Restoration of Tom Myl's 1968 Super Stock BO29 Hemi Barracuda

-
Quick work Dave. I like the Brown/Yellow paint with the cragars

This is going to be a lot of fun to watch. That is a big job but it looks like your making short work of it. Are there any pictures around of the car when it was picked up at Hurst?

Thanks, Troy

Dave
Whats going on with all of the stuff being removed?
Thanks Doug

Man, I wish I was 800 miles closer. You guys wouldn't be able to keep me away from helping out with that thing!
Tell ya what would be really neat...roll that back half under the parts car and build a second car. Resto the legit car back to the Red, and do the caged car Blue. They'd both be pedigree to some extent. Imagine the head scratching when you display both cars together and tell people it's the same one!

This is going to be a lot of fun to watch. That is a big job but it looks like your making short work of it. Are there any pictures around of the car when it was picked up at Hurst?

Thanks, Troy

Troy,
Yes, there are pictures of Tom Myl picking up the car at Hurst. Just waiting for him to scan them and send them to us. The workmanship that is being do on this Car is second to none. I will have a write up on this tomorrow.

Man, I wish I was 800 miles closer. You guys wouldn't be able to keep me away from helping out with that thing!
Tell ya what would be really neat...roll that back half under the parts car and build a second car. Resto the legit car back to the Red, and do the caged car Blue. They'd both be pedigree to some extent. Imagine the head scratching when you display both cars together and tell people it's the same one!

whitepunkonnitro
What you are saying is what I am doing. This is so awesome and addicting. All I can do is to thank Tony for letting me be a parts of this.
"The parts car" I made a mistake earlier, the car came from California not Arizona. The quarters had to get cut off to get the whole floor out in one piece. Unfortunately could not save the parts car. This was very stress full through this process for Tony.

Wait until you guys see the next step of these two pieces become one, unbelievable work!!!

whitepunkonnitro
What you are saying is what I am doing. This is so awesome and addicting. All I can do is to thank Tony for letting me be a parts of this.
"The parts car" I made a mistake earlier, the car came from California not Arizona. The quarters had to get cut off to get the whole floor out in one piece. Unfortunately could not save the parts car. This was very stress full through this process for Tony.

Wait until you guys see the next step of these two pieces become one, unbelievable work!!!

THis will be an awesome build. Subscribed!:burnout:

WOWZERS!! The holy grail! It's gonna be ultra cool to see this one come back together! It'll be like a close up view of just how these cars were originally put together.

So was the red Tom Myl paint scheme the 1st and the blue Pete Myl paint scheme the 2nd? - Or the other way around?

Troy,
Yes, there are pictures of Tom Myl picking up the car at Hurst. Just waiting for him to scan them and send them to us. The workmanship that is being do on this Car is second to none. I will have a write up on this tomorrow.

Very cool, I can't wait, Thanks!!

Good work!
I just love these cars!
I'm curious on what the fender tag looks like.
Could you post a pic?

I remember the It's Miller Time car at Keystone Raceway in the 70's and 80's.
They sold the car and got a Pro Stock K car.

:burnout:

davescuda made a post over on classracer.com on this restoration that lured me over here. I take particular interest in these very special cars as I have owned a couple original LO23 Hemi Darts including my current one. I am now a member to this site & am looking forward to taking a tour through it. Might even have to start a thread or two.

Last time I saw this particular car was in Mission BC back in early to mid 2000's? I'm guessing. Dave Raybourne owned it at the time. He had just purchased it from Beshore. Great thread Dave.:thumrigh:

liteweight

DaveRaybourneMeanFish.jpg

How competitive was the recent version?

Seems crazy to undo all that work. The AH cars are engineering marvels.

How competitive was the recent version?

Seems crazy to undo all that work. The AH cars are engineering marvels.

I am with you on this as I am a racer at heart.(that pic posted by liteweight is just awsome)
But its Tony's car to do as he likes and I will be watching the build as it happens:cheers:

WOWZERS!! The holy grail! It's gonna be ultra cool to see this one come back together! It'll be like a close up view of just how these cars were originally put together.

So was the red Tom Myl paint scheme the 1st and the blue Pete Myl paint scheme the 2nd? - Or the other way around?

The Blue was the first. But from what Tom has told us, Chrysler sponsored Toms car and wanted it repainter, they did not like it. He did not say why. So by the end of the year it was Candy Red Gold leaf lettering and pin striping.

I am with you on this as I am a racer at heart.(that pic posted by liteweight is just awsome)
But its Tony's car to do as he likes and I will be watching the build as it happens:cheers:

The car has not race since 2007 from what I was told. To stay competitive at that level the car would have to upgraded again. If that had happened you could just kiss this car good buy. There would be nothing left to it. It is more original now than it was two weeks ago. This is the Best thing happing to this car and the history that go with it. All I can say it will be much cooler racing it all original. I don't about you guys but I love the old school stuff. Plus the value!

There is a great story also about this car being altered and the guy almost getting fired from his job, but we will save that for the magazine.

I think this is awesome!

Attachments

• IMG_5609.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,094
  • IMG_5777.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,037
Waiting for one more picture to do an up date.

All of these picture are from are phones. The best ones are on a real camera.

sorry for the delay

All of these pictures are from the first 4 owners. Most of these pictures have never seen until now.

What an amazing opportunity. But you were asked to help for a reason Dave. Congrats! Im with you, I love the old school.

Don't get me wrong I love all these cars. From the beginning until current builds.

This is the car that made me Build mine. I believe this was the last time Slo-Motion raced a NHRA race.

Attachments

• IMG_5472.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,141
  • IMG_5473.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,056
  • IMG_5466.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,064
  • IMG_5468.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,073
  • IMG_5817.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,055
-