Red Headed Stepchild-75 Swinger LSX Swap

-
Got lots of stuff in today.

About 32 feet of 6an braided line, 6 fittings, a set of plug wires, new thermostat housing and 186 degree thermostat also got some spark plug heat shields.
346b1no.jpg

Indodnt get quote as much done as I'd hoped due to trying to figure out routing for fuel line, and then it pouring down raining shortly after I made some progress. Not a whole lot of pictures unfortunately as I was a little agitated.

1. I got the shifter hard mounted with the new nuts and bolts I picked up from home depot. I recommend doing this before installing the trans if anyone else does this lol. I just happened to throw the trans and all in before thinking about it.
2. I got the shifter cable adjusted and tightened up. Shifts through the years just fine now.
3. I got the fuel lines measured out and the route setup for them. I made the return side line and started the supply line.
4. Found a new place to mount my fuel pressure regulator that's a little more easily accessed.
5. Got the power steering pressure line finished up.

That's about it. Not as much as I would have liked but progress is progress.

Well I got a little bit more done today. Not a massive amount but steady progress is fine with me.

Powersteering pressure hose and return hose are done.
29wmq8x.jpg

Here are pics of the cable setup from yesterday, after I got the shifter bolted down. I didnt like how the cable hung lower in the rear so I took a piece of aluminum i had laying around and used it to hold up the cable and keep everything in place. Led to much better shifts inside the car.
3wgzr.jpg

qy5nk4.jpg

Got the trans cooler in place and lines plumbed havent secured it to the rad yet because I'm waiting on my fans to come in.
j7ymis.jpg

Got the fpr mounted today. Feed line to the fuel rail from the fpr is finished and connected, as well as the supply line from the tank, and return line to the tank. Its not the most ideal spot but it allows for full functionality and is easy to get to for setup/adjustment. Just gotta lean a little to read the gauge. Small price to pay. And better than where i was thinking before on the firewall above the bulkhead connectors.
1124h2d.jpg

20pxd1d.jpg

My intake and filter showed up today and well. Sorry no pics of that.

I bet you could find a 45 degree elbow for that pressure gauge that would make it more visible

Didnt get a ton done today. Kids wanted ro be in the pool and I needed to workout.

But I did get all the old fuel lines removed from the passenger side since all my new lines are on driver side.
Got the access cover marked so I can cut the panel out tomorrow for easy access to the fuel pump if need be. Got the starter wired up, and some of my nasty mess cleaned out from under the car. Right now wiring is the bain of my existence.

Current situation.
2k0n52.jpg

2k0n52.jpg

Last edited:
Well I got some more done today after being at the pool with the kids for 4 hours.

Fuel tank is finally up and in place. Supply and return lines are hooked up. Pos/negative cables are extended long enough for me to continue forward with.
2pzxifp.jpg

1t78cy.jpg

e1b7ur.jpg

Great project !

BTW those trans cooler lines are in a collision area with the ground or squirrels , Ya might want to turn the cooler 90* and bring the lines in next to the radiator.

j7ymis.jpg

Didnt have much time for the dart this week. But i got the dual 12 inch fans in the mail. A plan to homemaker my own fan shroud for them. Ordered my ict billet battery tray for the trunk and battery relocation kit.

Gonna try and get the fuel side done and the car back on the ground this week. Then address the wiring as I can.

Got the diff refilled yesterday, got the filler neck back into the gas tank and got it all tightened down and filled halfway up with gas. Put the manifolds back on and tightened down.

Fan shroud project.

Started off with one of these drip pans for like 10.99 instead of paying 100+ for someone else's shroud.
25h2vmc.jpg

Plenty big enough.
29dei51.jpg

Hoping this will work out and this pan aluminum wont be too thin.
331n4lz.jpg

Added some 1/2" square tubing/trim on top and bottom to secure it to the radiator. Then some 1/2" aluminum angle on the sides to somewhat seal it and it also puts it 1/2" off the radiator rather than just having them sit on it.
et62aw.jpg

Just have to run the ties through the rad and secure it and the trans cooler then fill em up and see how it goes. I may add some type of sealer around the edges considering it pinched a little bit when cutting. That way it pulls the air through more efficiently and it doesnt just leak through all over.

T Minus - HOW MUCH FREAKIN LONGER!!!!!!!!

The anticipation is KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

T Minus - HOW MUCH FREAKIN LONGER!!!!!!!!

The anticipation is KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL
Working on it man. This triple digit heat and kids wanting to go to the swimming pool is taking alot of time away from the dart. I'm plugging along.

Got the diff refilled yesterday, got the filler neck back into the gas tank and got it all tightened down and filled halfway up with gas. Put the manifolds back on and tightened down.

Fan shroud project.

Started off with one of these drip pans for like 10.99 instead of paying 100+ for someone else's shroud.
View attachment 1715194513
Plenty big enough.
View attachment 1715194514
Hoping this will work out and this pan aluminum wont be too thin.
View attachment 1715194515
Added some 1/2" square tubing/trim on top and bottom to secure it to the radiator. Then some 1/2" aluminum angle on the sides to somewhat seal it and it also puts it 1/2" off the radiator rather than just having them sit on it.
View attachment 1715194516
Just have to run the ties through the rad and secure it and the trans cooler then fill em up and see how it goes. I may add some type of sealer around the edges considering it pinched a little bit when cutting. That way it pulls the air through more efficiently and it doesnt just leak through all over.
I hope that leaves enough space behind the fins to extract the air. I heard taurus and intrepid dual fans work well, and have built in shrouds.

I hope that leaves enough space behind the fins to extract the air. I heard taurus and intrepid dual fans work well, and have built in shrouds.
I was looking at and measuring for a Taurus or mark viii fan but came up short on space.

Last edited:
If it gets too hot that way, you could always put a set of pusher fans on the front instead.

If it gets too hot that way, you could always put a set of pusher fans on the front instead.
Yea that was another idea. or getting better quality fans with a higher cfm rating. These match what the factory rated for the z06 corvette, which is what the radiator came out of. So as long as my shroud it 3/4 as good as the stock plastic one I should be ok since the z06 had the more hopped up motor making a little more power then my little ls7 cammed 4.8 with an big boy intake and throttle body.

Got the rad setup done and in. Just need one more piece to secure it to the core support up top, and then wiring.
16lw75v.jpg

Also got my battery mount in for the trunk. Of course another ict billet piece. They should have just sponsored me lol.
1zykaiw.jpg

Didnt get a ton done but progress is progress.

Tank is fully tightened down now and all the fuel lines and filter a securely mounted, rad is in, heater hoses are on and rad hoses are on and the rad is half filled. Lol. Gotta get more water. And I soldered in the map plug and oil pressure sensor pigtail in finally. With these manifolds being as tight as they are I had to lift the coil pack up on the passenger side to get it to clear for now, at least to test fire it. But I may go remote mount coils in the future.

1yls8n.jpg

Most of what I did today wasnt sexy enough for pics. But I got all the wiring done on the fuel tank/pump/sending unit side. So I can finally lower the rear end back down on the ground.

Got some of the front harness tucked down and out of the way and kinda of have a placement for the ecu(top right). Would obviously have to make a mount that's more contoured to the ECU rather than just screwing it into the fenderwell. Or possibly option 2, and move it Into the cab and mount it between the shifter and the firewall or try to make a cover for it, or option 3, make a mount to hide it under the dash. Also have the relay/fuse box centered and above the intake mani, would have to make amount for that to.
zj8mft.jpg

I also got the old pedal pulled and brainstorming ideas on mounting for the new one.
2zqsbvt.jpg

Here is the expansion tank I'm going to try and use, its from the chevy cruze and is much more space friendly than the giant corvette one.
2ag99wo.jpg

Also got my trunk battery rewire kit in the mail today so that's a plus.

Going to try to have her ready to test fire this weekend Prican, that ok? Lol

Last edited:
-
Back