Status
Not open for further replies.

AMC PackRat

Kind of a mopar guy. ;-)
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm kind of a PackRat so if I want to look into buying an A body project this spring I probably have to make a little room and come up with some spare cash. :D I think I have about 300 bumpers laying around still and probably 100 of them are Mopar bumpers. I sold about 200 bumpers on eBay before I got fed up with their fees under the name amc-packrat and had a perfect 100% feedback rating for about 7 years. Some of you guys might already have bought bumpers from me in the past. ;-) I'm located in Dixon, Illinois (about 2 hours West of Chicago) if you want to pick up or I can ship most anywhere by FedEx. Anyways, here's a little idea of what I have and general pricing on things if anybody is interested.

Prices vary from $50 - $150 for some of the cores I have - I think I have 72 and 73 Dart Sport/Duster rears, 70-72 Dart/Demon/Scamp fronts, and 70-72 Cuda fronts and rears.

On rechromes prices are generally from $150-$250 on average - some of the rarer ones can go for quite a bit more, though.

A bodies - I have a 65 Dart rear (sold - pending pmt) and several fronts and rears for 73-76 A bodies including Dart Swingers, Dart Sports, Dusters, Demons, Valiants, and Scamps. I don't have any 67-72 A body rechromes left (sorry).

B bodies - I have a 66-67 (sold - pending pmt-SW Forum) and a 71-73 B body wagon bumpers, 70 and 72 Charger fronts, 72 Satellite/Roadrunner rear, a few 75-78 Charger/Cordoba fronts and rears, 75-76 Fury/Roadrunner front and rear, and a front and rear bumper for 71-72 4 door Satellite I think. I don't have any 66-70 B body rechromes left (except what's stated).

C bodies - Quite a few of these from as far back as 65 up to 72 I think. I don't have em all but ask and I might have one(Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth).

E bodies - No rechromes left.

F bodies - I have fronts and rears for 76-77 Aspen and R/Ts and Volare/Roadrunners and a couple Diplomat rears (not sure - are those M bodies???)

No offense meant, but I've found that a large percentage of internet guys I've dealt with are basically tire-kickers or are expecting NOS for a nickel. Most of these are very nice older rechromes but they aren't $2000 show chromed bumpers so if that's what you're looking for you'll have to look elsewhere. Please don't waste my time if you aren't really interested - it takes a lot of time to locate and dig these out of storage, clean and take pics, do pms, figure shipping costs, etc., etc., etc. . . . . . I also have a lot of GM, Ford, Mercury, and AMC bumpers from the 70s if you're looking for anything like that (mostly late 60s to mid 70s). If you have a genuine interest in something, let me know and I'll see what I have. :thumleft:

OK, here's the reason I found this place - I had to get a couple pics up for MikeSS68. The first one is a 72 Dart and the second one is for a 73 (NOS).

Attachments

• 000_5721.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,413
  • 000_5722.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,408
do you do the rechroming? if so, can i ship you a set to redo?

do you do the rechroming? if so, can i ship you a set to redo?

Nope - I guess I left that out of the first post. :???:

OK - #1 - I don't rechrome bumpers so I only have the ones I have left and the occasional ones I buy at swap meets, business closures, and from other people's collections.

#2 - I generally don't do core exchanges or have a core charge - I may take a core locally or at a swap meet, though.

#3 - I only have the one 73 Dart rear bumper and Mike has first dibbs on it - otherwise it will be for sale.

#4 - I might accept trades but I'm only in the market for AMC and Shelby Dakota parts at the moment.

Thanks for the questions - I knew I'd forget something. :glasses8:

Looking for a front rechromed bumper for 74 duster. also a rear bumper if you have one shipped to 18641 PA.

Thanks for your time

I'm looking for a rear bumper for a 1962 valiant station Wagon, and the front and rear bumpers for a 1938 Dodge RC pickup :)

Wow, I thought I explained pretty well what I had left. :rolleyes:

Let's see . . . .

My70B - the 72 Dart in the pic you'll have to wait and see what Matt says first. If he doesn't buy it and nobody pmd me before you about it you're next in line.

DibsDuster - I probably still have both of these - I'll pm you tomorrow sometime about what I come up with.

Swing69 - can't help you - no 67-72 rechromed A body bumpers left.

Dartcuda1 - I do have AMC parts but not a 74 Hornet front fender - I prolly have a front bumper though. :thumleft:

Daredevil - Only thing I have for a 66 B body is for a station wagon (rear). A guy's interested in that on the wagon forum, though.

38 Dodge - Yer kiddin, right??? ;) Good luck finding any of those - you'll probably have to find used ones and have them plated yourself. Neat truck, by the way.

Yes I was just messing with you but I do need the fenders listed so if anyone just happens to have them laying around in the yard, garage, shop, or house I'll take them

You didn't say you had them but if you find some in your stash I'm interested in '64 Barracuda front & rear rechromed bumpers.

Sorry, can't help you there - I think the only pre-70 A body bumper I have left is the 65 Dart rear one. 8-[ Kinda surprised nobody wants that for 200 bucks. Most of the 60s bumpers went pretty quick at swap meets, Craigslist, and eBay. I do still have some neat 66 and earlier A body interior odds and ends I'll probably throw up here when I get time, though. ;-)

Welp - gotta go find the 74 Duster bumpers I said I had - later. :smile:

OK folks, here's a list of the rechromed A body bumpers I have for sale after taking inventory. Must have sold a few more than I thought at the swaps last summer.

65 Dart rear (1) (sold-pending pmt)

72 Dart Swinger rear (1) still negotiating with Mike (see pic above)

73 Dart Swinger rear (1)

73 Dart Sport/Duster rear (1) forgot I had that one

74-76 Duster (late 74) front (1)

74-76 Dart (late74) front (1)

74-75 Dart Sport/Duster rear (3)

76 Dart/Valiant rear (1) hard top model

You guys probably know how hard it is to tell these bumpers apart but I do have a plater's guide and I'm pretty sure I got the IDs right on these. ;-)

I'll try to get a couple pics up tonight on the 74 Duster bumpers DibsDuster.

Sorry, can't help you there - I think the only pre-70 A body bumper I have left is the 65 Dart rear one. 8-[ Kinda surprised nobody wants that for 200 bucks. Most of the 60s bumpers went pretty quick at swap meets, Craigslist, and eBay. I do still have some neat 66 and earlier A body interior odds and ends I'll probably throw up here when I get time, though. ;-)

Welp - gotta go find the 74 Duster bumpers I said I had - later. :smile:

I need at least 2 odds and 3 ends for my 64....

It's mostly little trinkets like window/door handles, arm rests, emblems, and some back end stuff from a 66 Barracuda I parted a few years ago. Better than the usual swap meet junk, though. ;-)

Thanks PackRat for your time. Pm me a price your looking for with shipping for both to 18641 Pa and condition you feel the chromes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back