removing 68 dart convertible rear panels?

-

Sdriche

Reaction score
I'm trying to remove the rear panels from a 68 dart convertible. I have the 3 screws at the top off, the one round button for the top cover, the window handle off, and there is still something holding it on. Any advice on next steps? I don't want to break anything. Thanks.

If you mean the armrest panels...

Here is a link to photos I took while top replacement.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/soqZXhaUDYVyKc2v6

Remove the rear seat, bottom and back.

On the floor board there is a braket that screws into the armrests. And one that screws into the rear brace.

IMG_20200308_132847.jpg
IMG_20200308_135110.jpg

I for got to mention that you need to remove the sill plates too.
20190505_151629~3.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, you must remove the seat and see where the bracket is screwed to the floor...

Thanks. I do have the seat removed I have all the highlighted areas disconencted including the rear bracket. It feels like it's connected in the middle somehow. Your picture looks like the top section of the panel is removed but the bottom in connected. Does this come off in 2 pieces?

i just went out to garage using your pictures. There is a silver metal window felt at the top. Does that come off with the panel or does the panel slide into it? I think that may be what's holding it in. Thanks!!

Thanks. I do have the seat removed I have all the highlighted areas disconencted including the rear bracket. It feels like it's connected in the middle somehow. Your picture looks like the top section of the panel is removed but the bottom in connected. Does this come off in 2 pieces?
It is one piece, this might be an obvious comment, it might be hanging on the window crank mechanism

All the screws including the top 3 are removed. No screws are holding it on. The silver metal felt strip seems to be the hang up. Feels like it's connected to the car vs to the panel and isn't budging. Not a crank hold up either. I'll try and rolling the window up a bit and see if that frees it up. I'm stumped

I remember. The top black plastic is slid under the top chrome. Pull inward so it comes out from under it. Sorry it's been a while since I had mine off.

-
Back