RIP Dee

-
I'm very sorry both of you have had to go through this. I'm praying to God that he makes this bearable for both of you.

I am with her and I was able to feed her a few bites of her lunch. She is refusing her supper. I am still awaiting a call from her oncologist, I have left 3 messages and no call back yet. Thanks everyone for the prayers and kindness and love sent to us from my Mopar family.

Spoke to Dee's oncology nurse this evening. She is going to have Dee's chemotherapy treatments stopped. I got to look into hospice options. Not handling this well at all.

Spoke to Dee's oncology nurse this evening. She is going to have Dee's chemotherapy treatments stopped. I got to look into hospice options. Not handling this well at all.

This is so hard to say but Hospice is the best place when the end is near. They help you cope with the inevitable and keep your loved one comfortable and pain free until the Lord takes her home. Our Hospice was there for my family when Dad got sick and it was a great gift for us all. They even had programs for Mom after Dad's passing to help her cope with the loss. We were so impressed with what they did for us that we donated to their cause. I still bake cookies and take them for the grieving families with loved ones there.

I can't even afford to bury her. I hope I can sell the Duster. We both have no life insurance. She wants to be creamated

I'm really sad to read all of this... I can't imagine what you and your family are going through.. I wish you all the best and hope you can find some peace.

I'm going to speak to the social worker here at the rehab facility about hospice. This is the absolute hardest thing I have ever had to do. I am trying to stay strong but have dropped gallons of tears. I now find myself wondering why, but I'll never know the answers. My faith level is very low right now.

I'm going to speak to the social worker here at the rehab facility about hospice. This is the absolute hardest thing I have ever had to do. I am trying to stay strong but have dropped gallons of tears. I now find myself wondering why, but I'll never know the answers. My faith level is very low right now.

Tom....wish I could find the words to express my sympathies.

EZ, the fellow who did the body & paint on my Dart has been in Hospice for at least a month now. They are not only seeing that EZ is comfortable but his wife is also under there care.

Hang in there man, I know exactly what your going through, not on the same level as You, but I feel your pain! Lost my mother inlaw 9 years ago to this **** (cancer), now my father inlaw is almost there too. I can't even imagine losing a spouse like this, but be strong for her, don't give up on your faith. Don't understand how they can't find a cure for it, but it makes me angry thinking it has something to do with greed in the drug companies. My prayers go out to you man!!!

Tom, along with a social worker, it might be good to reach out to a spiritual advisor. If you haven't connected with a church since you moved, you could find someone at the hospital to speak with. Still praying for peace in your family.

Tom, along with a social worker, it might be good to reach out to a spiritual advisor. If you haven't connected with a church since you moved, you could find someone at the hospital to speak with. Still praying for peace in your family.

I agree. please do this.

New Jersey prayers are on the way to you and Dee! Wish there was something more we could do for Dee!

I am so sorry to hear about this. I cannot imagine what you are going through right now. Claudia and I will send our prayers.

Steve

not easy, i went threw exact same thing a few years ago when I lost my wife of 25 years at age 43 , we did not have health or life insurance ( who expects to need this at that age) I also had to sell a few cars and a house.. and would do it again if I could get her back ! Hospice is best place but it takes a toll on the survivor like no one can imagine ! so with that all say some prayers for BOTH of you and your kids... God Bless

Sorry to read of Dee's issues. Hope for the best and stay strong with her.

Prayers sent to you and Dee and your children Tom, in this very sad and difficult time for all of you. May God bless your wife and family, and we will say plenty of prayers for you during this time. :prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

Sorry to hear about this man. God bless your family in this time.... Went through this last year when my mom passed... Hospice was a god send.. Stay strong and Know we are all keeping you in our prayers...

Dee was transferred to the ER about two hours ago. She has been given morphine for pain. As soon as I have an update. I'll post. Please keep the prayers coming.

She got two doses of morphine and one of diluadin through IV. They got an EKG, X Rays, Blood, Urine samples. They said her labs are very low and she needs to be transferred out to UNC Chapel Hill. Her oncologist will see her and I'll know more. I'm not expecting good news.

Oncologist look at at Dee today. She is not doing well. He told me she has about two weeks left. I am completely devastated.

-
Back