RIP Dee

-
I'm seeking the assistance of yuengling and three shots of rum to put me to sleep. It still isnt working. Im done with the shots and the second yuengling. I was here alone most of the afternoon. Gina and Holly went to the movies and out to eat. You all here Are my support system right now. Im very thankful for all of you.

Hang in there, it's gonna be hard...after I lost my mom a year ago it was hard for me to sleep, just felt heart broken and totally numb. Things will get better, just takes some time....really sucks losing a loved one and some days it's still a struggle.

sorry for your loss as so many others on this great site have said and given some good advise. Everyone is different and deals with grief in their own way. Lots of us have been through it and you can get through it too. I was so numb and confused I just had to get out on my tractor cutting hay to have time to myself and think things through. People would stop by and ask me didn't I know it was going to rain and I said it didn't care. It is tough trying to be strong for the kids and not show how much you are hurting inside too. I am praying for God to give you the strength and courage to make it through. It gets easier with time so take one day at a time. Joe

Sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your girls, I could not imagine going through this. Please accept my condolences and prayers for you and your family.

we offer words to try to ease your pain, because we care. some of us can offer fancier thoughts than others. my words are far from fancy, but heartfelt. I wish I could extend to you and your family comfort, but all I can do is let you know you guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

grief is a natural process. tears help heal our pain. it takes as long as it takes.

I'm sorry for your loss and the pain it causes !
I pray God will comfort you in your time of need with peace that surpasses all understanding !!!
God Bless and peace be with you and your family .
Jim

Let's keep Tom in our prayers, the days so soon after Dee's passing are especially painful for a teenage daughter and a young granddaughter.

Sorry I have not posted. So much has been going on. Dee is in a rehabilitation hospital but she is not responding very well to therapy. She has had to be brought back to the hospital for a blood transfusion. She is now too weak to go to chemotherapy treatments. I stayed with her on Friday and Saturday nights and she woke up around 2 AM on Saturday morning and called me to come to her bedside. She told me through tears that she knows she's going to die and told me to take care of Regina and Holly and to take care of myself. I tried to stay strong but ended up breaking down. She was a little better yesterday and ate a little. Now today she told me she is going to start refusing her meals. Basically she no longer wants to fight this cancer. She said she is too weak and tired of fighting. I'm so torn up inside. I guess there will be some hard decisions to make in the near future. I'm not ready to let her go. This is ripping me apart inside.[/QUOT

I was so sad to read this. I am really feeling for you and kids. Cancer is a bloody scurge. My father and good friend going through Postate and Throat/Lung cancer. Just a horrible horrible disease. Wishing you all the best.

My Condolonces to you and your family for your loss

Grieving is one hell of a roller coaster ride. Do what you can, one breath at a time.
Thoughts and prayers to you and everyone affected by this.

So sorry for your loss. Dee is in heaven and at more peace than we can imagine. Please keep that thought in mind as you go forward raising your beautiful family.

Tom, you're in my prayers.

As you know, I've been walking this path before you and it tears my heart out to have to see you walk it. I can't offer words of healing, as the healing never stops. "Time heals all wounds." No, time only dulls the pain, but the pain is still there, ready to pop up again with a sight, a sound, a scent, a song.

While I can't offer words of healing, I'm hoping that maybe I can offer words of comfort and words for strength.

You are going to walk into dark days ahead. There's no doubt about that. Random moments of darkness, clouding over you. You mustn't stop in those dark spots, because you'll never want to walk back out. Those dark spots will consume you. The idea is to anticipate those dark spots and either continue to walk on through or learn to walk around them.

I sat in a room for damn near a month, with the curtains drawn, only going outside to take the dog to her cage run. I sat and watched TV without ever thinking. I counted down the minutes 'til bedtime, even though I had just gotten up. There was no focus, no purpose, no life left in me. I understand where you're coming from.

But there is hope, Tom. There is the Hope of God. I told people repeatedly that ours was the grief, where Sarah's was the Glory. She was sang to Heaven where she stood and looked in the face our Lord and she Lived! She was able to hold the loved one who went there before her, most especially our daughter.

And while the angels celebrated a new arrival and Jesus Himself greeted her at the door, Jesus turned a tear filled eye towards us. He doesn't want to see His children in pain, but the world is broken. It's a world filled with sadness and that was never His intent as He created Paradise for us to forever to walk with Him. But we broke Paradise and as a result we now live in a world where cancer, brain tumors, and stillbirth happens.

I know when Sarah and I lost Katie God above was just as much in grief as we were (and I am). Katie would have been 13 this year. I look into the eyes of her little brother and wonder what have I done to deserve such a blessing.

And that's what you have to look forward to, Tom. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but there are blessings to come. There always will be. And those blessings will be touched with sadness as you look at them and think of Dee. "If only Dee were here to see this," will come to your mind. I know. There isn't a day that goes by in which I think of something that makes me say the same thing about Sarah.

Those blessings, Tom, are part of God's vision for your life, now and in the future. Your daughters will continue to grow. They will get married. And you'll think, "If only Dee were here to see this," and then you'll realize how blessed you are to see your daughters hit such a milestone and how much they - and you - love their mother. They will have children whom you will be able to hold and you'll think, "If only Dee were here to see this," and then you'll realize how blessed you are for having loved Dee and bring about those grandchildren all because two people fell in love.

And I can tell you, Tom, that there is no force in Heaven or in Hell, that will take away that love you have for Dee. And for that you're blessed. It's because of that love that you feel the pain you're in. It's because of that love you can stand and look at your daughters and know they are blessed for the love you feel for them, for the love of their mother, for the love they have for each other. They were raised in a household of love, Tom, and for that they are blessed.

A new chapter in your life is beginning. It's a sad thought. No one wants to begin a new chapter as it means closing the old one. But in that, the old one can't be edited and no words in the chapter can be taken away. It is set in stone. And for that, you are blessed. That book can be re-opened and re-read and re-accounted to the next generation as you tell the story of Dee to all who will listen. And there will be those who listen: your daughter's future spouses, your future grandchildren, and they will hear the love in your voice as your talk about her, they will see the light in your eyes and know that you're in love, all over again.

I'm sorry, Tom. I know it doesn't feel like it now, but take strength in knowing that there are brighter days in the future in which you'll laugh and share your memories and you'll hear the sound of laughter when you re-count those stories for people who didn't know Dee. You'll be introducing people to a woman they've never met and it will make your heart sing when you do.

I'm here, Brother. We're here. There are a few on this site who are walking this path before you to whom you can reach out. There are a more who are willing to listen. Don't be afraid to talk and don't be afraid to share.

Ramenth is right. And like I said I will continue to be deeply saddened. To this day I still think it should have been me. For the first few months, everywhere I looked I thought I saw my wife. That maybe I had been dreaming all along and had finally awakened from the nightmare. She used to love REO, and I did too. Now, when I hear the first note of any of their songs I become physically I'll. Been happening every time for 35 years. I just have to turn it off. One of our daughters is the spitting image of her mother. True blonde, walks like her, talks like her. The memories just keep returning. Remember, what you think or feel is going to be all new to you, but it is normal. I looked at everything as a new first. First time I awoke and she wasn't there...first time I changed a diaper, just everything. Hang in there, we are all for you. You'll be fine.

Tom, you're in my prayers.

As you know, I've been walking this path before you and it tears my heart out to have to see you walk it. I can't offer words of healing, as the healing never stops. "Time heals all wounds." No, time only dulls the pain, but the pain is still there, ready to pop up again with a sight, a sound, a scent, a song.

While I can't offer words of healing, I'm hoping that maybe I can offer words of comfort and words for strength.

You are going to walk into dark days ahead. There's no doubt about that. Random moments of darkness, clouding over you. You mustn't stop in those dark spots, because you'll never want to walk back out. Those dark spots will consume you. The idea is to anticipate those dark spots and either continue to walk on through or learn to walk around them.

I sat in a room for damn near a month, with the curtains drawn, only going outside to take the dog to her cage run. I sat and watched TV without ever thinking. I counted down the minutes 'til bedtime, even though I had just gotten up. There was no focus, no purpose, no life left in me. I understand where you're coming from.

But there is hope, Tom. There is the Hope of God. I told people repeatedly that ours was the grief, where Sarah's was the Glory. She was sang to Heaven where she stood and looked in the face our Lord and she Lived! She was able to hold the loved one who went there before her, most especially our daughter.

And while the angels celebrated a new arrival and Jesus Himself greeted her at the door, Jesus turned a tear filled eye towards us. He doesn't want to see His children in pain, but the world is broken. It's a world filled with sadness and that was never His intent as He created Paradise for us to forever to walk with Him. But we broke Paradise and as a result we now live in a world where cancer, brain tumors, and stillbirth happens.

I know when Sarah and I lost Katie God above was just as much in grief as we were (and I am). Katie would have been 13 this year. I look into the eyes of her little brother and wonder what have I done to deserve such a blessing.

And that's what you have to look forward to, Tom. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but there are blessings to come. There always will be. And those blessings will be touched with sadness as you look at them and think of Dee. "If only Dee were here to see this," will come to your mind. I know. There isn't a day that goes by in which I think of something that makes me say the same thing about Sarah.

Those blessings, Tom, are part of God's vision for your life, now and in the future. Your daughters will continue to grow. They will get married. And you'll think, "If only Dee were here to see this," and then you'll realize how blessed you are to see your daughters hit such a milestone and how much they - and you - love their mother. They will have children whom you will be able to hold and you'll think, "If only Dee were here to see this," and then you'll realize how blessed you are for having loved Dee and bring about those grandchildren all because two people fell in love.

And I can tell you, Tom, that there is no force in Heaven or in Hell, that will take away that love you have for Dee. And for that you're blessed. It's because of that love that you feel the pain you're in. It's because of that love you can stand and look at your daughters and know they are blessed for the love you feel for them, for the love of their mother, for the love they have for each other. They were raised in a household of love, Tom, and for that they are blessed.

A new chapter in your life is beginning. It's a sad thought. No one wants to begin a new chapter as it means closing the old one. But in that, the old one can't be edited and no words in the chapter can be taken away. It is set in stone. And for that, you are blessed. That book can be re-opened and re-read and re-accounted to the next generation as you tell the story of Dee to all who will listen. And there will be those who listen: your daughter's future spouses, your future grandchildren, and they will hear the love in your voice as your talk about her, they will see the light in your eyes and know that you're in love, all over again.

I'm sorry, Tom. I know it doesn't feel like it now, but take strength in knowing that there are brighter days in the future in which you'll laugh and share your memories and you'll hear the sound of laughter when you re-count those stories for people who didn't know Dee. You'll be introducing people to a woman they've never met and it will make your heart sing when you do.

I'm here, Brother. We're here. There are a few on this site who are walking this path before you to whom you can reach out. There are a more who are willing to listen. Don't be afraid to talk and don't be afraid to share.

Robert, thank you so much for the heartfelt words. I cannot say any more than your words have touched me deeply.

Very sorry for your loss Tom. Take each day as it comes and spend time with your girls. You all will need each other more now than ever. Rest easy knowing Dee is watching over your family now, we are here for you.

Thanks again everyone for the prayers and love. Dee's memorial services are going to be next Wednesday April 13th at C3 Church 8246 Cleveland School Rd Clayton, NC 27520.

-
Back