Richard Petty Leaving Dodge!!!

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Sad day! I just read on msn.com that Richard Petty Motorsports is joining forces with Yates Racing for 2010 and will be in Fords.
Hard to believe after so many years with Dodge.
I know Petty has raced both Fords and Pontiacs in the past, but the Petty name is synonymous with Dodge.
Sad, sad day for Mopar.
Guess I'm gonna have to root for Penske (until he starts racing Saturns).

Nascar has blown for so many years nothing surprises me. With the FED handing over taxpayer billions to GM and Chrysler you will see both auto companies cutting back big time. They can't justify sinking $$$ into failing companies only for those companies to turn around and sink the same taxpayers $$$ into racing. I just read that the FED stated that the taxpayers may never recoup the money the government poured into GM and Chrysler.
Funny..Kahne just won Atlanta in a Petty Dodge.

Like the old saying...follow the money$$I guess I need a new name and plate for my Mopar!(I am a Ford employee)FordBludart,Fordblu...Nah!!LOL

car 002.jpg

At least he is not switching to toyota. That would be to much for me to take. Though I don't watch crapcar any more so what do I care.

Yeah, rumor had it Petty was going Toyota. If he's switching I'd rather see him goes this route.

Well petty enterprises has been dead since the "merge" with gillette-evernham motorsports. All pettys people were let go, with the exception of 2 or 3. They call it richard petty motorsports, but it is nothing but a name, a figure head and a number. Richard himself said he would never have a beer sponsor on his cars, so the budwieser dodge? Aint got a damn thing to do with petty. He sold out his name and likeness, they should have retired the number "43" had a farewell year for Kyle, and called it done. Richard has more money than most all of us put together, it is a sad situation. I wont watch that nascar bullcrap ever again. Toyota, what a joke.

the king richard has won a championship in every brand name in nascar except the toy so i thank him and yates will be a good deal for them mamopar just is not really welcome at the nascar seen after the fall out they had in the 70s so nascar will do all they can to keep mopar down ille still watch nascar as long as mopar is still in it go kasey,and kurt there still in the top ten and hope to make the chase but back to richard hey is and allways will be the king of nascar in my eyes and as for his son he is just init for the love of his son and dad i thank if adam petty was alive to day i thank he could hae been as good as richard thanks for the post im done lol

So long as its not Foreign, its fine.
My father's a long, long time Petty Fan, and was somewhat dissappointed back in 1978 when he was at riverside waiting for the Petty Magnum to come over the hill and was met with a Petty Monte Carlo. He's a bit bummed about this one, mainly because he has to buy Ford die-casts now. But Petty drove GM products for years, and we've got plenty of models of those laying around haha. Petty drove the Ford in 1969 as a protest for not being allowed to have a Daytona, so Chrysler built him the Super Bird...maybe this could lead to a stronger foundation for a return to Dodge in the future...we can only hope.

Now I'm gonna get flack for saying this one....Go Earnhardt!!! Half my room is covered in Pictures and models of Mopars, but the other half is covered in pictrures and models of black, red, green, blue, etc. Chevys...but that one Blue Charger stands out nicely haha. Go Jr!!

This just sums up the times in this country. no loyalty & greed! There isn't a nascar team that are loyal. if the deal was right, hendricks would be in a turdyota.

-
Back