Reluctant A Body owner

-
Welcome to FABO!!! Your reluctance will turn to love once the weather breaks and you get to enjoy that Dart, trust me.

Can't believe nobody else noticed the CAP tubular control arms!!! <<< duckin behind the Cuda now >>> Layberly, if you're a brave soul do a search on this forum for CAP ... but grab something to drink first because you'll be reading for awhile. :-D

Best of luck with the new car!

What the C'Chick said about CAP. Get yourself a stout drink, search the forums here, and have a wastebasket near.
Once you get to really drive that car, your reluctance will turn to A-body love! It was an A-body which turned my diehard Ford truck/AMC car guy father into a Mopar man.
Welcome to FABO! Thanks for the pics.

Whitedawg: This is the one that was on ebay from North Dakota. I know what you are saying about shipping because I do buy quite a few cars on ebay but I try to keep within 250 miles of home.

The big problem that I see about Mopars is the price of restoration parts. Seat covers for almost $1000? Headliner and sail panels for $350? Wow! I'm used to Mustang/Nova/Camaro parts that seem to be a LOT less. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right spots. Even though, I do think this might be kind of fun. I've had/built a lot of street rods but I haven't had a true muscle car since 1970 ('65 Ford Falcon Futura 2 door with a HiPo 289).

Legendary Auto Interiors has sales periodically (10%-15% off) for your seat covers, door panels, etc., and StockInteriors.com has a fairly good carpet selection for A Body Mopars. You can also look through the For Sale posts here on FABO ... you never know what you're going to find.

Nice car..........the price of the parts is worth it, not enough of these around.

The big problem that I see about Mopars is the price of restoration parts.

Yeah, it's a *****, but when you're at a car show and there are no other cars like your's, it's worth it. It makes it tougher for us Mopar guys, but it also makes us stick together and help each other out.

Yeah, it's a *****, but when you're at a car show and there are no other cars like your's, it's worth it. It makes it tougher for us Mopar guys, but it also makes us stick together and help each other out.

Yes! There is a brotherhood here. Many guys will bend over backwards to help each other out.This is a great sight for this and many other reasons. The people here actually care about the hobby and each other,perhaps because we are a rare breed.

Sorry to gush,but as soon as I have a few bucks to spare Im gonna pony up for my gold membership again. This sight and it's folks are worth it!

-
Back