replacing the floors - 66 dart

-
so i have googled, eBay, etc. ABS, still the only supplier i have found for an OEM made in usa style floor pan.

any last tips before i buy a set of front and rear pans? too bad nobody sells a complete floor for the early a.

so i have googled, eBay, etc. ABS, still the only supplier i have found for an OEM made in usa style floor pan.

any last tips before i buy a set of front and rear pans? too bad nobody sells a complete floor for the early a.

Couldn't get a complete floor pan into a hard top anyway!!! Might as well buy what you need!

I have a full rear pan from a 65 Cuda Id sell, it goes from the top of the roll up pan to the dip in the front pans, and has the bucket seat braces welded on! I'm looking to get $150 for it, but it's big, and shipping might be a little difficult!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 248
thats a great deal, too bad not closer. ++ the shop i am working with requested new panels and the plymouth pans are too short for my dart (which is a problem i will have anyway with the re-pops.

Kramer had panels available,not entire pans tho',and not sure where they were
manufactured. C2C as mentioned above, and just curious,does Laysons have anything?

For just the driver's or passenger's floor pan, rockauto has for <$60 ea plus shipping. Doesn't go far up the tunnel and I had to rubber mallet form it in some corners. If I did it again, I would lap weld. Cutting it to butt-weld was very time-consuming and I had many burn-thrus w/ my cheap HF wire-welder. A 1/8" lap overlap is easier and stronger.

be aware 66 dart was a one year only floor pan. I know I need one.

I was at Desert Valley Auto 2 years ago and they got plenty. But they are stoopid in price.
Plus they won't let you cut them out so you are stuck with how and what they cut out by some junk yard dooooooode.

hey, not me, no way. I want them my way.

be aware 66 dart was a one year only floor pan. I know I need one.

I was at Desert Valley Auto 2 years ago and they got plenty. But they are stoopid in price.
Plus they won't let you cut them out so you are stuck with how and what they cut out by some junk yard dooooooode.

hey, not me, no way. I want them my way.

Umm 66 was not a 1 year only floor pan, you could have used any dart 63-66 hardtop,convertible AND the 4 door darts. same pan same spotwelds. heck you can even use the 74 dart floor pan if you cutout the front seat humps and flatten it like the 63-66's
here is a picture of a 66 dart that has a 74 4door rear floorpan all the way up to the new ABS front pans(round plugs are slightly different position ) and ABS front pans since the tunnel was still mostly good. the spot welds on the 74 rear pan section even matched the drilled out 66 sections other than the seatbelt bolt locations it fit!

rear half of the 74 floor pans with the seat riser humps cut out in order to work with 66 seats (I ended up using 97 sebring seat though)
View attachment DSCF2092.jpg

inside view
View attachment DSCF2093.jpg

floor patched for the original seats . which I didn't use :banghead:
the tunnel IS wider on the later model floor pans but does fit the 66 rear seat
the carpet fit a little better with the slightly wider tunnel.(less trimming anyway:D)
View attachment DSCF2103.jpg

all covered and ready to mount carpet and seats
View attachment DSCF3019.jpg

I've got another convertible to do also and it need floor pans so I'll probably go with new later model pans (cheaper too!) and just buy whichever side I need or go the complete floor pan and alter the seat section just like I did on the used one
they are out of stock right now, I did install one in a 72 dart and the fit was good.
http://www.autobodyspecialt.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=400-1067

Attachments

• DSCF3020.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 208
wow, nice. but they are not the same like restoration. still it will provide me with an option since I have no interest in show cars. and thanks for the pictures, they are really helpful.

This is all good info. I bought a 65 Valiant and was told by seller the drivers pan was the only one rusted out. Well the seller never took a good look under the car because all of the well's are rusted out. But as good luck would have it I bought a 74 Valiant for the power train and the complete floor is in good shape. I was in hopes the 74 pan would work in the 65 and from the sound's of things it will. I'm not going to make a show car just a go fast car. Now the big delema is use the running 318 out of the 74 or pull out a 340 and build it for the 65. Maybe the $300 I paid for the running 74 was not such a bad deal after all.
I drive the 65 Valiant around town now and it's fun but the /6 need's to go!!!

Let's keep the old A's on the road one at a time.
Brent in Arizona :blob::blob:

-
Back