Rebuilt Edelbrock, yea or nay

-
Ok now we need puppy pictures as well.
Just got home! Puppy first, sorry

4D22CDBD-7A22-4459-B360-533D8E131798.jpeg

1AC79E90-9C12-4250-8786-B1F540C4981F.jpeg

9F23CF4B-BA28-488B-8ACB-A3EEE3FF0269.jpeg

35438249-7E87-4E78-8DE2-4ECD6A4F0C04.jpeg

The "rebuilt" Edelbrock s are simply returns that can't be resold as new. They go thru QC to be sure they are good then get boxed and sold as rebuilt

Looks like you got the throttle adapter too.

...and a choke. That might come in handy in WI.

My car needs the choke, even in 90+ degree FL.

@RandyB any updates? Is the car running yet?
:poke:
Sorry but with the new puppy training work 50 hours a week, plans for a 2 1/2 car garage in the works, new flooring for kitchen, living room AND dinning room. I’ve only started to clean up the carburetor. Still have to get the transmission back in, intake and valve covers to clean up and repaint, And a ton of other stuff before I can get it running. But life is good!

Sorry but with the new puppy training work 50 hours a week, plans for a 2 1/2 car garage in the works, new flooring for kitchen, living room AND dinning room. I’ve only started to clean up the carburetor. Still have to get the transmission back in, intake and valve covers to clean up and repaint, And a ton of other stuff before I can get it running. But life is good!

Sounds like a full plate. Know how you feel. I added a boat to my project list recently because I needed more stuff to work on (nope) and put everything else on hold. But you’re correct life is good. Keep us in the loop when you get to it.

Sounds like a full plate. Know how you feel. I added a boat to my project list recently because I needed more stuff to work on (nope) and put everything else on hold. But you’re correct life is good. Keep us in the loop when you get to it.
Roger that Sir!

Well, I finally set aside time to get that Edelbrock torn down and cleaned up!
I tore it down one part at a time and 1st, checked the gasket of each part to make sure they are in good shape. Everything is good. I cleaned each part with Q-tips and carb cleaner. Then put part back together. I made sure all ports and places where gas goes through is clear of any obstructing particles, all clear! I did replace the Accelerator pump even though the ‘old one’ looked okay.
Well here are some pictures of my project.
And thank you all for the help, and to TT5.9mag for the Carburetor

A1765B2F-10D4-459B-A348-210F62AD297A.jpeg

97488158-E3D1-4013-B92D-D9B6D060DBB6.jpeg

23814EED-009E-4C3E-9C82-4AC9FBA2D613.jpeg

0EE26B77-54AE-47D6-B926-162B466799B1.jpeg

3B54A344-292B-423A-8E42-A3C12D1CF685.jpeg

Nice work. Glad you’re finally getting some time to work on it. From the pics it looks like there was some crud in the bowls. Hopefully you got that all cleaned up. It’s probably leftover crap from my hot tank.

Nice work. Glad you’re finally getting some time to work on it. From the pics it looks like there was some crud in the bowls. Hopefully you got that all cleaned up. It’s probably leftover crap from my hot tank.
That’s what it looked like. But got in it really good. And by the way, I STILL have to get you the cash for shipping. Which is top of the list, I didn’t want you to think I forgotten

No hurry, I was waiting till Christmas when you send my Christmas card.
:lol:

Not good. Still cleaning it out and not doing a half *** job. realizing I didn’t do a through job, I’m taking it apart again. I forgot the metering jets!! Back to square one and taking them out and cleaning

61E5139B-4EA2-4119-9882-83BFAE16C152.jpeg

725EB77A-779D-4DFF-8731-AF1AE01DA19B.jpeg

That looks like a lot of corrosion.

Soak and scrub.

Ugh.

I'd blow air/cleaner through the passages, esp the pump squirters.

That looks like a lot of corrosion.

Soak and scrub.

Ugh.

I'd blow air/cleaner through the passages, esp the pump squirters.
Yup! I guess I will do it right this time, Picking up some compressed air and a better brunch to redo it. I’m just always in such a damn rush getting things done. I’d rather do it now than have to take it off and redo it after finding out something is plugged because of my inattentive nature

I used to have a sign above my tool box when I worked for Pontiac that read
“Do you want it done right, or do you want it done right now?” I think that applies here. Take your time and be methodical, see it as a learning process and you will be rewarded when you’re finished.

Do you think they rebuild carburetors in the back room at O'Reilly?
We used to rebuild carbs in the back room at the speed shop I managed back in the day. 500 2 barrel Holleys can be taken apart in about 5 min.

-
Back