Replies disappearing

-

oldkimmer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me understand why this is happening? I try to help with helpful information and my replies disappear. What is up with that. I’m thinking that my info is not needed or wanted apparently so I’ll refrain from trying to help anyone anymore. Kim

I don't know, Kim. I think some of mine didn't go through before I clicked something else, you know? Sometimes the site "hangs" for a bit

Is it on a sale or wanted thread? Comments, although sometimes helpful, are not allowed.
Can someone help me understand why this is happening? I try to help with helpful information and my replies disappear. What is up with that. I’m thinking that my info is not needed or wanted apparently so I’ll refrain from trying to help anyone anymore. Kim

The last two days I have had no new "alerts". Site might be doing something funky.

I replied when a guy asked what the cam specs were. I posted them for him. Which is good info to have as the buyer asked for this info. Then it gets deleted. I try to help someone out and this is what I get. No more, I’ll stand by the wayside and not offer any help. Your reply is gone also. Kim

I replied when a guy asked what the cam specs were. I posted them for him. Which is good info to have as the buyer asked for this info. Then it gets deleted. I try to help someone out and this is what I get. No more, I’ll stand by the wayside and not offer any help. Your reply is gone also. Kim
I am looking back at what thread I think you are talking about. Garret posted a whole list of cam specs in a earlier post for that cam. The same specs you gave. You guys answered a question before the seller got a chance to.

for what its worth i really appreciate all your helpful info..please keep contributing.. Rich

Read post number 5. 340 MP cam. @toolmanmike
That is the new #5. The old # 5 was one of three posts with th cam specs. The posts are renumbered when one is removed. Many of you want to help and you mean well but the owner of this site made these rules for a reason, so that sale and and wanted threads don't get plugged up with comments and conversations.

That is the new #5. The old # 5 was one of three posts with th cam specs. The posts are renumbered when one is removed. Many of you want to help and you mean well but the owner of this site made these rules for a reason, so that sale and and wanted threads don't get plugged up with comments and conversations.
That’s the one I posted the cam specs for as John asked for them. Kim

I would think if someone clarified or added information, it would be a good thing, rather than wholesale deleting posts. Many times the posts add valuable info. I trust our MODs to know the difference, since they have brains.

That’s the one I posted the cam specs for as John asked for them. Kim
ALready posted in post #2 and removed.
upload_2022-4-28_11-41-35.png

I'm running out of time here. I have a DR. appt. I need to get ready for. Every time this subject comes up it always comes down to following the sale rules, No comments are allowed in sale threads. Please follow the rules.

And yet, the rules also state not to turn posts in the regular section into for sale ads. Yet there are two prominent members, one in the coffee shop daily and the other everywhere posting stuff for sale, yet the rules are bent for them. If yall are gonna do a rule crackdown, do it for everybody.

I don’t know anyone that does need help once in a while, this place is ranked #1 in knowledgeable people.. I hate to admit how much I rely on this site..

Kimmer, just start a new thread on random 340 cam specs and share your wealth within the constraints of this website. "340 cam for sale" NEW POST in small blocks: There are at least 2 different stock 340 cams , this auto and this year manual, then the 360-4 is pretty darn close and is 100X more common in most 360 4bbls .yadda yadda....this would show up on all new post feeds and perhaps could answer any questions and possibly advise the seller to clarify what cam he or she has for sale. Dunno...up to you but the mods are not going to change Joey's rules that they volunteer to uphold.

i for 1, enjoy most help from the other members on here. kim, you know i appreciate your knowledge as well as a lot of others on here. but there are some on here ..............., i will just leave it at that.

Change your PC stteings, turn invisible ink (disappearing ink) function "off".

DisappearingInk_540x540.jpg

-
Back