Roller Rockers

-

340Dart

Obsessive Dart Disorder
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Would it be worth it to go from my crane doctile iron rockers to roller rockers. The cam lift is 508. How much gain? 1.5 ratio. Thanks

Fred B

i don't think you you will gain anything with only a .508 lift.i would think if you had more than a .550 lift than it may be worth it.

On a track day back-to-back test, we replaced the MP HD stamped rockers with a set of 1.5 cranes, with pushrods and setting preload on a mild 440. Car runs high 12s all day, regardless of weather. It picked up about .04. So we switched back to std rockers...lol. I dont think you'll see much gain at all. I've run irons for years.

Hey Moper, check those stamped rockers. They are listed as 1.5's but are closer to 1.45. I have NEVER found any to be as good as 1.5 IMHO, alot of the gain in going to after market rockers are the more accurate ratio, along with the increased ratio's, 1.5/1.6 or greater. Terry.

72dartster; Welcome aboard.

340Dart; No. Not worth the coin or gain.

340Dart said:
Would it be worth it to go from my crane doctile iron rockers to roller rockers. The cam lift is 508. How much gain? 1.5 ratio. Thanks

Fred B

A good upgrade is to go with 1.6/1.5 RR to get you some more "true" lift at the valve and add some bottom end torque. I have measured quit a few stamped steel rockers(not cranes) and many (if not all) were less than the 1.5 ratio.

-
Back