Retirement

-

69signetv8

Reaction score
Now that were getting deeper into the fall season, I've noticed that retirement can be very boring during the day time hours waiting for you guys to get off work to start banging your key boards...I'm glad it's 5:30 :lurk: Maybe a few more of you guys should pull the pin :salute:

69signetv8 said:
Now that were getting deeper into the fall season, I've noticed that retirement can be very boring during the day time hours waiting for you guys to get off work to start banging your key boards...I'm glad it's 5:30 :lurk: Maybe a few more of you guys should pull the pin :salute:

:evil3: Hey,Jimmy Boy,don't rub it in to us poor working slobs. I'm hoping in about 8 years,7months,and 23 days,I also can join that boring lifestyle. (Not that I'm counting). I check in about 3 AM,to see what has happened,before I leave for work. (Not too many posts at that hour either.) :coffee2:

Jim...I'm hoping to do that in about 5 years,the Lord willing and my kids dont decide to go to university!

Well guys, thanks for your comments. At least your all with me on the retirement thing. Being bored at home, is still better then a fine day at the office. :headbang: You'll be there before you know it..but the age go's with it :sad1:

I doubt very much retirement income will pay for my "Toy" habit right now - but when the house is payed for in 2 yrs at least semi-retirement will follow shortly there after - and I do mean short.

I retired August 1st 2006 and I haven't been bored one single minute. I got out at 59 while I'm still a kid. Like someone else said...now I spend time with the cars while the wife works all day. :)

I just need to get a little busier and get the 'Cuda on the road.

69signetv8 said:

Enjoy it.

I'll be there next January at a young 59 myself.

Got aways to go, 10-12 years for early retirement, or asap when I hit the lotto !!! LOL.

just 40years 1 month and 22days left to retirement.. nope im not counting but i gues it tells you that iam fairly young

A few more years till th son buys the shop and let's me go..lol..but I've been practicing, stayin home to play with the cars and the grandkids, and at work i just got done building a rotissere for the Dart, so I only work hard when I have to.

If you are so damn bored, why don't you come rake my leaves,then clean the shop, hmmm, wax the Swinger, build some shelves for my shop......

MtNemoMopar said:
If you are so damn bored, why don't you come rake my leaves,then clean the shop, hmmm, wax the Swinger, build some shelves for my shop......

Aaaaaaa-No, Sorry Scott. To tell ya the truth, I'm not sure where the time go's. I'm not even sure how I got things done before retirement. It's just those kind of crap days now and then that a guy would just rather sit and chuck ****.

However,...... If you were the dude next door to me.....I'm quite sure you would have me out there doing "all thee above" ......for the work you "would" be doing on my wheels..........................hee-hee. :headbang:

Errr, or maybe EH..lol Your supposed to retire to Florida... Where there's racing all year round :)

I took an early retirement. Every day is Saturday to me. I've pursued my car hobby without having to partition my time. I'm also an ex musician, (lead guitar around Seattle area for about 25 yrs). I now can make a few recordings for my own amazement. I have a good wife and reasonable health. If you have the chance, retire early, there's always a way to make it work. Life is good. Howard

One of the few good things about working for the State of Ohio is that as corrections employees we have 30 year retirement. I'll get to retire when I'm 54, which is 14 years away. Over halfway there!! I only wish my eyes had been good enough to pass the Highway Patrol test, those billboard-hiding road Nazi's get to retire in 20 years.

Jimmy boy,I to am retired.And There is a lot of thing's to do to keep my mind happy with myself, here it is 4.00 am and I am on the computer talken to the world.
And I do have time to pick up the naybers trash can's for him,or keep the wild dog's out of his yard and pasture.At sun up it is dear or turkey and squrel to amuse me.
racin season is over here in Arkansas,My two son,s Did it in the dirt this year for there first time an 1/8th mile ovel 10 mile's from my house,thing's could be worse.
I am proud to be retired after putting in 40 year's.
Retired = being recaped like a tire to get a good grip :burnout:

Tony Fields said:
I retired August 1st 2006 and I haven't been bored one single minute. I got out at 59 while I'm still a kid. Like someone else said...now I spend time with the cars while the wife works all day. :)

I just need to get a little busier and get the 'Cuda on the road.
I need to show this post to my wife, I told her for the first part of married life the guy can work while the wife stays at home and does the kid thing, in the second part the guy can retire early and th wife can work!!(ha,ha) thats her laughing not me. Your a lucky man, enjoy!!

macadoo1961 said:
I need to show this post to my wife, I told her for the first part of married life the guy can work while the wife stays at home and does the kid thing, in the second part the guy can retire early and th wife can work!!(ha,ha) thats her laughing not me. Your a lucky man, enjoy!!

Hey that's my plan, I'm going to pull the plug in 2-3 years and my wife, god bless her soul, wants to stay working.

demon seed said:
Hey that's my plan, I'm going to pull the plug in 2-3 years and my wife, god bless her soul, wants to stay working.

It work's for me,kid's are grown and noone's at home but me and my computer. Oh and two dog's. can't forget about the dog's :thumbup:

memike said:
It work's for me,kid's are grown and noone's at home but me and my computer. Oh and two dog's. can't forget about the dog's :thumbup:

Yea the dogs are important, here's Sam relaxing at the lake

P5190029 (Custom).JPG

I actually passed my eligibility for retirement two years ago, but one of my girls opted for grad school after she got her BA, so dad's still working and cutting checks for college instead of car parts.

She is pulling a 3.8 average though...makes it a little easier.

Jay

demon seed said:
Yea the dogs are important, here's Sam relaxing at the lake

Hay Sam !!!
keep an eye on your people,and don't let anyone step on there toe's
you look very happy.
A good looker and smart all in one demon seed :thumbup:

-
Back