E076-4B2E-B608-A7013206CBB7.jpeg
FE41F5BD-C2CE-441B-977F-839AC39A80E3.jpeg
6207EC20-C15F-4455-93D9-39511B92F086.jpeg
I went home from work and grabbed the carb. Fresh from my garage, here are some pics. This was on an engine I bought years ago. I never even looked at it. Just put it in the parts box. It looks like it has never been run. @RandyB it looks like you’ll be in good shape. Even has an electric choke.

View attachment 1715584093 View attachment 1715584094 View attachment 1715584095 View attachment 1715584096 View attachment 1715584097 View attachment 1715584098 I went home from work and grabbed the carb. Fresh from my garage, here are some pics. This was on an engine I bought years ago. I never even looked at it. Just put it in the parts box. It looks like it has never been run. @RandyB it looks like you’ll be in good shape. Even has an electric choke.
Omg!!!!
Believe me, I WILL promise to pay it forward!!
Love these groups and I’ll never go into another forum except this one ever ever ever again!!
Seriously, I can’t wait!! It will be GREAT!

image.jpg
After a quick bath in my hot tank it looks factory fresh. Even has a shine still on it.

View attachment 1715584099 After a quick bath in my hot tank it looks factory fresh. Even has a shine still on it.
Awesome!!
I can’t wait!!
You can’t imagine how it feels to have brothers like you and others I’ve found on this forum!
I had four sisters growing up but no brothers!
Mind you now, it was nice having my sisters girlfriends around though!!

Ok I’ll send the carb if you send me some of your sisters friends.
Fair trade brother!
I’m 61
My sisters are 64, 62, 58, and 56
Lol all but one married but for you, I’ll ship which ever one you want!! but not the one by my Barracuda, that’s my rock!

2EDB5B0E-F6C0-4C3D-8781-E919E5C672AB.jpeg

962A7F23-C254-47E0-BFD9-48513E6C2086.jpeg

Fair trade brother!
I’m 61
My sisters are 64, 62, 58, and 56
Lol all but one married but for you, I’ll ship which ever one you want!! but not the one by my Barracuda, that’s my rock!

View attachment 1715584109

View attachment 1715584110
If I send you two carburetors do I get two sisters!? LOL. (just joking extremely happily married)..
Personally I'd probably just throw that carburetor on or maybe just clean it out with a little carb cleaner and see if it's not a runner out of the box...

Awesome!!
I can’t wait!!
You can’t imagine how it feels to have brothers like you and others I’ve found on this forum!
I had four sisters growing up but no brothers!
Mind you now, it was nice having my sisters girlfriends around though!!
Wait just one dog gone minute! Is that a FORD coffee cup on the top of the picture? Please tell us you use that cup for things like broken springs and stuff

I didn’t mean send sisters. I meant their friends. Lol. I’ll try to get to ups to ship this thing today. If not I’ll get there tomorrow.

Wait just one dog gone minute! Is that a FORD coffee cup on the top of the picture? Please tell us you use that cup for things like broken springs and stuff

Yes it is. I have lots of old cars. And not all of them are mopars. My darts are my favorite but I like em all. I currently have two fords. A 64 galaxy big block 4 speed and a 63 falcon with a turbocharged Honda v6.

My son bought an amazon ultrasonic cleaner for his jet ski carbs. Works nicely, but it is not big enough for a 4 barrel. Don’t know that I can justify buying one that big.
Just buy a large crock pot, use simple green and water, boil it.
It will come clean, just don't leave it in too long, it will strip the finish off.

Just buy a large crock pot, use simple green and water, boil it.
It will come clean, just don't leave it in too long, it will strip the finish off.

Interesting, Simple green is what we use in ultrasonic. I wonder how much better it does than just a crock pot?

Oops, I should have watched this thread a little closer since I responded early. It turned into a wanted/sale thread. Nice to help a guy out but a sale transaction shouldn't happen in a regular thread. If we have to go back and find it because of an issue it is impossible to find.

Oops, I should have watched this thread a little closer since I responded early. It turned into a wanted/sale thread. Nice to help a guy out but a sale transaction shouldn't happen in a regular thread. If we have to go back and find it because of an issue it is impossible to find.
Oh, sorry about that. We did have a private conversation I think. Blame me, I’m not too savvy on these forums. Sorry again Sir

Na there will be no problems. It’s a freebie thread. Sorry @toolmanmike if it would have been easier to give away I would have done it. I’m just glad Randy will use it and gain some carb knowledge and experience.

Oh, sorry about that. We did have a private conversation I think. Blame me, I’m not too savvy on these forums. Sorry again Sir
You're still learning. Someone offered to help you out and that's what we like to do here. Someone paid it forward to you. You will be able to pay it forward to someone else sometime.

You're still learning. Someone offered to help you out and that's what we like to do here. Someone paid it forward to you. You will be able to pay it forward to someone else sometime.
Yes sir!! That’s what it’s all about!
And in times like these, it’s nice a brotherhood like this is still around!

-
Back