Rockin' Restorations....what tunes shift YOUR gears?

-

Captainkirk

Old School Mopar Warrior
Reaction score
A while back someone did a thread about cruisin' music, what tunes you groove to while driving, hanging out, etc with your Mopar ride.
This one's a bit different. What tunes do you choose when wrenching on the Ol' Mopar? When your personal Fuel Needle is bouncing off "E", which tunes can light your fire?
I'll go first; when all the juice has run out of my Spunk-O-Meter, a sure thing to get me going again is Springsteen's "Born To Run" album. The whole damn thing. Drop the CD in, crank it up and start twisting wrenches. Gets me going every time. There is so much car vibe in that whole album I can't help but get into whatever I'm doing.

Perfect Strangers,Deep Purple.Occasionally Led Zeppelin IV.

same thing i have on when drivng . Contry (Older stuff ) Only a few of the new stuff is woth a damn .

Whatever the local classic rock radio station is playing at the moment. Most of the time I'm so lost in thought that the radio is background noise and I hardly hear anything. Or pay attention to anything other than the task at hand. I once threw a DA at a delivery driver's head when he was dropping off paint. And my former business partner's wife learned after the first time to stand out of arms reach if it was noisy in the shop and I was working.

Given that, though, Back in Black is the ringtone on my phone and every time I hear it it motivates me to work on one of my projects. The '78 F250 my grandad bought new off the lot is going to be triple black.

I never noticed it, but I rarely ever have music playing when I am working! I try to use ear plugs alot as my hearing is getting worse (Im 34!). If I were to listen to music, it always depends on my mood.

Some good ones here!
Back in Black should be great!
Never tried The King but seems like that would get the juices flowing!
I too, often tune to classic rock. But then they throw in some fruity pop song that totally blows the mood....
The other night I was arm-deep in rust listening to classic rock when they throw this dorky Phil Collins thing on from the Eighties with all these horns and stuff...I thought I was gonna puke....I actually stopped what I was doing and dropped a dime on Bruce and when Thunder Road came belting out, it was all good again and I got right back to work. It's amazing how the right or wrong tunes can do it or blow it mood-wise.
Wish I had some Jan & Dean or Beach Boys on CD.
They did Rush's "Red Barchetta" the other night on the classic rock station...that one works! As does Deep Purple's "Highway Star!"

ZZ Top,Segar,AC/DC,Thin Lizzy,Bad Company,Who,Queen,CCR,John Lee Hooker,BB King,James Brown,Black Sabbath,Zepplin,Doobies,Mellencamp,Boston,Van Halen,Heart,Deep Purple,Allman Bros,and more....

ZZ Top,Segar,AC/DC,Thin Lizzy,Bad Company,Who,Queen,CCR,John Lee Hooker,BB King,James Brown,Black Sabbath,Zepplin,Doobies,Mellencamp,Boston,Van Halen,Heart,Deep Purple,Allman Bros,and more....

Yes....all of the above....but be specific! I mean which tunes really make you wanna twist the ol' chrome vanadium?
I guess I should have been more specific in my first post...although there's not a bad cut on BTR...so let me break it down:
(obviously) Born To Run
Thunder Road
She's the one
Night
Backstreets
Jungleland

BTW....my favorite Allman Bros. twister tune is "Dreams". Yeah, baby....

Early Motley Crue, Van halen, Boston, ZZ top, Molly Hatchet.

The music that came out when you were in school, and said damn thats a good song.

I will throw some 38 special in there because I seen them play in a little now where place before they were famous.

man, you fellas like some good music.

Not a fan of the Who. but i dont hate them either.

Occasionally, Welcome to the Jungle.........Period correct,for me.

Perfect Strangers

That's a good one.

Usually the same music that gets me going for working on a car is the same stuff I have playing in one of my vehicles. If it's good enough to drive to, it's good enough to work to.

Metallica, Megadeth, Guns N Roses, Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, ACDC, Ozzy, Black Sabbath (any era sabbath), Rainbow, Pink Floyd (any era PF, though Gilmour era is my favorite), Y&T, Savatage, Slaughter, Axe, The Cars, Krokus, etc.

Some of the projects require high octane fuel/music. Screaming guitar solos, dark lyrics, and what not..

Working on the '74, you'll usually hear a playlist blasting from in the garage. That project requires high octane fuel. Like :

Iron Maiden - Number of The Beast
Iron Maiden - Fear of The Dark
Megadeth - A Tout Le Monde
Megadeth - My Last Words
Black Sabbath - Devil & Daughter
Black Sabbath - Falling Off The Edge of The World
Y&T - Contagious
Dokken - Don't Close Your Eyes
Kiss - Unholy
Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls
Metallica - Until It Sleeps
Blue Oyster Cult - In The Presence Of Another World

Any Van Halen
Especially Van Halen 1 2 or Fair Warning
Scorpions Blackout
Dokken Touth n Nail
Really I like to make cd's with more random stuff
Depends on the mood ? Or if it's a thrash to get done or no time frame ?

-
Back